Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    huijian wrote: »
    primar13 wrote: »
    Deflector Overcharge is not on there
    Respec is probably required. :)
    ABSOLUTELY, skill respec will be a must

Curious if we will get a free one when this goes live?
    Edit, was answered on another page by the Dev. thanks guys.

Let me just ask not to force a respec on us. I know you will, but I'm asking anyway. I have zero desire to respec everyone. Give us a token if you like but don't erase the skills - pretty please.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    "But the rest of the changes seem interesting, I like that Boarding Party gets a bit of a tweak, but in my opinion the change needed most was left out: currently, if the target dies the BP shuttles will cease to function, just sit there - @crypticspartan#0627 I would suggest to let them search for a new target like targetable torpedoes do or make them return to the mothership for a cooldown reduction on each shuttle that returns successfully. I'm also not sure wether the increased speed of shuttles (can't test right now) does reduce the effectiveness of investing in a DOFF that arms the shuttles since their ability to pepper a target with support fire is now reduced. I do like to be able to increase the disable duration, though.​​"

Excellent idea.
    Science Captain powers like Gravity Well have not actually been reduced in net damage from what I hear, because the direct damage reduction is out shined by the change in effect of Aux power levels on the ability which more then makes up for the direct damage reduction, leading to a net damage increase, and that is BEFORE Overcharge Deflector is taken into account.
  • furyan#5289 furyan Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Like wow, these are rad and cool, much needed changes. Love the nerfs to embassy consoles. Finally other consoles, even clickies are relevant. Thank you.
    2 things I have to add, in the spirit of "choice must be relevant" theme that these changes are having.

First Attack Pattern Alpha and Go Down Fighting should only buff weapon damage to actually mean you have choices. If they still buff All Damage then we cant talk of a choice. Its like this: Why should I play a sci to buff my sci powers (with the new Deflector Overcharge skill) or Why should I play an engie to buff my weapons (via new EPS Transfer buff) when I can play a Tac captain and have BOTH sci powers and weapons buffed via APA and GDF???

Second, I think OSS drawback it shaves off the list the usefulness of Intel powers completly. It will kill it :( It was the only intel power worth using anyway. How was it before, there was the choice. Like "I choose to use Engie Team to counter the subsystem shutdown but sacrificing a heal". Now there isnt a choice anymore, since nothing can prevent a subsystem shutdown. Maybe leave ET and disable the iconian set hotstarts for OSS... I get the risk and reward here but nothing to balance is... too much. IMHO there should be at least 1 counter... Like for example the new FAW: It has buffs and drawbacks, but those can be adjusted via +Acc on weapons...

Relax, take a deep breath, and go to your happy place. :)
    "It was the only intel power worth using anyway." This is the real problem, most Intel powers need a buff.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @crypticspartan#0627 a quick question about the scope of this pass:

Are weapon procs and balance of utility between energy damage types and projectile types something that the Devs would consider looking at as part of this pass?

Because while there's one or two that might be a wee bit above the bar, there's also a couple of each that really stink ;). Some small adjustments in magnitude or skill contribution might break down the presumptions of "X flavor damage is best damage" pretty quickly.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Good changes. I hope Destabilising Resonance Beam won't be hit too hard - using this already means that you have to be facing the enemy with the front arc of your ship and most Sci ships only have 3 forward weapon slots so... you're already sacrificing a lot in order to use that.

It's understandable that Subspace Vortex's damage gets reduced as that one is something you just drop off and then don't worry about it anymore - and its damage was already quite high so it should still be useful anyway.

Also, happy with the Hangar Pet changes. I don't really understand why Cannons needed to be slowed down though.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Hmm, sad to hear about DRB and TBR getting the shaft. They really should be in the same boat as SSV and stay same/gain just a little bit at least.

Then I just have problems with DEM, OSS and the weird new 10 seconds only on torpedo buffs. I don't really see the "double dipping" as a problem.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    I look forward to the AMA, it will be important to really grasp Spartans unified vision for the Space rebalance.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I realize that everyone is preoccupied with the balance changes, but I would like to bring two matters to people's attention.

1. Cursor bug Is anyone working on this bug? It breaks almost every text box in the game. A fix would be appreciated.

2. Unannounced graphics changes

This probably escaped most people's notice, but in addition to the balance changes, the March 15th Tribble patch also came with a number of unannounced graphics changes. They changed or removed several graphics options.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Holodeck 03/15/2017: http://imgur.com/a/i01fc
    Tribble 03/15/2017: http://imgur.com/a/BAU1f

I noticed that Starfleet Academy is darker than before. That's probably because the new setting "Bloom quality: On" corresponds to the old setting "Bloom quality: Low". Other maps that depend heavily on bloom for lighting, such as Risa and Nimbus, are probably darker as well; I will have to check later.

I'll probably be starting a new thread about these changes soon.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    nikeix wrote: »
    B:FAW I -- 80% damage; -50% Accuracy
    B:FAW II -- 85% damage; -40% Accuracy
    B:FAW III -- 90% damage; -30% Accuracy

That's... dramatic.

Only at low levels. I haven't seen FAW3 miss once on Tribble, largely because nearly every NPC moves at a snails pace. Didn't even miss EPTE using spheres. To be honest I doubt many will notice the changes unless they are using a parser.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    nikeix wrote: »
    Fire at Will:
    •Now has a slight damage penalty and accuracy penalty at each rank

Ok, full disclosure: I'm a dark highlord of the super sekrit council of 'Nerf BFAW NAO', but I'm gonna say it - You and I do not use the word 'slight' in even remotely the same way :smirk:.

B:FAW I -- 80% damage; -50% Accuracy
    B:FAW II -- 85% damage; -40% Accuracy
    B:FAW III -- 90% damage; -30% Accuracy

That's... dramatic.

I would still like to see a portion of the accuracy penalty only apply to small targets (hangar pets/destructible projectiles). I feel like that would do a better job of emphasizing the value of point defense tools and leverages existing Traits like Precise (+25% Accuracy vs. Small Targets).

That's more than dramatic, that's insane.

Presume Beam Fire At Will 2. Presume the skill does not lock out Accuracy buffs.

You need Accuracyx2 on your weapon.
    You need the Nukara Particle Converter.
    And you need 10% from skill points to counter the accuracy. That's a LOT.

And it's looking at the wrong half of the problem. Encounters are often swarms rather than one big ship. All too often you need to SHOOT EVERYTHING NOW. And there are often VERY limited amounts of Tactical slots on a ship to use on a beam modifier. So Fire At Will becomes that important simply out of necessity-it's one of only a few pieces of area damage we have. Beam Overload would have to be absolutely monstrous in it's power, to kill quickly enough to offset the requirement to SHOOT EVERYTHING NOW.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Sneaky nerf:

He says subsystem targeting drain now stacks in the patch notes. Forgets to mention he nerfed that drain to the ground in the process. Why even touch something people ignore and don't use the II and III version of?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since Accuracy is heading downward on BFAW it becomes less useful against small objects. Since you are now making the Automated Defense Turret available to everyone in the Phoenix Prize Packs, either make them upgradeable or set them to Epic and buff them appropriately.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Sneaky nerf:

He says subsystem targeting drain now stacks in the patch notes. Forgets to mention he nerfed that drain to the ground in the process. Why even touch something people ignore and don't use the II and III version of?

wish people like you that dont understand game mechanics would shut up and quit whinging about everything you don't comprehend

I may not be Lucho's greatest fan and I tend to disagree with him frequently but he does know his stuff.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Sneaky nerf:

@lucho80

the previous subsystem targeting was a 1 hit drain. The new one stacks per weapon hitting like how leech works. It also has a 15 second global, meaning you can keep an almost 100% uptime with two copies of target subsystem. It's way better now.
    edited March 2017

wish people like you that dont understand game mechanics would shut up and quit whinging about everything you don't comprehend

I understand drain mechanics perfectly my friend. It's all I've done, all the time, every day, for the past 4 years. You're mighty confident Mr. 265 posts.
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    the previous subsystem targeting was a 1 hit drain. The new one stacks per weapon hitting like how leech works. It also has a 15 second global, meaning you can keep an almost 100% uptime with two copies of target subsystem. It's way better now.

Ok, if it has 100% uptime now, then I remove my complaint. Didn't realize he removed one annoying sci-ish (tac really) shared cooldown. Now if he only removed the last annoying one.... Hint hint: GW and Tyken's

Ok, if it has 100% uptime now, then I remove my complaint. Didn't realize he removed one annoying sci-ish (tac really) shared cooldown. Now if he only removed the last annoying one.... Hint hint: GW and Tyken's

yeah, I think you just need to play around with this stuff a bit more. I know I need to. What's funny is, since it's per weapon, the ship that gets the best out of target subsystems will probably be the science scimitar since it has 5 science consoles and 8 weapons lol.

yeah, I think you just need to play around with this stuff a bit more. I know I need to. What's funny is, since it's per weapon, the ship that gets the best out of target subsystems will probably be the science scimitar since it has 5 science consoles and 8 weapons lol.

FYI, there isn't 100% uptime for a duplicate same subsystem targeting. Example: Tgt Weapons I and III. 30 sec cooldown on duplicates.

• tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

I can confirm i'm seeing similar number changes on my build too.

Aux 123/100, same build on both servers, EPG 596.

GW3: 2854.7 -> 4185.2

SSV3: 5292.1 -> 5580.3

DRB2: 2654.1 -> 1381.7

So DRB is getting hit bad but the others seem to be looking pretty good and that boost to GW is massive. Basically those slotting GW etc for a little bit of extra fun will see a drop in damage but anyone who is investing heavily into it will be reaping the benefits of a massive increase. That's how it should always have worked.

Not sure what is up with DRB though? Why the decrease?

I wonder if it's something similar to why GW got a buff, some power scaling or similar. My sci who I used for the numbers can get back about half the difference on TBR/DRB while under Overcharge 3, but he was already focusing more on the Checkmate/Control Amp/GW3/SSV3 opener. A 12km GW3 with this magnitude of buff, backed by those other perks,should be able to still clear out most of a Tholian RA.

FYI, there isn't 100% uptime for a duplicate same subsystem targeting. Example: Tgt Weapons I and III. 30 sec cooldown on duplicates.

Good to know. I was only testing the built in SST on my science ships.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I realize that everyone is preoccupied with the balance changes, but I would like to bring two matters to people's attention.

1. Cursor bug Is anyone working on this bug? It breaks almost every text box in the game. A fix would be appreciated.

Added note: there is no cursor in the text box in that Log In Screen....just a highlight on the box. Until you type something...then the cursor shows up. So, it is weird.

Launcher has a blinking cursor in a highlighted text box....before you start typing in it.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    The Plasma proc on Weapon Signature Nullifiers and Amplifiers from the Fleet Embassy no longer bypasses shields, has had its damage reduced to 25% of what it was previously, and now procs per cycle instead of per shot.

lol - they should change the description to "Weapon Signature Nullifiers and Amplifiers - sell to vendor for scrap immediately!"

I guess I'll switch to the epg + control ones and that's fine - not too hard to upgrade.

Good to hear reports on GW sad to hear about TBR.

I think the idea was to take it away and then give it back for a few seconds with the deflector overcharge. So that you'll be able to do a good grav well then have to do a bad one while waiting for deflector recharge. And... I don't know why this nerf was necessary....

oh wait I do - there's obviously a plan to add more pvp to console so they felt they needed to nerf the scary and spooky science for that new pvp. OK whatever. Just leave GW alone now and we be cool.

Save for the fact that GW at all ranks, independent of Overcharge, is seeing a buff. If I had to hazard a guess (since I know entity-based exotic used to/still does lack proper benefits from crit stats while TBR/DRB don't), I'd say that those 2 took the hit they did to reduce the ceiling on how far up tac captains can drive their crits in pvp, especially since TBR is harder to evade than GW.

Good to know. I was only testing the built in SST on my science ships.

Sucks though. Still no real incentive to me using subsystem targeting II or III. I'm better off slotting TS3 and spraying a quantum phase shield drain to make my target suffer.

Still not happy about how Deflector Overcharge does the same thing every other sci boost does. Treat heals and part gens as the sci darlings and treat drains and control as the black sheep of the sci builds.

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Sneaky nerf:

I may not be Lucho's greatest fan and I tend to disagree with him frequently but he does know his stuff.

No he doesn't. I haven't seen one post in here that shows he is capable of it

Let me guess...just some pewpew newb who wants everyone to hurt since his precious FaW got nerfed...and you don't like people who know what they're talking about and try to bring actual balance to the game...since all you want is pewpewpew?

For as long as I can remember on here Lucho has been all about the Science...you saying he doesn't know anything either proves how ignorant you are towards the game and its mechanics...or how much you hate anything other than your precious pewpew.
  • narasil2narasil2 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    If plasmonic leech wasn't working as intended why did you wait seven years and let players spend absurd amounts of money and resources on it then? They weren't spending millions of EC for a +6, you know it and I know it. So don't pretend that this isn't a huge deal and YOUR fault, because both are true.

Saying something to the effect of "you should have known better" when EVERYONE you asked said to get a leech to up your DPS (yes that means YOU too) it was NEVER about drain. This is blaming AND punishing the victim here.