test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risawear

Comments

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    So it's okay for kids to see miles of female flesh but not male flesh? Fair enough...I guess.

Do we want to see this?

15998106.jpg

tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I've seen a Klingon in a speedo already on Risa. He had nice..... ridges and ducked while I tossed large objects at him as he read poetry.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well said, meow. I'm a fat old prude now myself but this was not always so.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Bikini bottoms for guys? I guess you haven't been to any beach in Maine when the Québécois are around. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    So it's okay for kids to see miles of female flesh but not male flesh? Fair enough...I guess.

Do we want to see this?

15998106.jpg

That's actually not too bad ;)

Not that I'm any beach-bunny. Not at 57. And the husband has his own bit of gut, but I love him just as much now as I did when I married his beanpole self in 1978.

Believe me. I could care less about looks, even so-called 'ugly', fugly, whatever.

I'd just like to see more skimpy male clothing for us players who want to dress our males that way.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Oh, and thank you all for a very engaging thread, so far. And for keeping it relatively on topic and respectful. I really appreciate it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It is all about gender equality. If men have the right to see scantily clad female characters in video games, then women should have the right to see scantily clad male characters in video games. I think we have evolved enough as a society that gaming is no longer restricted to males and should cater to both males and females.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    It is all about gender equality. If men have the right to see scantily clad female characters in video games, then women should have the right to see scantily clad male characters in video games. I think we have evolved enough as a society that gaming is no longer restricted to males and should cater to both males and females.

There are also females who like to look at females, just saying pig-3.gif - No, seriously this is not about the "right to look at scantily clad whatevers". After all, you don't primarily dress short or in swim wear so other people can look at you, you dress in a way you/your character would feel comfortable in the situation and because western culture is a product of almost unbearable religious prudery but it's also a patriarchy we have this weird double standard and also so many repressing, unrealistic expectations to random people, especially women, who already get so much nonsens hammered into them before they even grow any body hair they could shave off. STO depicting a world of Star Trek should be beyond that but as a video game it of course has to face the same prudery but also societal expectations than any other thing in the real world. Remember the storm of artificial outrage that showed the communities true colours back when "House of Pegh" was released? Kudos to Cryptic they did not remove any content in reaction to this. The same would happen if clothing options were more liberal.
    We all know the gorn would end up breaking their speedos.... (...)

So what? You wouldn't see anything. Lizards don't have external genitalia pig-3.gif
    If we were being true to Roddenberry's vision, Risa would be clothing optional. But this is America, where bodies and natural, healthy biological functions are anathema but war and murder and genocide are A-OK!

pig-23.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    (...)
    Sometimes I think the best thing that could happen to Trek is to get a low budget but high writing standard hard-R cable show where Roddenberry's radical progressive vision could be seen on screen and the bland network syndication milktoast stuff is jettisoned.(...)

Whenever Star Trek (any incarnation) touched upon the topic of sexuality (and basically every incarnation of the show did this, it is a topic baked into the franchise) they always did it in such a painful prude way like little kids giggling and blushing on a school yard when someone said "TRIBBLE" it's staggering, but was necessary to follow those weird American television guidelines that I as a European do not even understand - why are there words you can't say for example, and what exactly happens if you do? Isn't television privately owned and censorship non existant? Anyway, just because you can show adult topics and imagery doesn't necessarily mean you deal with it maturely. If that would happen it'd require an excellent writing staff and no consideration for ratings of any kind. It'd have to be a independent Netflix production or something like this.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (...)
    Sometimes I think the best thing that could happen to Trek is to get a low budget but high writing standard hard-R cable show where Roddenberry's radical progressive vision could be seen on screen and the bland network syndication milktoast stuff is jettisoned.(...)

Whenever Star Trek (any incarnation) touched upon the topic of sexuality (and basically every incarnation of the show did this, it is a topic baked into the franchise) they always did it in such a painful prude way like little kids giggling and blushing on a school yard when someone said "****" it's staggering, but was necessary to follow those weird American television guidelines that I as a European do not even understand - why are there words you can't say for example, and what exactly happens if you do? Isn't television privately owned and censorship non existant? Anyway, just because you can show adult topics and imagery doesn't necessarily mean you deal with it maturely. If that would happen it'd require an excellent writing staff and no consideration for ratings of any kind. It'd have to be a independent Netflix production or something like this.​​

Discovery has the possibility of being more risque. After all, TOS was pretty enlightened considering all the TOS costumes and Kirk's behaviour. It might be revealed that Kirk was a prude compared to some of the people in Discovery.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Discovery has the possibility of being more risque. After all, TOS was pretty enlightened considering all the TOS costumes and Kirk's behaviour. It might be revealed that Kirk was a prude compared to some of the people in Discovery.

Yes and no. It's distributed via Netflix (worldwide) but it's still a CBS show. And considering CBS is the prime example of network television dinosaurs and I am almost certain (might be wrong, though) that no one at CBS even comprehends the differnce between streaming and TV. But even if that wouldn't be the case, I have little hopes that DSC would utilize adult topics in a mature way - we're in a state where sex still sells and "adult television" means showing unnecessary long softcore scenes of actors clinging to each other. While I would advocate uncensored casual nudity because it is just natural, drawn out hump scenes don't really serve a purpose besides being drawn out hump scenes. Sure, you get in people's heads with it but I'd hate to see DSC confusing maturity with unnecessary softcore scenes, especially given that their screen time is severly limited with 13 episodes.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    Really? I'll have to look into the summer store when I'm next in game. Less restrictions always good.

I actually made a decent Lara Croft cosplay that way. Used to be able to use the Enterprise boots too which were perfect, but now they aren't available for some reason in off duty.

I did something similar KDF side.

MHU29dH.jpg
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    [quote="dracounguis;13194147"]

Can't wait to see the 'package' slider at the tailor...
    [/quote]
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    #Risa2017

borat_cannes_2.jpg
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    A line I never thought I'd hear ANYONE say, much less Dr. Crusher: "Last night I fell asleep after reading a particularly erotic chapter of my grandmothers journal..."

LOL!!!!!!!

I don't think Star Trek Online is ever going to allow characters full Nudity.
    All the enlightened sexual chatter aside (And in my city of Toronto, where Star Trek Discovery is being filmed, we have many nude beaches and areas. We are an enlightened society!) It is simply pointless to put nudity in a star trek game.
    What would that accomplish? It would change the nature of the game and make it a bit pervy and strange. Go to any virtual worlds simulation where nudity exists and people are having simulated intercourse. It is a slipper slope! (no pun intended.)

My point here is: The female toons are highly sexualized. They have beautiful clothing and many options.
    The men mostly look the same and flat below the belt. Even DC Universe made it's males a little more realistic in recent years.

I wish I could post pictures but it never ever works for me when I try, I'd show you all the cool/interesting speedos in star trek.
    Star Trek Canonically has always celebrated men and male physique equally to women. The men in speedos may not have had as much screen time, as frankly they were wearing far less than even Leeta!!!!! And I think too much of a good thing gets boring, it was always eye catching to see a hot fit guy wearing almost nothing show up on screen!
    Jadzia waltzes out with TWO hot guys in speedos one on each of her arms, that's when I fell in love with Dax!- haha

I've actually wanted better Risa wear for years now.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    they're going to have to add speedos and banana hammocks sooner or later...they're kind of running out of things to give males

i mean, they could keep adding variations of the already-released swim trunks/wetsuits, but that gets stale after a while - people want new TRIBBLE, not rehashed old TRIBBLE (and that applies to the rest of the game, too)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Since "risawear" is still map-restricted (read: useless) I couldn't care less.

Never gonna buy any clothes I can't use freely.

I recently discovered that a few of the female tops have become unlocked as Off Duty wear. Mini-T, Criss-cross, Sling bikini, Retro, if I recall right. Off-Duty also includes sandals and bare feet. Combined with the Mirror Terran shorts, it's not that different from the full beachwear, without any tailor exploits.
    Well, looks like the boxes still say swimwear section only, map restricted. I don't suppose you have screenshot of them being in off-duty?
    Well, looks like the boxes still say swimwear section only, map restricted. I don't suppose you have screenshot of them being in off-duty?

zv3Okby.png

Someone just logged on when I took the screenshot, but I think it's sufficient.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    huijian wrote: »
    #Risa2017

borat_cannes_2.jpg
    Sure, why not? The 'important stuff' is covered.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I am kind of curious what we'll get this year. They started doing crazy TOS Theiss-wear last year with the Retro & K-13 jumpsuit, but there's not much more in that category that seems "swimwear" - it's mostly gowns/dresses & moar jumpsuits. Or odd materials like the furry bunny outfits from that shore leave episode.

(I wouldn't mind seeing them do an improvement pass - the older suits could use more color options & details, like gradients or colored straps/trim. But that wouldn't be "new" stuff, unless they sold them as [T6] versions ;) )
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

zv3Okby.png

Someone just logged on when I took the screenshot, but I think it's sufficient.​​
    Yes. That's at least two more outfit pieces I can get. It's too bad this info is not anywhere in the game.

BTW, what is "Exo III Bare?"

zv3Okby.png

Yes. That's at least two more outfit pieces I can get. It's too bad this info is not anywhere in the game.

BTW, what is "Exo III Bare?"

It is the outfit that the Andrea Bridge Officer from the K-13 Fleet Holding wears. Available from the tailor at the Tier 3 K-13 Station.

052b3714640bfd8ef4e4fb90e3ea3c91.jpg
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Borat is looking good there.

Dudes need that fashion.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I want a silk shoulder robe.

[img][/img]2urafEt.jpg
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited April 2017
    I want a silk shoulder robe.

[img][/img]2urafEt.jpg

With the sandals! And the headwear!

Oh, I like that!
    Now a LTS and loving it.