test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Garbage uninstalled. Bye!

A lot of focus on lockboxes and not enough focus on content, especially for the neglected factions. I feel pity for those who got suckered into wasting money on the lifetime subscription. STO should be hauled away as garbage!

"Free-to-play"? LOL! Would you work for free? Didn't think so! (charity excluded)

Developers have to make money, you say? So, what you're saying is you have to pay to play, at least some of you do, anyway. If everyone "optionally" played for free, how would Cryptic and PWE support the game? Therefore, "free-to-play" is false advertising.

All the "stuff" is gone with the deleted characters, so you're out of luck.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit you either, as long as you don't block the way.

You may close this thread.

Rage, whine and QQ all you like.

Bye! :)

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Meh...

I have a free to play only account (it's a secondary account) with 3 characters where I have not spent a single penny. While I have grinded all the free T6 starships since the 2015 Winter Event, each max level captain continues to command the free T5 ship selected at level 40.

A lot of other MMOs are "free to play" so I guess they are also falsely adverting as well. If "free to play" games rub you the wrong way, then simply stick with the traditional "buy to play" games.

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Can I have your stuff crybaby?
    Post edited by vampeiyre on
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    inb4 lock and can I have your stuff?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Good. Another scrub F2P beggar gone.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Free-to-play doesn't mean play for free
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2017
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    April fools' day or a simple case of men's period? Mmhh...;)
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    A positive move by an individual who is not enjoying themselves. The only antisocial element is the implication that others are having "the wrong kind of fun" by enjoying the game.

It's certainly better than all those locked in self-inflicted skinner boxes...
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I am always confused when people moan in zone chat about not being able to have fun without paying, or P2W etc. I haven't spent any money on the game, I got myself a lockbox ship I like, decent weapons etc, and I have plenty fun with the game.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    You only had one post. One post!

And you wasted it.

As for that LTS you denigrated? Well, over the duration, STO has paid me enough Zen to more than cover double the initial sub fee--and then some. And then there's Arc quests.

So, paid to play, bro--paid to play.

Also, thanks for the Macro Econ 101 lesson. It had totally escaped all of us that there's no such thing as "free to <do anything>," so we'll always be indebted to you for that bit of impromptu wisdom. You were like our own personal Greg Mankiw.
    Post edited by jbmonroe on
    boldly-watched.png
  • stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Cry me a river.
    One more useless idiot gone from the game.
    #theworldbecomingabetterplaceonedaftyatatime
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    As far as April Fool's jokes go, i'd expect better than that.

In the case it's not, well, STO is still my favorite MMO. Don't like it, dude? Tough ! :)

Let it be said the mere fact you felt the need to post about your departure speaks volumes on your craving for attention.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Life time subs actually are worth it if you are in for the long haul. They pay for themselves rather nicely. I do agree though there seems to be more focus on money content then story content when you compare it to other MMOs. Now if STO spent more effort putting those story blog posts up as playable content then it'd be better in that regard.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Does anyone know who this guy is? Does anyone care?

I am confused.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Another crybaby bites the dust.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User

I think you have done enough for everyone.

oh nb4 lock

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    What is this 'lockbox' issue that some people seem to have? Every three months we get a new lock box. There's much more content and usually more episodes on average than lock box releases in those same three months.

And no one ever said that you have to pay - some of us are happy to do it though. Which means that you get to play for free if you want.
    rimmarie wrote: »

I think you have done enough for everyone.

oh nb4 lock

Basically this. If at least there was some logic or truth in the OP's whining...
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Inb4 lock.
    I need a beer.

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    A lot of focus on lockboxes and not enough focus on content, especially for the neglected factions.

OP, if you want to troll you probably want to step up your game. "WHERE'S MY KDF/ROM SHIPS?!" stopped being something you could slap on the forums for an easy +1 to argument a couple years ago. We've been getting content for the "forgotten factions" pretty regularly now. Missions, ships, PVE's, zones, the KDF even got a D'k tahg costume piece for the hell of it (plus their TOS uniforms for free.) And they all take their turn in the story.

Maybe next time you could try "Dammit, there's too much parity! STAR TREK SHOULD BE ALL ABOUT THE FED!"

risian4 wrote: »
    What is this 'lockbox' issue that some people seem to have? Every three months we get a new lock box. There's much more content and usually more episodes on average than lock box releases in those same three months.
    It's an easy meme. Because lock boxes (by their nature) frequently deny players the best content it's easy to paint them as the antagonist. Therefore, claiming that lock boxes are taking even more content is an easy thing to shout (regardless of any factual counter-argument) for base emotional appeal.

It's automatic human behavior working through a set of perceived group attitudes to come to an opinion which sets the poster in line with where they feel the zeitgeist is (for imagined self-benefit within the perceived group.) Basically, it's reflex action. It's complex reflex action, but it's still reflex action (it's just what humans do. We're social creatures.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    How dare you say sto should be hauled away as "cabbage"! You're the cabbage! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjBwiKN_gY

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Bye. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya.

Right, now that he's gone....I call dibs on his ships.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    I think the OP is mistaken. I haven't spent more than 40 bucks on this game and I'm comfortably in the multi-billionaire club. Making lots of ec in this game is too easy. It's just playing the markets -- buy low, sell high, stockpiling valuables and releasing them back into the market slowly to keep prices higher.

I work for my EC in the R+D Tech Upgrade mines and I still make enough to live quite comfortably. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    NB4 lock.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    STO just got better.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Did the OP also take selfies before pressing "post comment" and at the "uninstall confirmed" window?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.