test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Insult to injury after change

lexintonlexinton Member Posts: 42 Arc User
So iv heard that they are nerfing the durations of torpedo abilities which im assuming includes transport warhead. Which if so does this mean that now there will be a shorter amount of time for your Pets to unload their transport warhead abilities on a target? thus limiting the maximum amount of "hits" you can get to 3 or 4 in a best case scenario?

Comments

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Honestly when I tested on tribble I didn't see the pets having any sort of problem with transport warhead.
  • lexintonlexinton Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    So it still works like before? I was afraid this would be a large accidental nerf. Because it seems like you need the long duration to give your pets time to actually use the transport warhead ability. Given the firing arc and lockout.

Edit: Another person just confirmed there working like before. Hmm guess the changes didn't effect it after all. (maybe they use a unique copy of Transport Warhead?)
    Post edited by lexinton on
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Possibly, I do know for example the pets transport war head from insult to injury does not start the cool down on Torpedo spread for example like it would on a player ship, so there are differences. Honestly Insult to Injury is way more powerful then regular Transport Warhead III even because it's more torpedoes and that means more shots to know a system off line. Even with 2 hangars of Callistos it's 10,000 to 12,000 straight to hull damage per torpedo (4 Quantum Torps). That's 4 shots to know a system off line as well. On my KDF character it will be 12 to 6 Orion Slavers dealing 15,000 damage or more per photon torpedo, so that's like 180,000 to 90,000 damage straight to Hull, and at least some subsystems knocked off line every time it happens.