test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[All Platforms] Andromeda Goes on Sale

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    Let me point out that as far as galaxies go, Andromeda is actually quite close, not "distant". So much so it's actually visible to the naked eye. It's distant in the sense that space is really big, but also in that same sense, compared to other things, it's our next door neighbor. In fact, it's so close and headed our way, eventually it will merge with ours.
    Well, it's the closest LARGE galaxy, but there are dozens of smaller galaxies closer.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    No (25%) sale on the cross faction 3-pack? I blame Cerberus infiltration!
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Heh. If I didn't already own it then I would have bought it for the sheer number of amusing ad references. Too bad it wasn't the Pathfinder; I don't have that one, yet.
  • ajr62ajr62 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ok first off nice ship yes but not nice that you have to buy it as a tier 6 and have to be at such a high level to use it and that the levels past 50 makes it even harder to level up and get exp points for it unless you are a die hard player with nothing better to do. and also making the new missions any level first the n boosting them to level 60 so its impossible for those that are not level 60 to do is even worse. :s
  • yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    They have Pathfinders in Mass Effect Andromeda as well. :)
  • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    yawn....
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »

Yeah, if the 3-pack had also gone on sale I'd seriously consider buying it. But I don't need my Fed captains getting that much farther ahead of my Rom and KDF captains in admiralty and ship traits.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I decided to get it as I had spare zen lying around and it's the only T6 version of the c-store hero ships which I don't already have.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    ajr62 wrote: »
    ok first off nice ship yes but not nice that you have to buy it as a tier 6 and have to be at such a high level to use it and that the levels past 50 makes it even harder to level up and get exp points for it unless you are a die hard player with nothing better to do. and also making the new missions any level first the n boosting them to level 60 so its impossible for those that are not level 60 to do is even worse. :s

Duty Officers and Admiralty will get you one Level-Up per day even you only do one set each. That will get you from 50 to 60 in less than two weeks without playing any other part of the game. Any Mission will net you another Level-Up. You level super fast in this game.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    nikeix wrote: »
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »

Yeah, if the 3-pack had also gone on sale I'd seriously consider buying it. But I don't need my Fed captains getting that much farther ahead of my Rom and KDF captains in admiralty and ship traits.

Unless i am mistaken, the T6 trait is among those which are going to be account unlocked.
    The tribble notes from the 15th should hold the answer.

Edit: made a boo boo. Not mentioned (yet)
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    potasssium wrote: »
    ...sails on past I passed on anyways...
    You've been in the Pork-and-Beans again, correct? Gaseous Anomalies Studies For Andromeda Reconnaissance Tracing ?? CRAPs !! To the Toilet Bowl, Robin !!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • samuraishakasamuraishaka Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    A win win, _ as cryptic would sell more - ((Markting & PR 101) I really wish we had more advance notice, eg in game , and indeed clearer notice, especially as paid up lifetime members of these events instead of finding out about them when they are practically over, b randomly checking forums etc. . (as a non USA player far from PST). It is also odd to exclude the other faction ships, despite the hommage to mass effect, and make the bundle effectively uneconomical. Console players are much more picky and choosy abut brand/franchise loyalty and fairness, maybe viable to consider prepping these flash sales more professionally.
    IDIC LL&P
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I agree, I didn't know about the sale until it was already talken down. Because I was in the game at the login screen. I am usually there because I some days only get to play in those 20 minutes between other things that I have to do.

So I didn't see the login news stories for almost the whole week.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    the hommage to mass effect
    It's not a homage to Mass Effect, the ship was already in game since near middle 2015.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9126203-tier-6-iconic-ship-stats

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    the ship wasn't the homage; the sale was​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.