test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let us use party poppers from inventory like toy rockets

warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
It's nice to see the first contact day toy rockets are usable from inventory, so we don't have to switch out our combat devices every time to launch one. I'd like to see this feature extended to the anniversary party poppers as well.

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    all vanity devices should be usable from the inventory​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I whole heartedly agree!
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Yes, pets are that way too, so why not the rest of the vanity stuff?​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So that if you are going to grief at least you have to put some effort into it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    So that if you are going to grief at least you have to put some effort into it.

It's only my opinion, but i always had a hard time envisioning the use of those gadgets as true, actively disruptive griefing... I mean, it's not like using a party popper or having a dancing ball popped over your head is going to kill off your char, ruin your costume, or steal stuff/currencies from your inventory.

I do admit it can be a moderate nuisance for roleplayers, though. But as far as roleplay goes, i personally engage into it while in private instances anyway.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    As long as they are fixing these to use from inventory like the rest, it would be a good opportunity to adjust them to just effect the user.

Party on Garth.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They don't "affect" anyone.