test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Console] The Phoenix Prize Pack!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Phoenix Prize Pack comes to console, starting right this darned minute.

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/10465043

Comments

• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    doesn't PC get a chance of getting really good upgrade token? I don't see any upgrade's on the list
  • kidflash112kidflash112 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    cant wait for this to come back on pc I got 1 epic last time haven't used it yet got various stuff for my three main toons and upgraded a lot of things next time this event happens im gonna break the bank buying them..
    [img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg
    guess the chance's of getting a epic is the same as lockbox ships?
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I could live without getting an Epic one, as I'm not a fan of the Breen ships. I really would like one of the Risian Luxury Cruisers and am beginning to think my chances are slim on scoring one of those?

Thus far I have been able to get the Red Matter Capacitor for a couple of characters, I picked all three available duty officers for another few. I chose the Radan and Mol'Rihan Tribbles for another pair and gave one the Mirror Universe Agony Field Rifle. I grabbed all of the Crystalline things and various emotes and a small stack of the Phoenix Tech Upgrade kits.

But still hoping for the Risian Cruiser ..... alas!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    doesn't PC get a chance of getting really good upgrade token? I don't see any upgrade's on the list
    If you happen to be a veteran player already in possession of all of the retired items being offered, Uncommon Prize Tokens may also be traded in for a number of prizes that everyone can make unlimited use of: Fleet Credit Bonus Pools, Fleet Mark Bonus Pools, Reputation Mark Bonus Pools, Commendation XP Bonus Pools, or the special Phoenix Upgrade Tech (equivalent to multiple Universal Superior Tech Upgrades, with no Dilithium cost to apply!)

Personally, I'd want the Phoenix Upgrade Tech over pretty much everything else, since the rest are not the account unlocks an Event Run would be; that really cuts back on their utility. Just remember to buy while you can if you really want any of the stuff here, since they are only available until Tuesday, April 25th at 10am PST.

Now the Zefram Cochrane Shotgun, that does look to be missing; hopefully it's planned for an upcoming Event, though I don't think Console has as many Kit Modules as PC does either. The Shotgun is handy against Borg/Elachi, just remember (if it becomes available) that most PhysD bonuses were changed to melee-only; just go with the regular old Crit builds instead, since Crit still works for pretty much everything.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited April 2017
    Zefram Cochran shotgun is not available this time out. And it looks like the internal mechanics for the phoenix packs runs a might finicky as I've opened quite a few on both my main and alt gamertags (neither of which is captainwells, by the way) and as we are entering the final stretch; it appears that I am going to be TRIBBLE out of luck on getting the Risian Luxury Cruiser. Bummed a bit about that!

I have banked quite a nice stack of phoenix tech upgrades for posterity and also given many of my characters red matter capacitors, sets of very rare duty officers that were featured, and the crystalline energy torpedo and consoles.
    Post edited by captainwells on
    edited April 2017
    I appreciated the contents of the Phoenix Prize Pack and thank Cryptic for making them available despite not getting the one item that I dearly wanted (Risian Luxury Cruiser). I have no idea if that ship will be offered again down the road, so my head canon tells me to declare this event a bugged out glitch that specifically targeted me.

I'm going to have to go kill 100 members of every enemy faction in the game and then blow up at least one Federation planet to make myself feel somewhat better about this snafu!
    never got a very rare token... ffs
    Between my main and alt gamertags and seventeen characters, I thought "sure, I will get one of the ultra rare tokens - no problem?"

Not so much as a one? I did get tons of uncommon, rare and very rare. I held out hope for an epic, which I would have dropped like a hot potato to get the next level token. Apparently it was not meant to be!
    there's always next time. if I'm still playing by then
  • ukgouki#7276 ukgouki Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    after 170 boxes on my main i opened my last 14 on one of my alts finally got 2 very rares so my main and alt got the red matter capacitors but overall i mainly got the uncommons. I did manage to upgrade nearly all my sets to ultra rare/epic though so cant really complain.
    one of my fleet mates bought over 1000 boxes he dropped 2 epic tokens. I done better with the unknown lockboxes I dropped 2 23c dreadnoughts kept 1 sold 1 and bought a t6 nx and finally got enough lobis for my kelvin timeline dreadnought.
    after 170 boxes on my main i opened my last 14 on one of my alts finally got 2 very rares so my main and alt got the red matter capacitors but overall i mainly got the uncommons. I did manage to upgrade nearly all my sets to ultra rare/epic though so cant really complain.
    one of my fleet mates bought over 1000 boxes he dropped 2 epic tokens. I done better with the unknown lockboxes I dropped 2 23c dreadnoughts kept 1 sold 1 and bought a t6 nx and finally got enough lobis for my kelvin timeline dreadnought.

I was quite shocked to get the 23c dreadnought pack upon opening less than twenty of those lock boxes as soon as they dropped on console. I've not felt the need to open any more and still have not activated any version of those ships. Sort of waiting to see which of my characters needs one the most?
    ugghhh I've opened soo many boxes never won a ship