test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you Screenshot?

I already know Prt Scr stores a .jpg in your ...\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots folder but those are pure scenery no UI etc. I also know there's a command line version that allows you to take single UI screenshots, but what I want to be able to do is screenshot some infocards. If I mouseover gear it lists all the specs and I'd like to capture this info to study outside STO. Anyone know how to do that? It's probably idiotically simple but ... :/

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,241 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    While I'm pretty sure you can print the screen with the UI with a command (I think it's /screenshot_ui or something close: http://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_console_commands ), if you have the Steam overlay, you can use it as well, or use any other screenshot-taking software like Gadwin PrintScreen.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you push PrtSc, you can switch to an app like Paint or Photoshop, and paste the screenshot into there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,363 Arc User
    Pull out your phone, point it at the screen and...
  • cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    What rattler2 said.
    V
    Post edited by cactolith on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 55,808 Community Moderator
    Well... There should be an in game method or two, one of which might be /screenshot in the chatbox. Don't quote me on it though, I haven't done that in a while. There is also the PrtScn option, AND... if you're running through Steam, a hotkey through Steam as well. I got mine set to F11 as F12 kinda conflicts with an in game keybind.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)