test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulas Radiation Scan is stupid, increase reward and remove cap.

m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
The Radiation scan only give 30 marks for freaking 300 radiation report. That takes a long time and you can just do the PVE to get 130+ Romulan marks.
The rewards for scanning 300 should be buff to 500 to around 800 Romulan marks instead of just 30 marks. It takes a long time to get to 300 radiation reports esp the fact that the scan report is capped at 11 radiation report.

No matter how fast I tried to scan it is rigged to stay below 500 score with the highest being around 340-375 score most of the time. Even if you get 400+ it is 11 radiation report no matter how high you score. Radiation spawn takes forever on New Romulas. I'm doing the daily mission with only 5 places will only reward a total of 55 marks per scan. This excludes the patrol missions.

Suggestion: As for patrol missions. It would be nice to have a daily patrol mission given out in Earth Spacedock or Klingon being randomized through out the system.

or maybe based on sectors per docking station starting from DS9.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    Nothing on New Romulus is worth doing except the reputation tier 5 mission if you are mini-maxing marks.

If you want to have fun, everything on New Romulus is worth doing at least once.
  • Options
    m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    No the radiation scan is not capped at 500, I break 700 regularly, and no it does not need changed.

Is there an item to help you scan super fast? Is the radiation report still 11?
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    There is no score cap, only a time limit. I can score above 900 from time to time which rewards 30 radiation reports. However, due to the amount of time necessary to get all 300 reports, it is generally not worth the effort for only 30 Romulan marks without the daily bonus. There is nothing the can help you score higher, it is all based on skill.

Recently I decided to do some Dilithium grinding on New Romulus because a couple of the missions are fairly quick and easy for me to complete. Specifically The Atlai and Hwael Ruins which I can complete in about 6 minutes each. Also a nice change of pace for the moment since no combat is involved. Both rewards 720 Dil and 20 Romulan marks. Adding in the daily 320 Dil bonus and 55 Romulan marks, those two missions combined rewards me with 1,760 Dil and 95 Romulan marks in about 12 minutes.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I've reached upwards of over 900 on the scanning. It's only timed, not capped. What your score is, is based on how fast you line up the orange/green lines. I only cap at under 700 if my computer is lagging.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    echatty wrote: »
    I've reached upwards of over 900 on the scanning. It's only timed, not capped. What your score is, is based on how fast you line up the orange/green lines. I only cap at under 700 if my computer is lagging.

But overall, it is no worth the effort. Even consistently scoring at least 900 to get 30 radiation reports means scan radiation patches 10 times. That takes 10 minutes to do excluding the time involved to find the radiation patches on the map. Which is what I did before making my post above. While I didn't bother to time it, at the very least it took 15 minutes, but I am pretty sure it took closer to 20 minutes to do.

Within 20 minutes I could complete the missions for The Staging Area, The Atlai and Hwael Ruins. Taking into consideration the daily Romulan Mark bonus of 55 marks and the daily dilithium bonus on New Romulus of 320 Dil, the total reward would be 115 Romulan Marks and 2,480 Dil.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, agreed. I don't do the radiation scans much unless I'm already there doing other stuff and have time to kill. I was just adding to the posts that tell the OP the point score isn't capped, it's based on how fast one lines up the lines in the allotted time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    preikopreiko Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    you can save time when you close the window as soon 700+ points are reached
    because you save 10 to 15 seconds every time
    and everything over 700 points = 30 Radiation Reports
    is very weired ...
    800 = 31 Radiation Reports
    900 = 32 Radiation Reports
    1000 = 33 Radiation Reports