test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No cap for Specialization points?

After years of playing my main character, I finally filled in all the Specialization trees. Yay!

However, I continue to accumulate Specialization points. Why? I thought they automatically converted into Dilithium once all trees had been filled in?

Anyone know? Or should I bug report it?

Comments

• tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I stop getting them after around 8 spec points on my main and alts. My AOY alt still needs 19 to finish all the Specialization trees.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    edited March 2017
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Actually, you can collect up to 30 spec points beyond what is needed to fill all the trees. After that, you get Dilithium ore whenever you reach the threshold for another spec point (something like 3000).

Really, I think I may have a bug, I got nothing each time I go over the threshold.

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    I get different results depending on the character. My Fed, KDF and TOS can't get more than the current maximum (filling all spec, then you can't get more), but my RR keeps getting spec points above the maximum amount.

I guess it's bugged one way or another. Last time they checked, they prevented characters from getting more points above the maximum but it seems to not have lasted for some.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Max points is either 25 or 30.
    After that you get dilithium.

I doubt anyone isn't getting it. It gets added quickly like a doff reward does, so it's more likely you're just missing it.
    I will watch for it next time, thanks.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    From what I understand the exact cap will vary because some "free" points don't count against the cap for some reason. So a character that has been though a few giveaway weeks may have 2-8 extra points that don't count towards the cap.

I have all trees full +12 points and have not hit a cap yet.
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Allegedly the Dev's capped it so you couldn't gain excess spec points a season or so back as before that the free spec points didn't count towards the cap.

Evidence so far indicates this hasn't prevented the ability to gain excess points on toons that already had free spec points claimed (my main maxed out at 30, couple of m KDF toons are somewhere around 9 when they maxed out). Can't comment on whether or not new toons that didn't claim any free spec points before the fix do max out once all the trees are filled as I don't have any newer toons that have quire reached that point.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    It depends on where the spec point came from.. i dont remember how they figure it but freebies like FE boxes and the occassional giveaways i dont think count towards it. So those will overflow to just unused spec points.