test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I haven't played this game for years and when will be the next Phoenix lockbox?

I haven't played this game STO for years due to lack of content, and more emphasis on lockbox. Since I have been missing a lot on events, I heard Phoenix lockbox will have an opportunity people like me to obtain past events prizes like ships and stuff. May I know when will the next Phoenix event take place? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    I assume you mean the phoenix prize pack:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Phoenix_Prize_Pack

The event has only been here twice, but there was 3 months between the events so the best guess at this time is the first week of June 2017.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    kelthuzad#7031 kelthuzad Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Yes, Phoenix prize pack. Okay, thank you for the info.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    yeah, I agree, late May early June is likely. Risa is now first week of June, so probably around then. I hope that they can add some new items then.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    We should have an infinity lockbox first right?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    You just missed Phoenix boxes too. If this season follows suit with every other season.. we will have infinity boxes beginning this week going through till the 25th when the new box drops with the season.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    We should have an infinity lockbox first right?

Infinty box should be within the the next week i'd guess. New lockbox is normally added with new seasons and the infinty box precedes that by a week or so. New season is on the 25th April.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    What are the odds that the T6 Connie from the R&D pack will be there?
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    curme wrote: »
    What are the odds that the T6 Connie from the R&D pack will be there?

Basically zero odds. That's for both Phoenix pack and Infinity box. As a current-tier promo pack ship, the T6 Constitution will probably only appear in an Infinity Promo pack deal in the future.
    Summer event probably

I'd bet around first week of June. That's about when we'll hit 40 days after the new season, and those who are diligent will be reaping the dilithium rewards from completing the new reputation.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This Thursday for new Infinity Lockbox most probably. No idea when the Infinity R&D Promotion. The last one already included the T6 TOS Constitution.

You will never get it available in the Phoenix Prize Pack. The only possibility of that would be if they introduced T7 Ships and T6 became 'obsolete'. At that point it would probably be lights out for many anyway.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rotten0123rotten0123 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I've also been away many yrs. but the lock-box's are just a money grab. I don't see point if gotta buy the key's to unlock them hence money grab. I should say have to pay real money to get zen to buy key's.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    rotten0123 wrote: »
    I've also been away many yrs. but the lock-box's are just a money grab. I don't see point if gotta buy the key's to unlock them hence money grab. I should say have to pay real money to get zen to buy key's.

Then don't buy keys. Players are not required to open lock boxes. While Cryptic may dangle lock boxes and other things from the C-Store in front of your face, you are not obligated to purchase them.

I have a secondary STO account that is free to play only. No real money spent. The only things purchased from the C-Store are the EC Cap Remover and 300 Doff slots (100 slots for each of my 3 captains). They were purchased with Zen I got through the Dil Exchange so no real money spent. While my max level captains have all of the free T6 event ships since the 2016 Anniversary Event, they all still fly the free T5 ship selected at level 40.

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    It is funny OP, the phoenix box is the reason I am in Vacation from STO. Glad it brought you back.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Phoenix is a great way to lower the dil prices on the dil/zen exchange. so next time it gets 'too high' it'd probably come back. ;)