test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the most useless class of duty officers?

m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
What is the most useless class of duty officers?

I'm rushing diplomat and notice that I need mostly Diplomats, and Security with sometime advisers. Very rare using counselors.
I did some tactical and it uses mostly security also. there seems to be less demand on other officers and I got a bunch of rare to very rare conn officers and they are almost never required due to all the security requirements.

Comments

• Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    most useless are prsioners no one buyed only option is release him on space ......
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    xayss wrote: »
    most useless are prsioners no one buyed only option is release him on space ......

So just do prisoner exchange all of them as fed I guess right?
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Ditto on fed prisoners. Just utterly worthless with only 2 assignments to use them for pitiful returns.

That's pretty bad.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    xayss wrote: »

Not entirely true, they can be used for fleet credits on some projects.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There are another two Missions you can use them on, 'Recruit Additional Labor to Aid Karemma Colonization Team' and 'Recruit Labor to Aid Paradan Colonization Team' allow you to dump five Prisoners each.

Be careful as it defaults to loading five Very Rare Civilians from your crew.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Fed prisoners for sure and honestly I find consultants fairly useless as well (Oh the irony there).
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    There are another two Missions you can use them on, 'Recruit Additional Labor to Aid Karemma Colonization Team' and 'Recruit Labor to Aid Paradan Colonization Team' allow you to dump five Prisoners each.
    Which only rewards 5 dilithium ie basically nothing.

At that price you're better off dismissing them.
  • Options
    It's not for the Dilitium it's for the CXP. Get plenty of that from other Missions and Admiralty.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    It's not for the Dilitium it's for the CXP. Get plenty of that from other Missions and Admiralty.
    And CXP is useful for...75 fleet marks once in a blue moon.

I stand by my claim, basically nothing.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Sold a human, andorian, and a vulcan to the Syndicate the other day. *Counts money* Ah I love prisoners. Worst? Chef? Not sure there's very many assignments I use one of those for. Still even those can be turned in to white DOFFs which can be put in to fleet projects or use directly in fleet projects if already white level. So really there is no "worst doff" out there since they're all useful in fleets.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Locked blues, greens. The blue and greens are the hardest to get rid of, 'Recruit Additional Labor to Aid Karemma Colonization Team' and 'Recruit Labor to Aid Paradan Colonization Team' allow you to dump them but waiting for it can take a day or two. White get the air lock if I have to work too hard to rid myself of them. Talk to your fleet admins, they can reload one of the fleet projects that will take them. What I did.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    Worst? Chef? Not sure there's very many assignments I use one of those for.
    Actually, depending on the chef's species, you can, thanks to them, make some food that can sell at a good price on the exchange.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    You turned my answer about additional FEDERATION Missions involving Prisoners in response to a post earlier on, into a value judgment of the Rewards you get out of them. When I spoke of CXP in response to your earlier value judgement about the Missions, which was outside of the point of my original post, it was to level up the Commendations areas.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    maerikcharonmaerikcharon Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    The duty officer that improves the damage of abandon ship... Your entire job is to make me blow up better?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    except abandon ship doesn't exist anymore, so neither does that effect​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    what'd that get changed to?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i have no idea; the wiki wasn't updated with the new effect​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.