test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phasers in the New Wallpers

f2e9a0de0775e6ed2e553f03d0b843cc1492720008.png

These phasers, I am ready Cryptic. Can I have them?

I would like those phaser rifles too MK 12

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    But... they're yellow/orange. Which means they're not blue :o

Why would you want them? :p
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Will these three be in the next mission? :open_mouth:

Science Lady & Lukari Lady could be there to tell us stuff ... and we all know why the guy in red is there.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Which phasers? The ground or space ones? The ground ones already exist, even if they're low mk and there is a couple of phaser dual cannons being blueish, already as well.

I still would like Kuumaarke's outfit... and Kuumaarke as a Boff as well.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Which phasers? The ground or space ones? The ground ones already exist, even if they're low mk and there is a couple of phaser dual cannons being blueish, already as well.

^ This
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I doubt Kuumaarke will be a Boff. That would be strange, having an important NPC from an episode as a crewmember.

I wonder if we'll see a Vesta in the next episode. Dax and the Aventine maybe?
    risian4 wrote: »
    Dax and the Aventine maybe?
    If so, there needs to be a "Captain Dax to all hands! Brace for impact!" somewhere. :smiley:

#TASforSTO
  • ufpdewolfeufpdewolfe Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    The hand phasers I mean. They are from Voyager I think.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    They are TNG style... but is it just me or does it look like they based it on the old toy that had the belt clip?
    stb3.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The phaser belt clip is taken from an old toy which makes the whole scene rather involuntary comical pig-2.gif

I concur, we need all those options in the tailor. But as in the other thread I ask here - why are the Lukari still loaning Starfleet tech instead of using their own technology?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    Quantium Fused Phaser, energy that capable of disabling targets' shield from regenerating for duration of effects.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I concur, we need all those options in the tailor. But as in the other thread I ask here - why are the Lukari still loaning Starfleet tech instead of using their own technology?​​
    Have you tried their apparatus weapon?
    It's OK for healing and damaging groups a bit but it does low damage to a single target anyway, so they're better with using a more efficient weapon. :P

#TASforSTO
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They are TNG style... but is it just me or does it look like they based it on the old toy that had the belt clip?
    stb3.jpg

you know I think I had one of those when I was little.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    wow, that shape on the bottom, yeah...

I'm surprised no one has commented on how the bad guys are apparently using Phaser rifles.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > wow, that shape on the bottom, yeah...
    >
    > I'm surprised no one has commented on how the bad guys are apparently using Phaser rifles.

Dont know about badguys but arent those omega force armor? One guy have a new helmet.
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
    The phaser belt clip is taken from an old toy which makes the whole scene rather involuntary comical pig-2.gif​​
    Well, technically, it's not a bad thing. While tactical officers seemed to have phaser holsters, other officers didn't seem to, but they had belts (and apparently no pockets, because in SciFi, either you have no pockets or way too many), so a belt clip is useful.

#TASforSTO
    nightken wrote: »
    stb3.jpg

you know I think I had one of those when I was little.

I STILL have one. And a Type 1, and a Tricorder, and a Medical Tricorder.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    i have a theory, there is few cases of "lost federation" ships vanished and may end in in the past, and those lukari started to have space travel ability, and discovered "relics" and begin to modified the phasers.
    Or they could be...

KENTARI PIRATES!

*shrug*
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    The artist must own one of those toys and thought it would be 'cool' to use it. Sadly, it is not.
    And why is not Kuumaarke using her own type of gun? She's got everything else in their uniform.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

There are some noticeable similarities between Kuumaarke's outfit and the Lukari Reputation ground set. Especially with the cables, chest, hands, and shoulder attachment. So it might be possible to get an outfit extremely close to her outfit.

eb0f3542c2dc5e06abd6c1c8aaca16fc1484688990.jpg

Might be able to get one of Kuumaarke's crewmembers as a Bridge Officer with Kuumaarke's outfit, but Kuumaarke is not available since she is a major player of the Lukari.

The artist must own one of those toys and thought it would be 'cool' to use it. Sadly, it is not.
    And why is not Kuumaarke using her own type of gun? She's got everything else in their uniform.

Probably didn't want to give her a Piezo Polaron pistol.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    The phaser belt clip is taken from an old toy which makes the whole scene rather involuntary comical pig-2.gif​​
    Well, technically, it's not a bad thing. While tactical officers seemed to have phaser holsters, other officers didn't seem to, but they had belts (and apparently no pockets, because in SciFi, either you have no pockets or way too many), so a belt clip is useful.

I think they'd just attach to one's belt or hip, no clips needed.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Nope. They had holsters.
    QwW0E.jpg
    Generally low profile, blend into the uniforms kind, kinda like modern iPhone belt holsters. Generally its TOS that had no holsters.
    18294021026_7c582c1de7_o.jpg

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Look at the bad guy lower right he looks lukari...i think were gonna be fighting the kentari soon O.o
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User

Nope. They had holsters.
    QwW0E.jpg
    Generally low profile, blend into the uniforms kind, kinda like modern iPhone belt holsters. Generally its TOS that had no holsters.
    18294021026_7c582c1de7_o.jpg

Always love the original TOS stuff - from the uniforms to the equipment somehow just looks so much cooler then anything that has been produced since or, have now.

P.S.

I wish they'd go back to the original color structure of Gold for Command and Red for Operations (Eng)
    Kirk out!
    hmkc wrote: »

I wish they'd go back to the original color structure of Gold for Command and Red for Operations (Eng)

Well... they did for Enterprise.
    pollENT.jpg
    And they're doing it again for the reboot movies.
    b164d0aa99039948c8a354a52a3c356d520a97e2.jpg

So in a way you already got your wish. They're probably gonna do the same colors for Discovery when that comes out too since its 10 or so years before TOS.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    except command was never gold, it was green - the TRIBBLE cameras of the time made the tunic look gold​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    ufpdewolfe wrote: »
    f2e9a0de0775e6ed2e553f03d0b843cc1492720008.png

These phasers, I am ready Cryptic. Can I have them?

I would like those phaser rifles too MK 12
    mor importantly, why is Starlord in the lower left corner?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    except command was never gold, it was green - the **** cameras of the time made the tunic look gold

True. The original command colour can still be seen with Kirk's wrap-around tunic - that's what Command was supposed to look like (the tunic had a different fabric and thus didn't suffer the optical illusion of turning "gold")​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    hmkc wrote: »

Well... they did for Enterprise.

And they're doing it again for the reboot movies.

So in a way you already got your wish. They're probably gonna do the same colors for Discovery when that comes out too since its 10 or so years before TOS.

Alternate Timeline films, Star Trek has never been rebooted.

And from what we've seen so far of DSC engineering is blue (a blue uniform with a Cage style engineering patch has been seen).

Also neither the Kelvin or Cage uniforms used the TOS colour scheme so DSC need't.
    except command was never gold, it was green - the **** cameras of the time made the tunic look gold

True. The original command colour can still be seen with Kirk's wrap-around tunic - that's what Command was supposed to look like (the tunic had a different fabric and thus didn't suffer the optical illusion of turning "gold")

The colour is canonically gold. Sisko says so in the Tribble episode.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!