test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc is back

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
*looks around frantically* Everybody still here? I saw a white light, and then it was all gone! All gone!

As you may have guessed, there was a hiccup earlier tonight and the arc website went down along with the ability to log in via arc...Which meant there were no forums for me to tell you it was down and we were working on it.

We're back now. Thanks for your patience.

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Arc is back? Wha ya want? A cookie?!?!?
    I had to go whine about stuff on a different forum. It was very disorienting.
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    did had "502 error" message on browser.
    i assumed it was from heavy snowstorm causing some blackouts in some areas.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Eh. I knocked out some dailies on other games and spent some time on Tribble testing.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    When arc was down took me a while to figure out how to play sto without arc.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • docbrown#0652 docbrown Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Yeah! Now I get to deal with more "server not responding" messages. I so can not wait.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Woops, I misread Acc is back.

Nothing to see here I guess.

Bye.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Wait......Arc was down? Didn't even notice......That's probably because I don't use Arc. Neither does 99% of the players I know don't either.

Had to say it. Moving along now.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Snowstorm, what snowstorm? You sure you don't mean a cyclone, dust storm, or sand storm?
    wylonus wrote: »
    did had "502 error" message on browser.
    i assumed it was from heavy snowstorm causing some blackouts in some areas.

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Steam is your friend in such a case of figure.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Wait......Arc was down? Didn't even notice......That's probably because I don't use Arc.

Keyword: arc website.

I have no idea where I went to after the flash. It was a strange and magical journey and I think at one point I became a penguin. But all's good now.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    It gave me more time to play War Thunder!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    Considering I don't (and will never) use ARC; it could be down forever, and I couldn't care less.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Considering I don't (and will never) use ARC; it could be down forever, and I couldn't care less.

You just used Arc to type that you never use Arc...

Arc isn't just the launcher, it's the entire website and forums.
    rmy1081 wrote: »

You just used Arc to type that you never use Arc...

Arc isn't just the launcher, it's the entire website and forums.

It's Cryptic Game launch client. These forums are a modified version of the VBBS software.
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator

It says Arc User next to your name. LOL :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

It says Arc User next to your name. LOL :D

I don't control what Cryptic puts there as a title. I've always and continue to use the Cryptic Launcher that's been around since the original beta of the Atari days. The last thing I need is their ARC bloatware client (that in the end runs the Cryptic Launcher then stays resident in memory with supposed 'other' features I could care less about.
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    arc is some rare device or something i dont even use on all my entire life playing sto
    nexus.jpg

edited March 2017
    I've been sitting here in some wonder at the me-too-ism running through the comments here. It's probably worth repeating that the website was also offline. Care not for arc, you may. But arcgames.com (where you are right now, what I couldn't access during the downtime, and what Kael was joking about) surely counts for something in your lemming hearts.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • docbrown#0652 docbrown Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    Steam is your friend in such a case of figure.

True, I use Steam to login to STO when arc wasn't working.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Only reason I have Arc client if for promo codes. Otherwise I use Steam. But I know some people who go through Arc, and if I can warn them that the Arc client might be acting up, then they can get in via alternate means.

Also... As a Forum Lurker, and I guess by now one of the Forum Sages (@iconians could you confirm that being one of said Sages due to game knowledge), drove me nuts as I typically haunt Ten Forward. Although I did recently come up with an AWESOME Lucina and Yuna cosplay outfits on my main and should update the Cosplay thread in the art section.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i must've slept right through it or something, because i never noticed the website not being available​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited March 2017
    i must've slept right through it or something, because i never noticed the website not being available​​

Yeah, it was later on (US). I was just checking some messages before putting myself into cryo-stasis and the website wasn't accessible. Twitter said why.