test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Artisanal Sonification System is Here

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    galatt wrote: »
    My wife said the only way it could have been better was if you had little kids making the noises.
    Still, Loved it.

AFAIC these are little kids making these noises. ;)

But seriously, it reminds me of the silly sounds we use to make when playing Table Top RPGs back in the 80s. All of the silly sword fighting and ray gun sounds.

Here's to keeping the child inside alive and well.
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Did the people complaining about this not realise there is an off button?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Did the people complaining about this not realise there is an off button?

People complaining about this have no soul.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I second, third whatever the request to have this as a permanent option. I was laughing all through the First Contact Day mission listening to this. Well played sound effects team, well played.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Some of you must be soooooo much fun at parties....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Seriously, why are people complaining about this? It's an April Fool's joke that is actually funny.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I say keep it in the game i like the A.S.S. it actually makes me wanna play more just for the laughs :)
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I second what someone else said, I would pay good money in the C-store if need be to keep the A.S.S. in the game as a permanent option.

And for those that don't love dat A.S.S., it must suck to have no sense of either humor or fun.....
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    ronthefan wrote: »
    We've made some changes to the in game audio, Captains. They're not just going to change the game. They'll change your life.

Full details here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10453933
    This isn't funny. It's idiotic. Next time you make an April Fools joke, keep it as a news post and OUT of the game.
    Because I don't want to have to deal with this until the next patch.

Are you OK? Is everything all right?

I'm fine. I'm just pissed off that I have to deal with a poor joke until patch day. It wasn't funny. It gave me a goddamn headache.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Loved it! Thanks! :D
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    [PC] The Artisanal Sonification System is Here - We've made some changes to the in game audio, Captains. They're not just going to change the game. They'll change your life.

I just wanted to tell all of the "artists" and engineers, who made the "The Artisanal Sonification System" a reality on April Fool's Day (2017), that I really enjoyed the experience. As a jaded STO veteran, I normally experience STO with the FX turned low, but since "The Artisanal Sonification System" was implemented, I have cranked my FX volume up to maximum. Not only has my STO experience been improved, but I no longer need to use a cane to help me walk and my libido has returned to youthful levels! Whatever techno-magic was woven into "The Artisanal Sonification System" has truly changed my life!

Disclaimer : The person making these statements is not a paid actor and their results may not be typical.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    We've made some changes to the in game audio, Captains. They're not just going to change the game. They'll change your life.

Full details here:
    This isn't funny. It's idiotic. Next time you make an April Fools joke, keep it as a news post and OUT of the game.

I'm fine. I'm just pissed off that I have to deal with a poor joke until patch day. It wasn't funny. It gave me a goddamn headache.

There's an off button ...

Also, Khan has a message for you:

https://youtu.be/MLgMKIXV_jU
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png

Full details here:

There's an off button ...

Also, Khan has a message for you:

https://youtu.be/MLgMKIXV_jU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynfu6hSqViI
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    sotsogm wrote: »
    I'm in love with your A.S.S.!

You folks are the best, thank you for making my Saturday morning!

Ditto, guys, this is fantastic Saturday morning fun. My wife hears me laughing and she thinks I've lost my mind over here. Worth it. :smiley:

btw - You missed one perfect opportunity. I put my ship into reverse and guess what happened. Nothing. No sound.
    Where's the truck backing up * beep * beep * beep * beep * sound?
    :: shakes head in disappointment ::
    You really dropped the ball here, guys. I expect better than that from you.
    What I expected but did not hear, was a special sound for using the CPR power.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    chipito1 wrote: »
    >:)>:)>:)
    Now I understand why the game is not repaired.
    It's more important to do these ****
    Meanwhile all the ships that separate the saucers are broken
    New romulus does not work
    And still more
    But not that not
    Well, congratulations on not doing anything productive
    :'(:'(:'(

You realise the people who work on the audio for STO almost certainly have nothing to do with any of these gameplay bugs?

Its like complaining that the IT guys in your company had a party, when they should have been fixing the elevators. Its just not their area.

It's a very weak excuse, how do you think you should think a lot of people who want to enjoy the game as you see they follow the same bugs again and again without making an arrangement ?, you must think that cryptic is laughing in their faces with these "Silly Sounds".
    ^^^
    You act as if the Devs HAVE FOUND a solution to a given bug, and just aren't/don't have time to implement it. It just shows how little you understand the issues of programming and maintaining such a large cidebase that interacts with such a wide variety of hardware and OS software over a Global network. IF they have a fix for a given bug that won't cause different or larger bugs somewhere else in the code, you can be certain they would in fact implement it as they WANT this code to be as bug free as possible.

Bottom line: It's hardly a 'weak excuse'.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    I'd like to add my vote for making this a permanent option in-game. I really cant get enough of that A.S.S.
  • knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    It's gone... and missed already :'(
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    You missed that big new button floating on screen? You could have turned it off at any time. eyesup.gif

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Oh by Kahless, they killed the A.S.S.! You petaQ !
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • brawndomombrawndomom Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Loved it.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    It's gone... and missed already :'(

I'm waiting for the full soundtrack to be released. I wanna see if I can install it in my car.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This was hands-down some of the most fun I've had in STO in a while.
    Great job Devs. We needed this 6 years ago. :smile:
    This also gets my vote for a permanent option. Heck, I'd even throw zen at it.
    Thanks again for the laughs, Devs.
    Top shelf, gang. Top shelf.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Oh dammit, I missed it all. I was without my gaming pc for a couple days...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I logged in this morning and had a little last minute fun with them, I kinda miss them now.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    the A.S.S. is gone? well back to my xbox360 and other things :/
  • wimpomanwimpoman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Loved it. Want it back. XD
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    I'm curious,

Did the sphere that shall not be named have any of these April Fools Day sound effects?

I know the Fireworks Launcher did.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I was confused at first, I thought somehow my voice chat had got enabled and someone was saying silly things over zone chat.
    Then when I realised what was going on, I turned up the volume on my speakers to enjoy the silliness in all it's glory!
    My only disappointment is that it only lasted for one day, I wanted more time to find out all the craziness!

They really should bring this in permanently, just for those days when you want silly instead of serious, to brighten your mood.
    Just make sure it can be switched on and off.

Now they've raised the bar with an ingame prank, I am wondering how they will top this next year.
    Will we login and find out the game is using Trek Animated Series graphics?
    Or 8-bit graphics from the ye olde dawn of gaming?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
This discussion has been closed.