test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bottom line , what Mods matter Now for Beams ??

2»

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Per Reddit ( :| )
    With as accurate as you normally are, I hate to state that your accuracy multiplier here is completely incorrect. This likely means that I need to word the implementation better on the ability tooltip.

Fire at Will I does not now have 50% of the chance to hit than it normally does. It now has a numerical -50 Accuracy; in such a way that changing from a weapon with no accuracy to one with [Acc]x4 [Ac/Dm] will always exactly make up for the difference.

This means that absolute worse case for Fire at Will I is that it now misses 33% of the time from exactly 0% of the time. If you were already missing some of the time, this is less severe, and if you had more accuracy than required to always hit the target, it is less severe.
    A stat of 100 Targeting Expertise (from purchasing all 3 nodes on the Skill Tree as an example) is +15% accuracy. Having a stat of 200 Starship Targeting Expertise as such will completely cancel out the penalty to accuracy that Fire at Will III currently on Tribble gives your beam weapons while active.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Per Reddit ( :| )
    With as accurate as you normally are, I hate to state that your accuracy multiplier here is completely incorrect. This likely means that I need to word the implementation better on the ability tooltip.

Fire at Will I does not now have 50% of the chance to hit than it normally does. It now has a numerical -50 Accuracy; in such a way that changing from a weapon with no accuracy to one with [Acc]x4 [Ac/Dm] will always exactly make up for the difference.

This means that absolute worse case for Fire at Will I is that it now misses 33% of the time from exactly 0% of the time. If you were already missing some of the time, this is less severe, and if you had more accuracy than required to always hit the target, it is less severe.
    A stat of 100 Targeting Expertise (from purchasing all 3 nodes on the Skill Tree as an example) is +15% accuracy. Having a stat of 200 Starship Targeting Expertise as such will completely cancel out the penalty to accuracy that Fire at Will III currently on Tribble gives your beam weapons while active.

Saw that.

So I tallied up why it wasn't an issue for me.

Ac/Dm on Epic Weapons
    Targetting Expertise
    Adaptive Targetting II
    Intense Focus

Plenty of other ways to get Acc too. Target Lock batteries.... omg.

• narasil2narasil2 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    cleno wrote: »
    As a new player I have been saving up to Finally Upgrade my weapons this Upgrade Weekend. I have prioritized crtdx3 and dmgx2 [pen] but now the nerf renders them changed at the very least , aka less effective , no way they will be better.
    I am looking for advice not fanbois acc is nerfed and dmg is nerfed.
    So what is the best guess to compensate ? accx2 dmg pen; acc dmgx2 pen; acc crtdx2 pen ??? Change is change , crtdx4 no longer counts dmgx3 pen not longer counts , if you can hit.
    Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I waited for months and saved up Omegas and Phoenix upgrades but now I am clueless in terms of what to do.

3 days ***

"dmg is nerfed, crtdx4 no longer counts dmgx3 pen not longer counts"

Umm where did it say they nerfed dmg and crtD mods? What do you mean they no longer count? They nerfed FAW - that does not mean that dmg x 3 pen is no longer good. I really doubt accuracy is going to be that important post-nerf to the point that it dethrones the current kings. It will probably still be best to have dmg x 3 pen or dmg x 4 and if you want accuracy you can slot accuracy trait or some consoles, deflectors, etc.

If they nerf how often a shiny laser guided bullet hits they've nerfed the bullet without nerfing the shine or the laser guiding.
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I see an opportunity for profit, it doesn't matter as much to me any more than for some so going to put all my rarest Energy Weapon officers with the time reduction on beam special attacks up for sale on the exchange over the weekend to see if I can make a small fortune in ec from nerf countering
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    wisecasper wrote: »
    I see an opportunity for profit, it doesn't matter as much to me any more than for some so going to put all my rarest Energy Weapon officers with the time reduction on beam special attacks up for sale on the exchange over the weekend to see if I can make a small fortune in ec from nerf countering

I've seen some wise price hiking, but also a lot of wishful thinking. I actually expect some to tank considerably when it goes live. I hope folks don't go too crazy investing and get stuck taking a loss.

I know this because I've been liquidating some stuff and it's been flying off the shelf like hot cakes. I'm not complaining though. :)
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    shredder75 wrote: »

I've seen some wise price hiking, but also a lot of wishful thinking. I actually expect some to tank considerably when it goes live. I hope folks don't go too crazy investing and get stuck taking a loss.

I know this because I've been liquidating some stuff and it's been flying off the shelf like hot cakes. I'm not complaining though. :)

You're right about that. I have cleared out all 22 of mine that sold for 30mil each over the last week so I have some extra ec for something nice :smile:
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Doesnt this nerf basically kill the all round build? 17/17/12 Should just go all (27 points) in on Tac tree.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The Devs themselves call it a bug. I'd rather BFAW be weaker in a variety of consistent ways than have it ignore a [mod], creating some of the ridiculous disparity we see in weapon prices on the exchange. Evening out [mods] (and those prices) is definitely on the radar for any balance pass in my little ape-brain.