test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] First Contact Day Celebration!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Zephram Cochrane Memorial and Historical Museum is holding a celebration for First Contact Day, and you're invited to take part!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10439813

Comments

• angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    What an unusual event. This'll be fun to see!
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Kerbal Trek Online?
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'm not sure, but i thought, that when i saw Phoenix on TV - it launched looking more like traditional ICBM and the drive nacelles were hiden on launch and then deployed after it has achieved orbit altitude?
    Also will there be additional blog, because that one is somewhat light on details... like will there be some interesting rewards? o:)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    That's a neat idea! I'm looking forward to trying it.
  • gynxmonkeypawgynxmonkeypaw Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    as a TOS diehard and "spaceflight chronicles" supporter I do not recognize the "alt history" of the movie Zephram and will not be participating in this event. I KNOW the "Movie- First Contact" is considered canon over the book, but the discrepancy from TOS and movie (since i include book) makes this unpalatble for ME. sorry. enjoy gang!
  • lordkoslordkos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What do we get if we win? Just a pat on the back and a "good Job"?
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Interesting. I don't suppose we'll hear a rendition of "Magic Carpet Ride" during the launch?

(I know, licensing issues and all that. Just pie-in-the-sky dreaming. lol.)
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Well, I suppose this explains why First Contact Day hasn't​ been around for awhile.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I know, every once in a while, I have to shout out to the aether "Zephram Cochrane was from Alpha Centauri!"
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Ugh, competitions, I have never been good at them.
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    lordkos wrote: »
    What do we get if we win? Just a pat on the back and a "good Job"?

The last time I was a participant in an event all I got was a lame ship and a bag full of Cherry Ephoo's I can't get rid of. Four and a half years playing not one bug free even yet.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    Finally first contact day. last we celebrated this around 2. year anniversary, i think. every year plz
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Looking forward to hearing what the prizes are to see if it's worth while to bother with.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    djxprime wrote: »
    Interesting. I don't suppose we'll hear a rendition of "Magic Carpet Ride" during the launch?

(I know, licensing issues and all that. Just pie-in-the-sky dreaming. lol.)

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Carpet-Ride/dp/B000W1VFA6 do you realize that the game star trek online supports both WinAmp and iTunes?

What that means is: You can play Any Music You Want through STO. https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3fu1z6/how_to_use_music_player/​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    hooray!!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

as a TOS diehard and "spaceflight chronicles" supporter I do not recognize the "alt history" of the movie Zephram and will not be participating in this event. I KNOW the "Movie- First Contact" is considered canon over the book, but the discrepancy from TOS and movie (since i include book) makes this unpalatble for ME. sorry. enjoy gang!

You realize that the Borg went back in time first, right? Anything the Borg may have done could have changed EVERYTHING that happened in TOS. The Sound of Thunder, dude.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    I usually rag on how (of late) STO Devs have just been regurgitating the same events for the last 3 years, but this one is definitely a new one, so Kudos.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    U60YhCo.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Is this going to be like the Summer Event scavenger hunt where our Captains had to find "temporally displaced" artifacts only here we are looking for "Cochrane displaced" artifacts?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    I usually rag on how (of late) STO Devs have just been regurgitating the same events for the last 3 years, but this one is definitely a new one, so Kudos.

The new devs are much higher quality than many STO used to have at the top of their organizational hierarchy.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    Finally first contact day. last we celebrated this around 2. year anniversary, i think. every year plz
    Last year, actually - there was a week of giveaways from the Store.
    The year before, the Iconians were giving us a thrashing and there was no time to celebrate.
    In 2014, we were able to talk with the Enterprise-F crew at Utopia Planitia.
    In 2013, the Enterprise-F came under our command whilst Captain Shon monitored various ship systems to check some new improvements to his ship. But, the Undine attacked and made the 'tests' far more interesting.
    I don't recall any FC-day event at all in previous years, but maybe others can fill in the gap in my memory.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Is this going to be like the Summer Event scavenger hunt where our Captains had to find "temporally displaced" artifacts only here we are looking for "Cochrane displaced" artifacts?

Please no. That would suck.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Sounds interesting, but if the artifacts are too hard to find like the Summer Event one, it might spoil the whole experience. I am hoping we get a playable Phoenix ship to fly.

18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • wimpomanwimpoman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Why do I get the feeling that the Borg are going to be there... again.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Nah... competition normally allow raise pets by DOFF assignments to exchange them for choice of marks...
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Kerbal Trek Online?
    I can't wait to see the various tries:
    http://dai.ly/x4f1jjk?start=98
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    The last time I was a participant in an event all I got was a lame ship and a bag full of Cherry Ephoo's I can't get rid of. Four and a half years playing not one bug free even yet.

Right Click -> Discard

And the ship ain't half bad if you have a Sci captain and haven't access to a Scryer.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Looking forward to trying it myself, I missed all the rest for one reason or another.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • spacemage#7323 spacemage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This sounds cool. I'm relatively new to the game, so I will probably get my butt kicked. This still sounds fun though. Is there going to be a prize for completing the event or logging on to it each day, like there was for the breach event?