test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking forward to featured episode "Survivor"

It will be awesome: since the team licensed "Magic Carpet Ride," it's pretty clear that the special musical sting for this episode will be "Eye of the Tiger." Not only that, it clears the way for the follow-up episode, "Dancing with the Stars."

boldly-watched.png

Comments

• jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Well, if you're going to be all serious and stuff--yeah, I read "Ripples" just now and I don't know where they're going with it. I thought the "ludicrous escape" thing was part of the Sela Experience, though.
    boldly-watched.png
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    one thing sure sela was hide all this time with dominion ppl ,remember she got back ups from dominion for help on the last battle agains iconian, so dont surprise me if we seemore dominion on the future season
    nexus.jpg

I was thinking about that the other day--we're awfully focused on the Alpha quadrant lately. (Or Beta, followed by Alpha, followed by Beta.) Gamma Quadrant is still largely a mystery--but I'm not sure another conflict with the Founders is really where I'd like to see the story line going. The galaxy is a very large place, and unless the Founders start encroaching, what would be the basis of a conflict that didn't seem artificial? The Delta Quadrant has more possibilities, in my opinion, but isn't immediately accessible to all Captains starting at level 10, so maybe that's why the story just stays in the two "home" quadrants.
    boldly-watched.png
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If Sela shows up in a red fedora and trench coat before she disappears at the end of the mission I'll be wondering where in the galaxy is Sela Sandiego? At that rate I'm breaking out the big guns and calling those four kids and their pesky great dane to to help solve that mystery.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    @somtaawkhar -- I don't have a real sense of how Cryptic and CBS sort out off-canon material. Like I said, a Dominion war would just seem forced, and canon doesn't put a lot else out there. Unless it's the Dominion coming to the Alliance for help in dealing with <insert off-canon invading race here>, the only thing left is...I don't know, a Pakled Exodus through the wormhole in search of the Promised Nebula? (Incidentally plopping themselves down on the Most Holy Planet of the Founders or something.) Perhaps the (supposedly) long-dead Hur'q could pull a Vaadwaur.

What we need is a fifth quadrant. (Hey, if Italian butchers can have a quinto quarto, then why can't we?) We've been to the past, we've been to the future, we've been to alternate timelines. The only place we haven't explored is the galactic core, and seriously, I've heard stories about that place. What a dump!
    boldly-watched.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    @somtaawkhar -- I don't have a real sense of how Cryptic and CBS sort out off-canon material. Like I said, a Dominion war would just seem forced, and canon doesn't put a lot else out there. Unless it's the Dominion coming to the Alliance for help in dealing with <insert off-canon invading race here>, the only thing left is...I don't know, a Pakled Exodus through the wormhole in search of the Promised Nebula? (Incidentally plopping themselves down on the Most Holy Planet of the Founders or something.) Perhaps the (supposedly) long-dead Hur'q could pull a Vaadwaur.

What we need is a fifth quadrant. (Hey, if Italian butchers can have a quinto quarto, then why can't we?) We've been to the past, we've been to the future, we've been to alternate timelines. The only place we haven't explored is the galactic core, and seriously, I've heard stories about that place. What a dump!

a 2nd dominion war can happen

1 : we set free the female founder who really hates the big 3

2 : she seen how one small dominion fleet took ds9 and brought the big 3 to its knees

3 : we dont know what trouble she has been stiring among the other founder since her release

4 : the expiditionary force that came with sela would report back on losses damage etc

5 : the above 4 alone could make a force like the dominion consider trying to conquer the beta and alpha quads again.

• seeroneseerone Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @jbmonroe said:
    >
    > What we need is a fifth quadrant. (Hey, if Italian butchers can have a quinto quarto, then why can't we?) We've been to the past, we've been to the future, we've been to alternate timelines. The only place we haven't explored is the galactic core, and seriously, I've heard stories about that place. What a dump!
    Well STO can make new timeline like JJ do or we can invade into mirrorverse.
    I suppose it could happen. The Alpha Quadrant Founders seemed to favor a group-think approach ("The New Link"), though, so the Gamma Quad crew might as well. They have Odo, too, whose counsel might neutralize any mad she might have going on. (Or not, as might be necessary for the plot.)

boldly-watched.png
    seerone wrote: »
    > @jbmonroe said:
    >
    > What we need is a fifth quadrant. (Hey, if Italian butchers can have a quinto quarto, then why can't we?) We've been to the past, we've been to the future, we've been to alternate timelines. The only place we haven't explored is the galactic core, and seriously, I've heard stories about that place. What a dump!
    Well STO can make new timeline like JJ do or we can invade into mirrorverse.

Mirror universe sounds good from an existing asset standpoint. A new timeline would require a lot of new art. (Also good, but longer to wait.)

This has gotten a little out of hand...I just wanted to make a pair of idiotic cultural reference jokes by tying together a pop song from the 80s (by the band Survivor) with a reality show reference (because "Survivor"). "Eye of the Tiger," y'know? "Dancing with the Stars," right?

boldly-watched.png
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    What are the episode rewards?
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I too am looking forward to shooting Sela in the face.​​

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Let me point out that Survivor actually had a number of hits besides Eye of the Tiger. 4 in the top 10, 6 in the top 20, and 17 in the top 100
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Someone we all know shows up at the end of the Episode... dun dun ... DUN!!!!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It might be interesting if we find out that with the return of the female founder that a division of opinions begins to show up in the great link, which might create something of a civil war in the Dominion. Which could work into a war beginning to happen in the gamma quad, while than could lead into a conflict with the Hur'q (maybe the Hur'q could have been part of the cause of instability in the link).
    discojer wrote: »
    Let me point out that Survivor actually had a number of hits besides Eye of the Tiger. 4 in the top 10, 6 in the top 20, and 17 in the top 100
    Based on what I saw in the episode, it seems "The Search is Over" would be a better choice of song.

boldly-watched.png
    asuran14 wrote: »
    It might be interesting if we find out that with the return of the female founder that a division of opinions begins to show up in the great link, which might create something of a civil war in the Dominion. Which could work into a war beginning to happen in the gamma quad, while than could lead into a conflict with the Hur'q (maybe the Hur'q could have been part of the cause of instability in the link).

Canon strongly suggests that the Hur'q are extinct--which means that, in all probability, they ain't. "Dominion Civil War" sounds like the Star Trek novel you ought to write.

boldly-watched.png
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    asuran14 wrote: »

Canon strongly suggests that the Hur'q are extinct--which means that, in all probability, they ain't. "Dominion Civil War" sounds like the Star Trek novel you ought to write.

Except even going with the fact that the Fek'Ihri Horde are hinted at being the creation of the Hur'q specifically, and it is not uncommon for a race supposedly extinct to re-appear. The Iconians were by an large even in canon suggested to be extinct, but we than find out that they were only in hiding.
    Yeah, it's pretty much like comic books--no bad guy that dies off-screen stays dead. Even some that die on-screen. (Expecting Zoom to reappear even after the season finale ofLegends of Tomorrow.)
    boldly-watched.png