test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

we need some Faction specific episodes

trekfan32935trekfan32935 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Completed a new toon over ps4, I started a new romulan character minus romulan story arc the rest of the story is the same. do I really want to take this new character to level 60 seeing the same thing I just completed. I have a number of maxed out toons on pc just not a romulan. Would it be to much to ask if the dev team added some faction specific episodes during a season or even make a season faction specific. each faction gets so many episodes. adding specific episodes would make people who like the story aspect of it play longer since they would play the new episodes that are only specific to the romulans,fed,Klingons and it would add some depth to the story not just the same thing only diffrance is the ship and one has lumps and pointy ears

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Years ago, Cryptic made the conscious decision to not make faction specific content any more as it wasn't cost effective. STO will probably never again feature anything but faction agnostic content. That's why we have the alliance which even becomes a union in STOs future timeline.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ahh yes that rings a bell, but are we to stay a 3 faction system forever, could you imagine if it stayed Klingon and federation forever.
  • Options
    someone brought up the point on facebook about adding more factions

"the problem we have is that the three faction storylines all interlink and have one overarching narrative (this becomes apparent only after you play all three factions.) "

They have all kinds of options to add more factions like the cardassion and or the Diminion
    we don't know everything going on in the delta and gamma from season 1 and season 12 so a story could be wrote of these events to level that player up to lead to the events of season 13 as using 13 as a reference.

another option is a new faction a lone crew and capt of lets say the cardassions who some how is traveling through time during sto trying to put them on top or is freom a new reality and is trapped in this timeline . yes our caption made changes to the time line to correct issues whos not to say we dont know all the changes that happened so being the end result could be the timeline we have now so at 60 the player is now at this state of the storyline and the story can be writing from there.

many more options
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    As mentioned above, Cryptic moved away from faction specific content years ago and honestly I suspect that if they were redoing it now they might even have merged the factions into one rather than the 2.5 factions we have now (Romulans being a half faction).

Simple truth of the matter is, the majority (>75% - based on the last official stats I saw) of the player base play Federation toons and hence want Federation content the minority rest is spread between KDF and Romulans. For Cryptic to do faction dedicated episodes it means that instead of the frequency of episodes we've had recently we're going to get relatively less episodes for each faction since development time and resource is going to get split between them, and since the majority of the player base is Federation probably means that 5 out of 6 episodes would be Federation based anyway to keep the masses happy.

Probably the best comparative example of this is available ships, Federation have more C-Store ships available than the other two factions although balance is somewhat kept by the 3 and 9 pack sets that get released more frequently these days (although there's the odd Fed only single release where the other factions don't get a ship). A look over the T5 ships show's this much better though (e.g. no Romulan and limited KDF science ship selections).

So based on all this, I really think that the combined story line is probably the best option and I think adding any new factions is likely to be a challenge from this perspective given the limited Dev team size unless they do something like they did for Romulan and TOS toons (e.g limited number of missions then join the main story).

Of course, if you want to stay with faction specific content there is always the Foundry which lots of good faction specific content (ok not the main story, but it is faction specific).