test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Respec token is nice but...

...could Cryptic consider giving us the ability to reinvest all our Specialization points?

This of course would make no difference to characters that already have all Specializations maxed but in my case, I only have 1 toon that is fully maxed. All the rest of my Alts went down certain paths that I think I might like to possibly change.

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    We will never be able to respec our specializations. You can continue earning spec points to fill all of them, regardless of what choices you've made. Respecs are necessary when we lock ourselves into one choice or another. That's not the case here.

If you want to make a switch, then simply keep playing with that character. If you need a boost, then just continue running through the FED admiralty campaign for exceptionally high experience rewards. You don't have to spend your day grinding it, just keep it up on the background.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    This was asked when spec's first came out and the response from the dev's was that as you could earn them all there was no point in a respect token for specs as you can just earn more points.

I guess there was probably the unsaid bit as well that they didn't want players just respecing into the new spec's and not playing new content to earn said spec's (although the overcap sort of pay to that somewhat before they fixed it). And probably more significantly the number of complaints from people across the game that they'd paid for something (or had the option) that provided minimal real value.

That was the view at the time, and I doubt Cryptic's position has changed.

If you're wanting to start using different specs, then I'd suggest investing future points in that spec and maxing XP farming from the Fed Admirality campaign (if you have a good selection of ships you can easily cap a spec point a day from it alone).
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    If you need a boost, then just continue running through the FED admiralty campaign for exceptionally high experience rewards. You don't have to spend your day grinding it, just keep it up on the background.
    You've got it backwards. You need to FOCUS on your admiralty and use your regular play in episodes, pves, and patrols as a boost. There are some characters that I haven't actually flown in months that have been earning a spec point every 3 days or so.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • batdoodbatdood Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I figured that would probably be the case. Oh well. Thanks.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    For specialization, I'd much rather have 2 sets of actives (space and ground) than the ability to respec.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    If you need a boost, then just continue running through the FED admiralty campaign for exceptionally high experience rewards. You don't have to spend your day grinding it, just keep it up on the background.
    You've got it backwards. You need to FOCUS on your admiralty and use your regular play in episodes, pves, and patrols as a boost. There are some characters that I haven't actually flown in months that have been earning a spec point every 3 days or so.
    If you want to maximize earnings, sure. What I'm saying is that you don't need to do that to proceed at an acceptable (not maximal) rate. Just keep admiralty going in the background and you don't really need to think too critically about spec points. Play what you want, with admiralty, and you'll make enough progress without explicit grinding.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Temporal Recruit, that I started on July 12th, maxed out ALL specs by the beginning of October and have been collecting 2,880 Dilitium per Spec Point since. It's not hard.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The "token" was really needed back when delta grinding came out as there wasn't enough content to level from 50-60 let alone the plethora of extra levels needed to raise a spec.

For new characters it's not quite so bad now as they've added a few more missions and the admiralty thing to the doffs.