Options

[PC] First Contact Day Celebration!

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Ummmm...."Could not find Que...."?

Try the calendar.

Yeah the clendar lets you try and queue but when you do it it goes Could not not find queue, so you repeat again and again until eventually it finds it and you get in. Then once you manage to get in you may get lucky and not get the SNR which then disconnects you so you have to try it all over again.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I mean, When I click Join it says "Could not find queue Event: First Contact Day"

I have to click it several times and maybe it finally queues me
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    @ambassadorkael#6946 This is getting extremely annoying. I've gotten four of my dozen captains through the Event, but on two of them I've clicked hundreds of times and it cannot 'find' the event.

This needs fixing, pronto.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    There's no need to swear. I asked a valid question and have a valid problem.

Oh, thank you for the help, despite the swearing.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Just great. Comcast is having an outage in New England. Upload just not working.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    1:20 for briefing, it's way too long
    Qapla'
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I found it boring so I beamed out once I saw I was competing with other players. I'd rather do something as a team or just play another game totally.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Doesn't matter about the competition. You build, you get the Voucher. The briefing time is way way too long.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I found it boring so I beamed out once I saw I was competing with other players. I'd rather do something as a team or just play another game totally.
    It's not much of a competition.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    There are some definite flaws with this First Contact Day Re-Enactment event, but I am finding it fun, pretty simple, & relaxing then culminating with good music at the end.

I completed it for 7 of my toons without much hassle.

Every once in awhile a 'part' wont register that I found it, but not a huge deal.

The timing during a few sequences of the event seem to be miss calculated as well, but I actually used all that beginning time to listen to the narrative the first time I did the event.

Also, yes the "cannot find a queue" text is annoying, but eventually I am accepted then get to begin the event.

It doesn't take too much overall time & though simple & can drag it is a relaxing fun event.

Whether worth the effort with the rewards it offers to each their own to weigh & decide.
  • Options
    Joining it through the PvE window will get you in first time every time. Thank you, somtaawkhar.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Love the event: but please, get rid of the 'wait rooted for 90 seconds' at the start.

Great work :)
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    It's not much of a competition.

Doesn't matter, it's boring and not worth the effort for me. On the up side I completed the thieves guild quest in Skyrim and started on my way to assassinating the emperor. :smiley:
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    gpatton3gpatton3 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Is this an account wide unlock prize or bound to only the character that does it? So doing it 20 times for all my toons or 1 time for 19 toons

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    stoodogg wrote: »
    Love the event: but please, get rid of the 'wait rooted for 90 seconds' at the start.

Great work :)
    yeah, 30 secs is more than enough.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Love the event anything with steppenwolf is awesome in my books, was a sweet surprise when "Magic Carpet Ride" began to play :)
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    djxprime wrote: »
    Interesting. I don't suppose we'll hear a rendition of "Magic Carpet Ride" during the launch?

(I know, licensing issues and all that. Just pie-in-the-sky dreaming. lol.)

Well, never mind what I said about licensing. They do have it! Right at the launching! And it's the original! :D
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    What a nice surprise!, I actually enjoyed the event
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wonder if they will ever add Zephram's outfit to the game in a future First Contact day.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Event is fun so far; nice little extras that can pop up, easy-going. Even with the occasional spider hunt, pretty noncombat
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Its a really nice map, hope we get to use it more then once a year for some account wide event. I tried to walk around and check it out, see if any of the doors would open, stuff like that. Dont get me wrong, I love what you guys do and give us but there is a difference in something being fun and a grind. Could be better if it was an account wide event but with a 30 min cooldown. After the first time you got marks only like every one of the other PvE. I know you cannot make everyone happy no matter what you guys do but a lot of us would have been OK just with the account wide event.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    First of all: I'm loving it! Of course, what we do is silly, but silly doesn't matter on a map as beautyful as this one is.
    So I'd ask if it is possible to establish the map as a social map of some kind, maybe expand it so we can visit the museum sometime in the years to come...
  • Options
    jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I think it a fun little diversion from the regular missions, stf's and the like. Plus you can listen to a cool song while you watch your rocket fly, or explode.
  • Options
    knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Something I forgot... love that it's an event accessible for lvl 10 and above.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Is this 24 hours instead of 20 hours for the cool down now?
  • Options
    captainjohnalphacaptainjohnalpha Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Why is it that when I have Blue and Purple parts and my Shuttle doesn't get anywhere! >:(
  • Options
    berryme570berryme570 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I was pleasantly surprised to hear Magic Carpet Ride play during takeoff :) All in all, this is a fun event in my opinion. I even won on my first attempt :D
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Stealth patch notes for today.

Placed a limit of 5 to parts adjustments in first contact day event.
  • Options
    omegapaladinomegapaladin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I like the event, just wish there was a bit of a benefit for getting a good rocket together vs. doing nothing. Maybe more fleet marks or experience? I'm not hyper-competitive or anything, I just think participating in the event is worth a reward.​​