test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - APRIL 18, 2017

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170412a.4

General:
  • New UI has been implemented to the PvE system.
    • Player can sort by reward on the left and then click the checkboxes on the right to select queues to join.
    • This is still a work in progress.
  • New login screen has been added.
  • Foundry: New tags for UGC Objects have been created for many TOS objects.

Systems:
  • Reputation System:
    • All Reputations now sort their projects in the same order.
    • Singularity Core Reputation projects are now only available to Romulan Captains.
    • Kit Modules Reputation Projects are now only available to captains of the correct profession.
    • The Dyson Reputation project "Turn in Commendations" now only appears if the player has commendations to turn in.
    • The Nukara Reputation projects to Register or Turn in old equipment now only appear if the player has that equipment.
    • All Reputation projects in the Upgrade tab now consistently appear in the following order:
      • Claim Tier # Reputation
      • Claim Sponsorship
      • Mark Turn-in
      • Elite Mark Turn-in
      • Begin Sponsorship Procedures.
  • The "Reward Cooldowns" UI now shows the Bonus Competitive Mark timer.
  • Added Consoles and Warp Core from T6 Tal Shiar Adapted ships to Reclaim Store.
  • Resolved an issue where the "Well Traveled" Unique Trait was using an incorrect icon.
  • The "Omega Weapons Amplifier" proc from the Omega Adapted Borg Technology set now lasts 5 seconds.
  • Resolved an issue where the "Continued Competitive Wargames Support (Hourly)" project at Tier V of the Competitive Wargames reputation incorrectly stated it rewarded a Competitive Wargames Requisition (Tier V).
    • It now correctly states that it rewards a Competitive Wargames Requisition (Tier IV)
  • Resolved an issue with the Competitive Wargames Reputation that would not let you queue a Daily reputation project behind another Daily reputation project.
  • Scattering Field:
    • Now grants All Damage Resistance Rating (instead of only Energy Damage Resistance Rating)
    • Now grants Bonus All Damage to allies in range, in addition to existing functionality.
  • Subnucleonic Beam:
    • In addition to existing functionality, also decreases the affected target's Outgoing Damage for the debuff's duration.
  • Resolved a number of issues related to how the damage of the Plasma Explosion from Embassy consoles increased as they were upgraded
    • Their damage now increases at the same rate that other stats on consoles increase
    • Their damage at MK XIV Gold is unchanged relative to their previous Tribble state
    • Their damage at all other points is increased relative to their previous Tribble state
    • This also resolves a bug where upgrading from MK XI UltraRare to MK XII Ultrarare or from MK X Gold to MK XI Gold would erroneously cause a decrease in damage
  • Go Down Fighting:
    • Go Down Fighting's damage buff now continuously adjusts to your current hitpoints while active
    • While active, you will be treated as being at 50% Hull or less at all times, even if your hitpoints rise above this threshold.
    • You must still be below 50% Hull capacity to activate this unless the "A Good Day to Die" trait is slotted
    • The damage buff amount has been changed:
      • Relative to the previous state, it is a higher buff at 50% Hull and a lower buff at 0% Hull
      • Relative to the live state, it is a lower buff at all points

Post edited by borticuscryptic on

Comments

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170412a.4

[*] Go Down Fighting:
    • Go Down Fighting's damage buff now continuously adjusts to your current hitpoints while active
    • While active, you will be treated as being at 50% Hull or less at all times, even if your hitpoints rise above this threshold.
    • You must still be below 50% Hull capacity to activate this unless the "A Good Day to Die" trait is slotted
      • Relative to the previous state, it is a higher buff at 50% Hull and a lower buff at 0% Hull
    [/list]

Combined with the other duration changes, this seems to have a reasonable functionality now. I'll be eager to test an opponent using this in this state.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Unless the buff state is ALOT lower, this sounds like GDF is getting buffed...because that is what this game needed :( .

The closer the Tac captain's hull gets to zero, the GDF buff gets progressively weaker than it's highest damage bonus, which is at 50% hull.

That is definitely not an overall buff.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Unless the buff state is ALOT lower, this sounds like GDF is getting buffed...because that is what this game needed :( .

It's actually a fairly significant nerf to GDF. The current optimal strategy on Holodeck is to drop your hull extremely low (as close to 0% as you can manage), activate GDF for the maximum damage bonus, and then heal up and enjoy the full GDF bonus regardless of health.

With this change, you have to remain at low health to keep the maximum damage bonus, which greatly increases the risk of using it.​​
  • adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2017

that's exactly what it needs in the new era of tanks, more buff to gdf to compensate the out of control heals and buff to eng and res

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    adz006 wrote: »

that's exactly what it needs in the new era of tanks, more buff to gdf to compensate the out of control heals and buff to eng and res

That's not a buff. It's reading that the buff will be higher at your higher hull levels. so it completely flips the ability on its head. If you want the full buff from how that's reading, you'll want to keep your hull around 50% and no lower. So bye bye 0% GDF. As for tanks and tanking, we've always been around, only now with so much of the cheese disappearing there won't be so many fake tanks out there.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2017
    The GDF buff is still highest at ~0% Hull. Any interpretation to the contrary is incorrect.

Editing for further clarification:

This note: "Relative to the previous state, it is a higher buff at 50% Hull and a lower buff at 0% Hull"

Should be read as: "Relative to the previous state, it is a higher buff at 50% Hull than it was before this patch, and a lower buff at 0% Hull than it was before this patch."

Not relative to one another, but rather relative to its previous values.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    That's not a buff. It's reading that the buff will be higher at your higher hull levels. so it completely flips the ability on its head. If you want the full buff from how that's reading, you'll want to keep your hull around 50% and no lower. So bye bye 0% GDF. As for tanks and tanking, we've always been around, only now with so much of the cheese disappearing there won't be so many fake tanks out there.

This is an incorrect understanding of this change.
    • Go Down Fighting:

On the live servers, the damage buff is directly proportional to missing health; Go Down Fighting 3 activated at 50% health gives a buff of 66.4% Bonus All Damage, or 107.9% if activated at 0% health.

Prior to this patch, Go Down Fighting's damage buff was proportional to missing health squared; Go Down Fighting 3 activated at 50% health gave a buff of 37.5% Bonus All Damage, and gave a buff of 150% if activated at 0%.

As of this patch, Go Down Fighting 3's damage buff is once again linear - it gives you 50% Bonus All Damage while it is active and you are at 50% health or higher, and 100% Bonus All Damage if it is active and you are at 0% health. Because 50% is more than 37.5%, it is a higher buff than the previous state at 50% hull, and because 100% is less than 150%, the buff is lower at 0% hull. The live server patchnotes will only be relative to the live state, and will not have this extra state to compare against; 50% is less than 66.4%, and 100% is less than 107.9%; so the patchnotes will not have to do multi-point comparison.

It's actually a fairly significant nerf to GDF. The current optimal strategy on Holodeck is to drop your hull extremely low (as close to 0% as you can manage), activate GDF for the maximum damage bonus, and then heal up and enjoy the full GDF bonus regardless of health.

With this change, you have to remain at low health to keep the maximum damage bonus, which greatly increases the risk of using it.​​

This is an accurate summary of what players will have to do to obtain the maximum damage bonus in the current Tribble state. Lower hull continues to give a larger buff.
  • antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    So Sci Captain´s are still Doomend on there Sci Boff Abilitys?`So no push on GW3,SSV or anything else?

But hey its OK give the Tac there Dps back :/
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Borticus, Spartan, if you still need a way of implementing Deflector Overcharge in some way, drop Photonic Officer. I dont know any captain who uses it these days considering how old it is, or you could add DO's functionality to PO with some tweaks to make it more useful? Just a suggestion.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @crypticspartan#0627 @borticuscryptic

I am overall pleased particularly with science scattering field which I assume can buff the dps of photonic fleet ships and hangar pets when they're within range? Good bonus to all dmg resistance is nice too.

Subnucleonic beam will be a great skill to use against bosses now that it debuffs outgoing enemy dmg.

Bit confused about Go Down Fighting. Whilst I'm pleased that it finally scales with health whilst the ability is active, does using A Good Day to Die trait mean that all gdf bonuses are halved now so 25% bonus dmg at 100%-50% health scaling upto 50% bonus dmg at 50%-0% health?

The current description on STO wiki says otherwise, such as no more than as much dmg bonus as you would get at 50% health. Will this trait drawback now change?
    Deflector Overcharge was created as an attempt to solve a problem which we've decided to try and address in a different way. It may never, ever return. And we're OK with that.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    redwren89 wrote: »
    Bit confused about Go Down Fighting. Whilst I'm pleased that it finally scales with health whilst the ability is active, does using A Good Day to Die trait mean that all gdf bonuses are halved now so 25% bonus dmg at 100%-50% health scaling upto 50% bonus dmg at 50%-0% health?

All that "A Good Day To Die" does now is allow the ability to be activated while >50% Hull capacity. The ability itself will always adjust to your current Hull%, or 50%, whichever is less at any point in time.

I can't really comment on what the wiki says, but that's the current functionality. Remember that the wiki is maintained by players like yourself, not Cryptic.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    Deflector Overcharge was created as an attempt to solve a problem which we've decided to try and address in a different way. It may never, ever return. And we're OK with that.

On behalf of all sci's who drain, control, placate, and debuff, we thank you for going back on DO, and keeping Sub Nuke, and making Sub Nuke a dam debuff as well.

And if it " It may never, ever return"

We are okay with this to

"Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • furyan#5289 furyan Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm on Tribble testing GDF, and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. When I use it and scroll over my ship weapons tray to look at the tooltip, it shows no increase in damage at all.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    The buffs to Subnuke and Scattering Field are appreciated.

Does the Damage buff to Scattering Field affect yourself, or only all allies around you? Does that include hangar pets and non-hangar pets?​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    hajmyis wrote: »

On behalf of all sci's who drain, control, placate, and debuff, we thank you for going back on DO, and keeping Sub Nuke, and making Sub Nuke a dam debuff as well.

We are okay with this to

Speak for yourself. I'm an EPG Science captain with a devastating build that was even more devastating with DO. Whatever they have in mind I'm welcome to.
    iconians wrote: »
    Does the Damage buff to Scattering Field affect yourself, or only all allies around you? Does that include hangar pets and non-hangar pets?​​

It includes yourself.

Unless you happen to not be your own ally. But then you may have bigger problems to worry about. ;)
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Would @borticuscryptic consider locking out immunities while GDF is active in PvP and an active immunity process locking out GDF for duration?
    Immunities are a massive pain to deal with with no real price to pay for using them. They allow for builds focused purely on attack and be tanky at the same time (a pilot ship being able to out-tank an English in a cruiser). That's a serious problem for anyone who doesn't use them or anyone who doesn't focus solely on defence or attack.

This needs to be addressed if you want more people playing the CPvEvP queues, doing PvP full stop and investing more money into the game during this risky revamp/re-balance, especially knowing what the majority and louder playbase think and feel about competition and PvP.

PvP attracts people in general but fair play attracts even more.
    hajmyis wrote: »

We are okay with this to

Speak for yourself. I'm an EPG Science captain with a devastating build that was even more devastating with DO. Whatever they have in mind I'm welcome to.

That is why i said "drain, control, placate, and debuff", and not EPG, you know that science stuff thats in the game
    The gameplay challenges associated with Damage Immunity are not directly related to GDF. The two interact, for certain. But our focus needs to be on figuring out the best way to address the situation as a whole, rather than tuning individual abilities around it. At least for now.

We've already made changes to Damage Immunities in recent patches, including introducing a mutual lockout period when any of them trigger. We are keeping an eye on how those changes may alter the game.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited April 2017
    [Reaction to a moderated post removed]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    edited April 2017
    iconians wrote: »
    Does the Damage buff to Scattering Field affect yourself, or only all allies around you? Does that include hangar pets and non-hangar pets?

It includes yourself.

Unless you happen to not be your own ally. But then you may have bigger problems to worry about. ;)

It's entirely possible I'm my own worst enemy.

I ask because there are game mechanics which do affect allies (but not self), or it affects allies except for hangar pets and non-hangar pets.

I was assuming it affected yourself and your pets as well, but you know what they say about assuming.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »

The closer the Tac captain's hull gets to zero, the GDF buff gets progressively weaker than it's highest damage bonus, which is at 50% hull.

That is definitely not an overall buff.

Not quite how it's phrased...the highest buff is still at the lowest hull, it's just that that ceiling has been brought down. A 0% gdf on holodeck is, what, 150%? As I read the notes, what this means is that that goes down and the minimum goes up from the 37.5% currently on Tribble, i.e. the range is tightened.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User

Eng out of control? Not sure I've ever heard that claim before in more than 5 years.
    edited April 2017
    tobiashirt wrote: »

Eng out of control? Not sure I've ever heard that claim before in more than 5 years.

With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • furyan#5289 furyan Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    There isn't any downside to a ship that can dodge 90% of damage due to super fast speeds, that can continue to stay alive when its hull is at 0 if you manage to catch it or stop it, and that can deal massive damage with APA and GDF. If you guys don't think locking out GDF when using Immunities like invincible is a good idea. Maybe you guys could consider making a player's accuracy inversely proportional to a player's speed. The faster a player goes the lower their accuracy gets. It should be just as hard for a player moving at high speed to hit a slower target as it is for a player at low speed to hit a faster target.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Change to Scattering Field looks really nice.
    Does the dmg buff stack? I.e. if I and my teammate both activate it, does everyone in range get dmg buff x2?
  • sixoftwelvesixoftwelve Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    In tribble server, Subnucleonic Beam: Existing effect + Dmg debuff (-75% All Dmg for 30 sec).
    Scattering Field: ALL Dmg Res Bonus + 21.2% all dmg bonus for 30 sec (at AUX 78).

I'm so appreciated to your effort. :wink:
    But still some people talk about Deflector Overcharge.
    If Photonic Officer is really rarely used, I may have some suggestions.

1) How about making Deflector Overcharge as Boff skill, instead of Photonic Officer?
    Cooldown = 90 sec.
    Deflector Overcharge I (Lt) = +15% Exotic dmg/Outgoing Shield Heal, +15 CtrlX/DrainX for 15 sec
    Deflector Overcharge II (Lt. Cmdr.) = +17.5% Exotic dmg/Outgoing Shield Heal, +17.5 CtrlX/DrainX for 15 sec
    Deflector Overcharge III (Cmdr) = +20% Exotic dmg/Outgoing Shield Heal, +20 CtrlX/DrainX for 15 sec
    *+50% bonus if your character is science career.

2) How about buffing the trait "Conservation of Energy" more useful for science career officer, with keeping Photonic Officer skill ?
    Currently, Conservation of Energy gives +10% Exotic dmg when hit by energy weapons, for 15 sec, up to 3 stacks. In addition to existing buff,
    * +5% Outgoing Shield Heal for 15 sec up to 3 stacks, when hit by Energy Weapons.
    * +2.5 All Power to Subsystems for 15 sec up to 3 stacks, when hit by Energy Weapons.
    Post edited by sixoftwelve on