test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Roundtable Challenge #2 Mission Thread

drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
In this thread, those entering the Foundry Roundtable Challenge #2 must post the mission details by 4 p.m. US Pacific Time on May 14. Only the missions posted in this thread will be entered into the contest.

Please post the following information.

Mission Title:
Your @Handle:
Faction:
Level Requirement:
Mission Summary:

Please use this thread only to post entry details. To discuss the challenge, please use the thread in the general Foundry area.
The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Post edited by drogyn1701 on

Comments

• Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    My apologies I didn't get mine finished in time. I do plan to still finish it however but not in time for the contest. Good luck to everyone that entered.
    Post edited by odyssey47 on
  • Options
    elijahthomasstoelijahthomassto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Mission Title: "Infinity's Witness"
    Author's Handle: @ElijahThomas
    Faction: Federation
    Level Requirement: TBD
    Mission Summary: The U.S.S. Infinity has been discovered almost two centuries after it was lost with all hands. You are called to a burgeoning Romulan colony in the Haradon System to observe the wreckage and oversee the exploration of this lost relic's secrets.
    Foundry Missions by @ElijahThomas

e3e7b26f-fe46-407a-9b30-9b78e5b43584_zps7b329b80.jpg
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Mission Title: "Odd Old Ends"
    Your @Handle: @cuchulainn74
    Level Requirement: 31+
    Mission Summary: While cruising the Denobulan Sector, you receive a faint and confusing comm signal that leads to a planet in the grip of a devastating seismic catastrophe. Finding the source of the signal may solve a century-old mystery and prevent hundreds of lost lives. It may also cost you your ship and crew.
    Post edited by cuchulainn74 on
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    zebgodwinzebgodwin Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Mission Title: The Mirror of Infinity
    Author: @zebgodwin
    Level Requirement: 31+
    Mission Summary: A routine mission to investigate a subspace anomaly in the Seginus system leaves your ship trapped in an interdimensional pocket between universes, along with two other starships. In order to escape, you must broker a truce between the descendants of the crew of the long-lost USS Infinity and their mortal enemies - their Mirror Universe counterparts - and convince the two sides to work together.
    Foundry Missions by @zebgodwin
    Trouble in Trimble: An illicit Reman colony is under attack by Orion pirates. Will you defend the colony or arrest its only defender?
    Paying the Price: You must protect an uncontacted pre-warp civilization from Orion slavers, without violating the Prime Directive.
    The Mirror of Infinity: To save your ship, you must convince the descendants of the crew of the long-lost USS Infinity to work with their mortal enemies - their Mirror Universe counterparts. Part of the USS Infinity Foundry Roundtable Challenge.
    The Tholian Tempest: A rescue mission on a Y-class world leaves the away team stranded inside a Shakespeare play while under attack by Tholians and Gorn.
    The Trafalgar Paradox: A mission to locate a missing Starfleet vessel leads the away team into a mind-bending temporal paradox.
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Mission Title: "Atlas's Infinity"
    Your @Handle: @XR-377
    Level Requirement: Any Level
    Mission Summary: "Investigating the myths of a fledgling spacefaring race leads you down a trail haunted by the many ghosts of a lost starship. But as the multitude of roads converge you may find yourself questioning the truths of this fractured tragedy. Did her lost crew risk the fate of the quadrant on a selfish attempt to escape? It behooves to remember that in mythology Atlas attempted to trick another into carrying his burden; for it must be carried, for all Infinity."
    Post edited by designationxr377 on
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    With Foundry downtime, the contest will naturally be extended. It would probably be good to know if there are any authors affected by the editor coming down before thursday (the old submission deadline.) If so, I'm sure we'll make accommodations.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    With Foundry downtime, the contest will naturally be extended. It would probably be good to know if there are any authors affected by the editor coming down before thursday (the old submission deadline.) If so, I'm sure we'll make accommodations.

Speaking of this, do we already have any hint on how long the Foundry downtime will be?

Typically my luck that i had just started using it weeks ago and was in the process of creating a full storyarc <.<
  • Options
    ashstorm1 wrote: »

Speaking of this, do we already have any hint on how long the Foundry downtime will be?

Typically my luck that i had just started using it weeks ago and was in the process of creating a full storyarc <.<

Nope, we only got confirmation of downtime with the patch notes and we generally don't get any clue to its length. Recently, normal Foundry downtimes have been short (couple weeks) but there could always be extenuating technical circumstances. Ie. something goes wrong or needs major adjustments (which happened with the last downtime, lighting 2.0 and the Foundry didn't get along very well.)

So, the stance to take is that it'll be done when it's done. Keep an eye out in-game or on the main Foundry discussion forums for updates. If you're on twitter, @Foundryrountab will also post downtime news.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    > @duncanidaho11 said:
    > With Foundry downtime, the contest will naturally be extended. It would probably be good to know if there are any authors affected by the editor coming down before thursday (the old submission deadline.) If so, I'm sure we'll make accommodations.

Yeah, I'm still working on the last edits of my entry. Mostly dialogue, so it shouldn't take too long once the editor is back.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »

Nope, we only got confirmation of downtime with the patch notes and we generally don't get any clue to its length. Recently, normal Foundry downtimes have been short (couple weeks) but there could always be extenuating technical circumstances. Ie. something goes wrong or needs major adjustments (which happened with the last downtime, lighting 2.0 and the Foundry didn't get along very well.)

So, the stance to take is that it'll be done when it's done. Keep an eye out in-game or on the main Foundry discussion forums for updates. If you're on twitter, @Foundryrountab will also post downtime news.

Hmm, ok thanks.

Ah well, in the meantime i can still work on the plot and dialogues themselves via Word, i guess XD
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm still working on the last edits of my entry. Mostly dialogue, so it shouldn't take too long once the editor is back.

No worries then, we'll make sure you (and other authors) have the time they need to wrap things up within an appropriate timescale. :)
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Yeah I'll need all the time I can get. Luckily I should have more free time after downtime than I did before down time.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Per what Drogyn said in the main thread, authors will have three days to finalize their missions after both the editor and reviewing come back online.

And per the OP (dang...should have read that a bit more closely) I will have to defer all future discussion of downtime and schedule changes to the main challenge thread in general Foundry discussion.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    Reminder from the main thread. Missions need to be published by 4 p.m. Pacific Time on Sunday, May 14 (tomorrow). If you can't publish by that time for any reason please let me know, I want to make sure everyone who wants to participate can do so.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable