test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interview with Cosplay Melee's Becka Noel

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Cosplayer Becka Noel made an STO inspired cosplay on the show Cosplay Melee last week, and we chatted with her about her cosplay roots, her time in STO, and what it was like to be on the show!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10467713-interview-with-cosplay-melee's-becka-noel

Comments

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Huh, not the type of blog post I'd expect to see, but cool? Are you planning on making her STO's mascot or something? I'd have no complaints :P

Good to know the costume is actually based on the Inconians. When you guys posted it on Facebook last week I was like "Sure I kinda see it, but are they sure it has to do with STO?" Thought you guys posted just a random picture.
    Wut? What? Ok.......

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Wish I had cable now
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I... uhm... don't get it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I watched that show. She made a character she said was based on STO. It's a very confusing character that's purely her own creation, though it sort of looks Iconian. The challenge was to make something that was supposed to be built into your body for a character from a video game. She should have done a borg. I think the judges were confused by her costume and maybe felt stupid for not knowing what it was (which was an impossibility). Still she made it past the first round and seemed to have a good time.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Now I know why she lost; Iconians!

Lol, always wanted to say that.

She should have made the device a lot smaller, but I understand now with the Iconian reference.
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    She nailed it in my opinion.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Bleh. I assume PWE got some $ to promote something.
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I will assume that a developer is a fan or friend of this person.

I also enjoy watching the fast food restaurant brawls on the various social media sites.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This doesn't do me any good considering when I warp out the ship doesn't actually warp out.

This also doesn't help the issue I have with my torpedoes not firing their spread mode after pressing the spread button and it dims like it's ready to fire them once I hit the torpedo button yet only one torpedo launches like a normal fire and the cool down goes.

This also doesn't help that the game just flat out drops like it ran out of memory and I'm at my desktop. Yet I have 32 gigs ram with little else loaded at the time.

This also doesn't help how some emotes like the tonic to go don't work like they used to almost as if the animation was cut in half.

This also doesn't help when I change ships and my saved layout with the newly selected ship doesn't load properly and my tray is all empty.

This also doesn't tell me why I'm stuck at 31 skill points for specializations and I don't get anymore when i level up. The up side of this is when you release a new specialization tree I'll have 31 points to dump in to it right away I guess.

This also doesn't help the fact that a NEW lighting system causes a downgrade on the environment by forcing day/night cycles in some planets to be completely gone now.

Nice that someone is enjoying a pretty girl dressing up, shame my game isn't fixed by said pretty girl. But hey! Pretty girl right? Honestly how do you expect people to spend money on Zen or on line store items if the game continues to get more buggy and less enjoyable/playable as time goes on?
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    @nimbull These things you mention have nothing in common. Frustration is understandable, confusion about this news is understandable (in addition, if nobody would claim that this costume was somehow "inspired by" STOs Iconians I wouldn't see any similiarity. At all.) but stay fair - promotion and bug fixing have nothing to do with each other.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    This also doesn't help that the game just flat out drops like it ran out of memory and I'm at my desktop. Yet I have 32 gigs ram with little else loaded at the time.

and in addition to what the targ said above, this is entirely YOUR fault

i have half that amount of RAM, shitloads of programs running in the background and sometimes even another GAME running at the same time and i have NEVER had STO terminate on me; it's an issue with your specific hardware combination and/or software installed/not installed, not anything on their end

hell, it could even be something as simple as a firewall interfering or a program running when it isn't supposed to, like a virus scan​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    This doesn't do me any good considering when I warp out the ship doesn't actually warp out.

This also doesn't help the issue I have with my torpedoes not firing their spread mode after pressing the spread button and it dims like it's ready to fire them once I hit the torpedo button yet only one torpedo launches like a normal fire and the cool down goes.

This also doesn't help how some emotes like the tonic to go don't work like they used to almost as if the animation was cut in half.

This also doesn't help when I change ships and my saved layout with the newly selected ship doesn't load properly and my tray is all empty.

This also doesn't tell me why I'm stuck at 31 skill points for specializations and I don't get anymore when i level up. The up side of this is when you release a new specialization tree I'll have 31 points to dump in to it right away I guess.

This also doesn't help the fact that a NEW lighting system causes a downgrade on the environment by forcing day/night cycles in some planets to be completely gone now.

Nice that someone is enjoying a pretty girl dressing up, shame my game isn't fixed by said pretty girl. But hey! Pretty girl right? Honestly how do you expect people to spend money on Zen or on line store items if the game continues to get more buggy and less enjoyable/playable as time goes on?

Ya, what @angrytarg said. The people writing the blog posts and running the social media side of things do NOT work on the game in any way. These guys are doing their job, and the people fixing bugs are doing theirs...mostly. Complaining here is going to accomplish anything.

and in addition to what the targ said above, this is entirely YOUR fault

i have half that amount of RAM, shitloads of programs running in the background and sometimes even another GAME running at the same time and i have NEVER had STO terminate on me; it's an issue with your specific hardware combination and/or software installed/not installed, not anything on their end

hell, it could even be something as simple as a firewall interfering or a program running when it isn't supposed to, like a virus scan​​

I highly doubt that since STO is the only game that does this to me and I've observed it's memory usage grow in the task manager as time goes on.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    all cryptic's games do that; i still never had any crashing issues with either STO or NWO due to low memory even back when i had only 4 GB RAM...CO, on the other hand...they have a day 0 memory leak that has yet to be fixed to this day​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Good read. Additional thanks for having a transcription.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Nice that someone is enjoying a pretty girl dressing up, shame my game isn't fixed by said pretty girl. But hey! Pretty girl right?

Knowing someone is happy is good for all of us. Now how about a guy sto cosplay.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Crickets.jpg
    These shows are why I've stopped watching the SciFi channel. And no, I won't call it "see fee" for some new age hip BS.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    At most that is reminiscent of Herald costumes, a bit.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    aruk1975aruk1975 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So,why not just a video!