test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mark Two Challenge

13»

Comments

• newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Good job. I wonder how this would have worked after the space balance coming in 12 days
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Well, I'll fiddle with my build a bit and try again tomorrow or so.

I was also wondering how this challenge would have turned out if I had used an engineer or science officer. I guess it would have been harder, but anyone who wants to try, please let me know how it goes!

Engineer post the 25th's patch should be pretty powerful, with the EPS whatsit now boosting max subsystem power, and buffed heals on top. Science still up in the air as to what it gets, but probably still won't put out as much as Tac or Eng can.

Leveling with FAW boats should be a lot harder with the Accuracy and damage penalties, particularly below rank III, but shifting to the buffed Beam Overload firing mode would probably make even beamboat leveling not that hard.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Is it a interesting idea to upgrade your gear to captain, mk VIII, level and do some test missions. I am very surprised with the fact that you have come that far on elite level. Did you also play some missions on normal level? You should have no problems there. At least it would be doable.

Fact is, do we need all the high end, mk XIV, epic stuff? I think not. Also, a fight should not take endlessly, but something that takes about a couple of minutes and ask you to take some clever decissions on position and using your abillities. That is far more interesting than the zerg fests we have now. Enemy ships show up, phoow, phoow, phoow, they are gone. I am talking about the final battles in the Badlands and the Undine/Voth zone.
  • seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I accept your wording and your testing.

Your gear is effectively Mark 4 or Mark 5. Gear quality is equivalent to a Mark upgrade. So while you're certainly behind the curve, you're not as behind as you may think, especially given modifiers via your own skills. I remember reading that Mark 10 used to be the top, then Mark 12, then 13 and 14 now.

It's something to think about. The HP's gone up, but the raw damage hasn't.
    This weekend I am leveling a new Romulan Tac in a Tier 1 ship with white common Mk zero gear. Only on normal. Will see how far I get before it becomes too much.
    I am at spin the wheel level 32 white common Mk zero gear no boosting consoles. Tier 1 t varo ship. Combat starting to get tedious. With only 3 bo powers things are tougher. I suspect passing level 40 missions in this ship with the games most basic ship and gear will be too much of a time waster.