test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risawear

echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
We've had teeny bikinis for the ladies for a long time. When are we gonna get Speedos for the guys?

While this is being posted as lighthearted and fun, it would be equally lighthearted and fun if it were so.

Thoughts?
Now a LTS and loving it.
Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D

Comments

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    There are kids who play STO. We definitely DO NOT want to scare them away with too much man-flesh running around Risa.

;)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    So it's okay for kids to see miles of female flesh but not male flesh? Fair enough...I guess.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Lol, society is funny that way. Men's shorts are longer now than they were 20 years ago, while women's (probably their clothing in general) are shorter.

Guys used to wear half-shirts back in the 70s and 80s. Today, women wear cropped tops and guys don't.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    TBH, it won't break my heart if they don't make the equivalent of the bikini bottom for guys. I just think it might make things more interesting and equal for the Risa event if the ladies could see their guys in something that just covered the bare 'essentials' ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited April 2017
    Yup, definitely agree. I personally don't want to see guys in speedos, but I am sure the females who play would.

But I can tell you that in Champions Online, guys can wear their underwear on the outside... it's a superhero thing.

Back in the days when I still played the Marvel PnP RPG, that would be our phrase to get together and game... "time to wear our underwear on the outside!"

Ahh, the good old days...
    Oh I understand about guys seeing other guys in nothing more than a bikini bottom. LOL

It's the same for me, a gal, who doesn't really enjoy seeing a sea of female skin, though I do put some of my females in bikinis.

I just want females to have the privilege of dressing their male toons like male players dress their female toons.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    We've had teeny bikinis for the ladies for a long time. When are we gonna get Speedos for the guys?

While this is being posted as lighthearted and fun, it would be equally lighthearted and fun if it were so.

Thoughts?

Only if its for gorns only lol

Gorns in speedos xD
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Thoughts?

gorn in bananna hammocks... what could possibly go wrong
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    The bottoms for the retro swimsuit are pretty tiny and can be used without the BDSM top.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

Thoughts?

Can't wait to see the 'package' slider at the tailor...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    If we were being true to Roddenberry's vision, Risa would be clothing optional. But this is America, where bodies and natural, healthy biological functions are anathema but war and murder and genocide are A-OK!

Have you seen the average American lately? God Bless clothing!
    Naked to genocide in 2 sentences... you got a black-belt in outrageology? :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Male fashion has certainly become more prudish in the last 20 years.

bill-and-ted-crop-top.jpg

will-smith-crop-top-fresh-prince.png

On second thought, maybe that is a good thing.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    How bout' Nude Beach Risa ?
    We all know Risa has nude beaches.

Let's get rid of these silly clothes that divide us. And come together. *groan*
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    If we were being true to Roddenberry's vision, Risa would be clothing optional. But this is America, where bodies and natural, healthy biological functions are anathema but war and murder and genocide are A-OK!

Have you seen the average American lately? God Bless clothing!
    Naked to genocide in 2 sentences... you got a black-belt in outrageology? :D

Maybe if they saw each other naked regularly it would help motivate some weight loss. I mean, putting pictures of decayed lungs on cigarette packs seems to be working.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    starkaos wrote: »
    Male fashion has certainly become more prudish in the last 20 years.

bill-and-ted-crop-top.jpg

will-smith-crop-top-fresh-prince.png

On second thought, maybe that is a good thing.

I disagree, we're slippin as a society *smh
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'd be afraid of seeing GORN wearing them more than anything.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    How bout' Nude Beach Risa ?
    We all know Risa has nude beaches.

Let's get rid of these silly clothes that divide us. And come together. *groan*

I would be fine with that. I have a character who wouldn't mind being bare, not to mention Betazoids are canonically approved nudists anyway.

But full monty or not, I'd really like options for body hair for males and females. I always laugh seeing those hairless plastic doll bodies - just because it is some misguided beauty ideal in our present time to try hard and look like prepubescent children, in the future and especially with alien races I doubt everyone would shave and wax for a trip to Risa.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    @reyan01 It did indeed change. The dancer is still there but he wears more than "back in the day" while the female dancers didn't change. I'm wondering who felt so uncomfortable amongst the Cryptic staff... pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Since "risawear" is still map-restricted (read: useless) I couldn't care less.

Never gonna buy any clothes I can't use freely.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    warpangel wrote: »

I recently discovered that a few of the female tops have become unlocked as Off Duty wear. Mini-T, Criss-cross, Sling bikini, Retro, if I recall right. Off-Duty also includes sandals and bare feet. Combined with the Mirror Terran shorts, it's not that different from the full beachwear, without any tailor exploits.

...it's a bit odd, trying to follow the changes that get made re:outfit categories & uses. (Parts of the Herald Thrall outfit migrated to the general "tight" uniform categories as well.)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

I recently discovered that a few of the female tops have become unlocked as Off Duty wear. Mini-T, Criss-cross, Sling bikini, Retro, if I recall right. Off-Duty also includes sandals and bare feet. Combined with the Mirror Terran shorts, it's not that different from the full beachwear, without any tailor exploits.
    Really? I'll have to look into the summer store when I'm next in game. Less restrictions always good.

It's just too bad the mirror Terran shorts aren't allowed for me, either. And the beachcomber shorts have a crappy palette.
    ...it's a bit odd, trying to follow the changes that get made re:outfit categories & uses. (Parts of the Herald Thrall outfit migrated to the general "tight" uniform categories as well.)
    You can say that again. Never seems to make it to patch notes or anything. I wish they'd just unlock everything like in CO.
    kiralyn wrote: »

The swim wear tops are part of off-duty since 2015 or so pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    So it's okay for kids to see miles of female flesh but not male flesh? Fair enough...I guess.

The reality is: Star trek has ALWAYS had speedo clad guys. See: TNG episode: "Captains Holiday", Picard wears a speedo ON RISA- and a Risean man-servant in the background can be seen in a speedo too.

In DS9 see Dax & Kira in the Holosuite, the two trill men Jadzia is walking with are in speedos with the sides cut out showing A LOT Of skin! (and even a straight guy can appreciate these boys were good looking!)

In Voyager Torres in Neelix's holodeck resort walks by with a hologram of a windsurfer and he's in a speedo!!!
    Various early season episodes of voyager featured these skimpy male speedo's with the sides cut out to show lots of hip.

Star trek was a family show and back in the 80's & 90's it was even more difficult to put riskay things on television- yet men in speedos was never something shy'd away from.

I've noticed in this game since the beginning that females are given bust size modifyers, skimpy clothing etc.
    Let the men look more organic and less like ken dolls. I don't necessarily thing we need to see men in tank tops- HOWEVER:

Why can't certain clothes that are form fitting show that a character is clearly male? And why can't we have those early TNG skant's (male skirt) for guys? And why don't we have the traditional star trek speedo's we have seen in almost EVERY major series?

In my opinion Cryptic should have considered making the males more equal to females in these regards.
    They should have implemented equal swim and casual wear and include speedos/bikini's for men with out making it a big issue. Just slip it in there under the radar and don't make it an issue!

Unfortunately sexism is real, although in Star Trek it's supposed to have been overcome...
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    why not, after all everyone deserves a little fanservice every now and again.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    We all know the gorn would end up breaking their speedos....

Having that said the life expectancy of this thread is short and will probably close soon.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Really? I'll have to look into the summer store when I'm next in game. Less restrictions always good.

I actually made a decent Lara Croft cosplay that way. Used to be able to use the Enterprise boots too which were perfect, but now they aren't available for some reason in off duty.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I do love the gorn aloha shirt top, with the Risian shorts, sandels, and flower lei as a combo.

Nothing like fighting at the front lines as a tourist.

Now only if they could hook the screen capture function with a camera - weaponlike item with a camera zoom functionality that is similar to sniper zoom.