test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mark Two Challenge

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they've really uberbuffed the TRIBBLE out of NPCs...back when i did BTR the first several times, the ent-f and allies did jack TRIBBLE - i had to do ALL the work​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I'm not expecting you to have much in the way of challenge until you hit the Delta Quadrant at the soonest, but even the DQ has been dialed back a bit from the original release state it was in with DR, so maybe not even then.
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    So. Boldly they rode. The ground part with Mk XII equipment (still on Elite difficulty) was a cakewalk. (Why do people complain about Tactical captain rebalancing?)

are you playing this build on tribble or holodeck? "Rebalance" pass will not be live on holodeck until end of April.

3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    huijian wrote: »
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    So. Boldly they rode. The ground part with Mk XII equipment (still on Elite difficulty) was a cakewalk. (Why do people complain about Tactical captain rebalancing?)

are you playing this build on tribble or holodeck? "Rebalance" pass will not be live on holodeck until end of April.

The ground rebalance already happened for Holodeck. Feb. 23, 2017.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I got an idea if you ever decide to do this again, Mk 2 only, using only Sci ships and turrets
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I got an idea if you ever decide to do this again, Mk 2 only, using only Sci ships and turrets

Sci ships are extremely easy leveling now, as Tachyon Beam + Deteriorating Secondary Deflector = Death Lance, until about level 40 anyway.

Past 40, you can use Scramble Sensors to help out a lot, and even with just Skill you can do some damage with Gravity Well. Wouldn't be particularly fast in killing, but I think even after Space Balance Pass it'd still be doable for missions.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

Sci ships are extremely easy leveling now, as Tachyon Beam + Deteriorating Secondary Deflector = Death Lance, until about level 40 anyway.

Past 40, you can use Scramble Sensors to help out a lot, and even with just Skill you can do some damage with Gravity Well. Wouldn't be particularly fast in killing, but I think even after Space Balance Pass it'd still be doable for missions.

Hmm, maybe a cruiser then, still with only Mk 2 turrets?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

Hmm, maybe a cruiser then, still with only Mk 2 turrets?

Turrets. I leveled my Starships with turrets on my main, it was extremely fast though they were mark 12 - 14 Turrets. That would be pretty funny to see a Mk 2 Turret Build on a Cruiser. =P
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    lighte007 wrote: »
    The ground rebalance already happened for Holodeck. Feb. 23, 2017.

Guess I didn't notice the OP was posting about ground combat. And all this time I thought this thread was discussing space combat.. derp.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    I find that when it comes to running low mark gear, survivability and not DPS is the challenge at higher levels. Also, running single target abilities or cannons help more than running beams and FAW.

Well done by the way. Not many can get through with what you are doing.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Can't even believe you're progressing so unimpeded.
    Well done. Great experimentation.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg