test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 4/25/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/25 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I do not see anything about fixing the separation pets in the notes on patch :#
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Nerf Trek Online...
  • sixoftwelvesixoftwelve Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    My concern becomes real.... Torpedo skill's duration is nerfed like Tribble patch on March 15, 2017.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    My concern becomes real.... Torpedo skill's duration is nerfed like Tribble patch on March 15, 2017.

Yeah, was surprised to see that, as I thought they reverted this in Tribble? Patch notes for April 6 say
    •The Bridge Officer Abilities Torpedo High Yield and Torpedo Spread once again upgrade your next attack within 30 seconds.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they probably just forgot to include that...see if the buff lasts for 10 seconds or not tomorrow - if it does, THEN you can gripe at them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Please note, we've added two Known Issues to the patch notes:
    • Core Assault Elite Queues are temporarily unavailable.
    • PVP is temporarily disabled.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    [*] PVP is temporarily disabled.
    [/list]

That's hillarious. The great PvP season starts without PvP. You can't make this up :D
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    can i be a space healer now? :smiley:
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Torpedo High Yield, Torpedo Spread, and Torpedo Transport Warhead now only upgrade the player’s next torpedo attack within 10 seconds, from the player’s next attack within 30 seconds.
    @crypticspartan#0627

Is this the correct patch note? The last tribble patch on these powers changed this to a longer lockout between firing a high yield / torpedo spread enhanced shots and activating a new HYT/TS, which was a lot better.

Though this is also in the patch notes:
    The Bridge Officer Abilities Torpedo High Yield and Torpedo Spread can no longer be activated while the player has a Torpedo High Yield or Spread available to fire, or if the player has fired a torpedo as a High Yield or Spread within the last 5 seconds.
    I doubt both were applied, the first would make the second superflous. I guess I'll find out tonight.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Boarding Party:
    The duration of that subsystem offline now scales with the owner's Drain Expertise.

Why? Disables are "control" abilities, not "drain" abilities. @crypticspartan#0627​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/25 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team

Well I am disappointed a lot of feedback was ignored. Two examples being

“Call Emergency Artillery: The damage dealt by the artillery vessels summoned by this ability has been significantly increased.”
    The skill is still a waste of time to use as damage is so low that even after the change it is not useful and all the other problems mentioned in the balanced thread. I will be very surprised if a noticeable amount of people start using this skill its just not viable to use even though the idea behind the skill is great.

Also very disappointed the no new Competitive Wargames Reputation mine set item does small damaged compared to basic Quantum mines. Why is it every special Quantum mine has to be made useless with damage so low compared to normal mines? On average my Modulating Competition Mine was doing 8000 less damage per volley compared to basic Quantum mine. Its as bad as the useless Tethered Quantum mines which also need a balance pass due to low damage. The only point of Quantum mines is to do damage so why use the reputation one when it lowers damage by a large amount?
  • pertunepertune Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    i got to many negative comments for this new Season, i would be here still trying to list them when season 14 releases whenever.... (again they make more of us wanna quit in the long run ) *Cough* Delta Rising *Cough*
  • nekofury86nekofury86 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Why'd you have to nerf Science so hard? I've been playing going on three years now, all my characters have been engineers, I finally started getting into Science. I even just blew a bunch of resources on a new science character including a 300+mill ship. I mean come on, if you're going to nerf something, nerf the TRIBBLE outta tactical captains, they do WAY too much damage and you know it. Records even show them doing more than 500K DPS, talk about needing a nerf. Point of a game is to have fun, queues being done in 3 minutes or less ruins fun... and the challenge.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Disables, System Offlines, Shutdowns
    > Are these all the same thing? Because it's getting hard to understand what some things count as, especially as some of them now have lockouts.
    SulMatuul.png
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    > Are these all the same thing? Because it's getting hard to understand what some things count as, especially as some of them now have lockouts.

Fair question. Sometimes I have the feeling new terminology is introduced at random at the time a ability is developed instead of using terminology that was already present. While the ship classifications are all over the place it's a mostly cosmetic/fluff annoyance while this here directly affects the gameplay.

The only think I am certain about are disables. Those are abilities that immedeatly disable one subsystem on activation without draining power and are supposed to be control effects like Viral Matrix, Disable Subsystem Targeting etc. A "shutdown" I'd speculate happens if subsystem power is drained to zero and maybe system offline refers to shockwaves like tricobalts but it's a wild guess.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

Fair question. Sometimes I have the feeling new terminology is introduced at random at the time a ability is developed instead of using terminology that was already present. While the ship classifications are all over the place it's a mostly cosmetic/fluff annoyance while this here directly affects the gameplay.

The only think I am certain about are disables. Those are abilities that immedeatly disable one subsystem on activation without draining power and are supposed to be control effects like Viral Matrix, Disable Subsystem Targeting etc. A "shutdown" I'd speculate happens if subsystem power is drained to zero and maybe system offline refers to shockwaves like tricobalts but it's a wild guess.

a disable is something that knocks out your entire ship, not just one subsystem - in other words, you can't do anything at all with it, as the entire tray is darkened (except for whatever cleanse powers you have that can actually remove disable effects, if any), the ship stops moving, weapons are locked, etc.

an example of something that disables would be photonic shockwave, and all derivatives of it

the difference between subsystem offline and shutdown was explained by someone (probably borticus or spartan) back during the skill revamp, but i don't remember what was said about them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    a disable is something that knocks out your entire ship, not just one subsystem - in other words, you can't do anything at all with it, as the entire tray is darkened (except for whatever cleanse powers you have that can actually remove disable effects, if any), the ship stops moving, weapons are locked, etc.

an example of something that disables would be photonic shockwave, and all derivatives of it

the difference between subsystem offline and shutdown was explained by someone (probably borticus or spartan) back during the skill revamp, but i don't remember what was said about them

But what is an "subsystem diable" then - this is something different from a "ship disable" but both are referrred to as "disables"? For example, Viral Matrix subsystem offline/shutdown/disable is a control effect. According to the patchnotes, Boarding Party now is a drain effect - without actually draining anything. The phaser proc is also a control effect.

@borticuscryptic could maybe make the terms more distinct from another?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    @angrytarg I think that was the only way to buff that ability since it wasn't really fun anyway...
    No one used it so yeah...
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    > @lighte007 said:
    > @angrytarg I think that was the only way to buff that ability since it wasn't really fun anyway...
    > No one used it so yeah...

I am using it quite a lot, so... Your statement is wrong. But seriously, making it a drain effect doesn't help with anything, it just forces control builds that used it to split between drain and control.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Please note, we've added two Known Issues to the patch notes:
    • Core Assault Elite Queues are temporarily unavailable.
    • PVP is temporarily disabled.

lol.. ya now its balacend.
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Boarding Party:
    The duration of that subsystem offline now scales with the owner's Drain Expertise.

Why? Disables are "control" abilities, not "drain" abilities. @crypticspartan#0627​​

subsystem offline is drain or not ?
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Is there a listing of what ships will gain the heavy weapon slot?
    1xe027q.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I am disappointed in the sci nerf. I'll crunch my numbers when we wake on the other side. I'm hoping for only a 25% nerf. 50% will be tough to stomach. Might be the end of my spacefaring days. Ground could be the new space. We'll see.

This will be the second time I've gotten (to my definitions) 'good enough' and then been smacked back down.

I took a final tour this morning in my beautiful ship replete with all gilded accoutrements. To me it's neat to be so powerful. Yet at the same time I am forced to admit we are too powerful now and the reset is good. My only complaint is that the balance between tac and sci may now be worse than before the balance and this strikes me as unfair and undesirable.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    [*] PVP is temporarily disabled.
    [/list]

How will this affect the new PvE queues that are a PvE/PvP combo ? are they unplayable at launch ? or is this simply Player X challenges Player Y to a private challenge which is what has been disabled ? old school PvP ?
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • zebgodwinzebgodwin Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Foundry functions will be temporarily unavailable.

How long is "temporarily"? The Foundry's pretty much the only reason I still play this game.
    Foundry Missions by @zebgodwin
    Trouble in Trimble: An illicit Reman colony is under attack by Orion pirates. Will you defend the colony or arrest its only defender?
    Paying the Price: You must protect an uncontacted pre-warp civilization from Orion slavers, without violating the Prime Directive.
    The Mirror of Infinity: To save your ship, you must convince the descendants of the crew of the long-lost USS Infinity to work with their mortal enemies - their Mirror Universe counterparts. Part of the USS Infinity Foundry Roundtable Challenge.
    The Tholian Tempest: A rescue mission on a Y-class world leaves the away team stranded inside a Shakespeare play while under attack by Tholians and Gorn.
    The Trafalgar Paradox: A mission to locate a missing Starfleet vessel leads the away team into a mind-bending temporal paradox.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Ah, yesssss. Let those salty tears flow. Marvelous. :D
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I do not see anything about fixing the separation pets in the notes on patch :#
    Of all things, I too am still waiting on the ability to use a bunch of my ships as they were intended with separation or non-hangar pets not vanishing. One more month and it's half a year now since their feature and many associated traits/consoles/Etc., are completely and entirely unusable because such pets vanish.
    Resolved an issue where some powers used an incorrect auxiliary power formula.
    This might explain some of the nerfs to science powers, but I'm not sure about anything anymore. Everything's on spin cycle, which inevitably will cause more players to either rethink a ton of basics or just give up and go elsewhere.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.