test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

problems with a fleet

mattymansonmattymanson Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Have you had any problems where fleet members are rude and not sociable and lack of communication :'(

My fleet had 54 members and ending to kick most of them out for that reason, and we have only myself and fleet captain now atm.

The rules have been changed and try to get users from these locations: GMT 0:00 London time and GMT+1 Rome however my fleet is not fully dead as everybody think it is.

I am light minded person age 33 from UK, however we now have the hard time of trying to getting new members at this present time and they must use discord voice chatting software link provided here: https://discordapp.com/

if you are intrested

please contact me MANSON@mattymanson on STO or add discord id will be matty#4704

but I will prefer you contact me on Discord.

and I will explain all the details to you why the fleet rules have changed and how we run the fleet now form what we did and personal reasons are involed.

yours

Matthew

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    It sounds like, at least from my interpretation, that your expectations and rules for your fleet members are taking the fun out of the game for them. Why does your fleet need rules, at least outside of the obvious few, like not cleaning out the fleet to fund your own private fleet? If people want to be social, then they will be. Instead of booting them out of your fleet. Perhaps you should have tried finding reasons to help them feel more comfortable with everyone to want to be more social. As a fleet leader of casual fleets where people can be as social or unsocial as they wish. People play and enjoy the games in different ways.

To those you booted out of your fleet and anyone looking for a fleet to join, Fed and or KDF. If you want to join another fleet, then feel free to pop in the "tenforwardforum" ingame chat (no quotes) and see if we can help enhance your enjoyment when you play STO. We have players from all around the world, some who are very casual all of the way up to some who are incredible grinders. How you play is up to you, contributions to fleet projects are not mandatory, there is no orders given, and our only goals are to be helpful to our fellow players and enjoy everything STO has to offer.
  • mattymansonmattymanson Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Flaming/Harassing/Negative comments moderated out.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • hazzabro15#1745 hazzabro15 Member Posts: 1 New User
    jcsww. If his fleet members are rude and lack communication, then why should mattymason have to put up with them. The way I see it, if your team is filled with rude people, kick em out. Mattymason has his reasons for kicking them out. How would u feel if your team was rude and lacked communication. If there is no communication between the team, then the team won't get anything done.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Oh yeah, this is gonna end well.

Airing a Fleet's dirty laundry in public in such a manner is very bad form. 'Nuff said.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • jojo1959#9485 jojo1959 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    i agree with :) hazzabro15, I know Mattymanson very well outside the game he is a kind and caring person and light mined he was brought up in the world of problems witch I can not discuss because its very close to his personal life, some Users have been giving mattymanson a bad name I maybe new to the game I think baddmoonrizin should unban him quick, yes I agree hazzabro15 in a lot of ways as one.

I am 59 yrs old and I do not live very far from Mattymanson, I have met with him he lives about 2 miles way from me, so we do chat about these problems and how to sovle it or deal with it. My husband was upset with the users that upset mattymanson he had a full blow fit last night he had come to mattymanson's aid and support him, and he swore a lot and said "what the hell have they done to him, if they can not attack from the outside the game, they ending up atttacking him inside the game".

yours

JoJo
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    a lot of 1St time posters in this thread.

not suspicious at all...
    edited April 2017
    *** Comments discussing moderation removed. *** (baddmoonrizin)

by saying these nasty comment's you may get mattymanson's fleet members, or helping them to leave his fleet is wrong.
    there is no victory by striking your opponent behind the back who is weaker then you.

mattymanson does understand what is a what and what is a need for e.g. ok for by taking mattymanson's fleet members is mostly a what not a need for you, for mattymanson it is a need because its a primary for him because he has not got so many in a fleet to help him.

Mattymanson is at lvl 60 and he played since 2011 I have been watching him play STO for sometime.

yours

JoJo
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    a lot of 1St time posters in this thread.

not suspicious at all...

As a Fleet leader myself, I cannot imagine a scenario where I'd just suddenly remove 50 plus people from my Fleet for the reasons the OP posted. It makes no sense to me.

Intriguing that three...separate people use startlingly similar phrasing. They also make the same syntax and grammar errors. Not ordinarily someone who is concerned with such things. And English isn't the easiest language in the world to pick up.
    But the similar grammar and syntax errors in three posts by three...different people does bring up some interesting questions.

1) Is it possible some people are colluding here?
    2) Is it possible this is some sort of mad trolling event?
    3) Or, is it multiple forum accounts from the same user?

Simplest answer which fits the facts is usually the correct one. Seen it done before and far better the last time. I also have to reiterate what I posted earlier about airing dirty laundry in public. At a certain point, is he explaining to us or justifying to himself what he allegedly did?

tl;dr version - Obvious troll is obvious.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • asada#4622 asada Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    As a fleet leader, I would say that the problem isn't with the membership, but with the leader who may have a Ego or a pride Problem. Also Just because you know someone in real life doesn't mean you know anything about how they behave in the virtual world. Many people change their image in the virtual world because it is easy to do so and the people you chat with may never meet you in real life. Thus meaning that you literally have no idea who they are online. I do say I would agree with thunderfoot on this possibly being a troll thread. But neverless kicking 50 members and blaming the membership For the same reason as they are rude, seems to be primarily a problem with the leadership of the said fleet. This means that the fleet leader of the fleet shouldn't manage a fleet if he really believes he played no role, that's just stupid and no player should join that fleet until the current leader of that fleet is removed. If the fleet leader can't respect his fleet, then he shouldn't be a leader. I know I wouldn't trust him if I learned that he kicked out all of his members for a stupid reason
    is non of the above 3 thanks, we are all 3 real life people mattymanson is real so am I we are both on different computers, and his friend lives else where and as a computer of his own and threres no troll I am genuine as mattymanson is, so as fleet leader may I ask if you had similar problems with your fleet how will you fix it and sort it with out making a problem bigger then what it is?

mattymanson only needs help and support he his doing well as a fleet leader himself he has his up and downs, he likes to teamwork with others and he like to socialize as he does not get out as much.

if you what to ask any questions about mattymanson please pm me asap

thanks

JoJo
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Ok, folks. Let's refrain from attacking the OP, or trying to psychoanalyze his reasons and motives. This is his fleet recruitment thread, so let's leave him to it. I'd hate to have to shut this down because of it getting out of hand.

For the record, no one has been banned. Rules breaking comments have simply been removed.

Carry on.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    jcsww. If his fleet members are rude and lack communication, then why should mattymason have to put up with them. The way I see it, if your team is filled with rude people, kick em out. Mattymason has his reasons for kicking them out. How would u feel if your team was rude and lacked communication. If there is no communication between the team, then the team won't get anything done.

When everyone else is the problem...rarely is it the issue with everyone else. And honestly...that removed comment did little to make it seem like the issue was the rest of his fleet. And finally...this being your one and only post leads me to think you are an account made up to try and support the OP...which all in all looks bad. I was gonna leave this alone until this rather badly done attempt to dig at jcsww with a made up account.

Good god you guys give me a headache. Coldnapalm, are you ever in a good mood?
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Trolling comment moderated out.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    It sounds like, at least from my interpretation, that your expectations and rules for your fleet members are taking the fun out of the game for them. Why does your fleet need rules, at least outside of the obvious few, like not cleaning out the fleet to fund your own private fleet? If people want to be social, then they will be. Instead of booting them out of your fleet. Perhaps you should have tried finding reasons to help them feel more comfortable with everyone to want to be more social. As a fleet leader of casual fleets where people can be as social or unsocial as they wish. People play and enjoy the games in different ways.

To those you booted out of your fleet and anyone looking for a fleet to join, Fed and or KDF. If you want to join another fleet, then feel free to pop in the "tenforwardforum" ingame chat (no quotes) and see if we can help enhance your enjoyment when you play STO. We have players from all around the world, some who are very casual all of the way up to some who are incredible grinders. How you play is up to you, contributions to fleet projects are not mandatory, there is no orders given, and our only goals are to be helpful to our fellow players and enjoy everything STO has to offer.

Hmmm..."Upstanding" Fleet Leader comes here to PUBLICLY announce he kicked nearly all 54 fromn 'his' Fleet for being "rude."
    ^^^
    Yep, like others here, I don't think the vast majority of the members that were removed were the problem with the Fleet in this case; but hey welcome to MMOs and ego-driven Guild leadership. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    [Unnecessary namecalling modded out]

hahahahahahahaha
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).