test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Dilithium exchange...

The way that information in the Dilithium exchange is presented can be a bit confusing. I had been looking in the exchange and wondering why I didn't have the option to buy any of the Zen offers listed despite it looking to me like I have more than enough Dilithium to meet the price. Note, I am aware now that I was actually mistaken about having enough Dilithium and that is where my confusion stems from.

The way it is current set up with just the Price and available quantity columns is what caused my confusion. I erroneously thought that the number in the price column was the total cost for the number of Zen listed in the Available Quantity Column. It took me a while to realize that the price is only the cost for a single unit of the total Zen quantity shown in the next column. The smallest amount showed a few thousand Zen at a price of a few hundred Dilithium. I had upwards of 1,000 units of Dilithium by that point, so to me it looked like I should be able to buy that listing and then some.

When I realized that the price is for just one, I had to take my calculator and manually calculate the actual cost. Suffice it to say that I was shocked to discover that the few thousand Zen listed would cost an amount of Dilithium that is in the hundreds of thousands. It would have been less of a shock if that info was displayed up front and I didn't have to calculate it myself.

I would propose to Cryptic that they add a third column in the exchange, one that shows the combined total cost in Dilithium for the amount of Zen listed. They could also just change the price field to show what the total cost for the whole amount is instead of the cost for a single Zen.

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    If you type the amount of dilithium you intend to sell in the third box (with the correct market price entered in the second box) you can see exactly how much zen you will get in exchange (first box).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The Dil Exchange will calculate the amount of refined Dil you will need depending on the amount of Zen you wish to purchase and the amount of refined Dil you are willing to spend per Zen. There are two fields where you enter amounts:

ZEN to buy - This is where you enter the amount of Zen you wish to purchase.

Dilithium per ZEN - This defaults to 25, so 25 refined Dil per Zen. The current going rate is about 250. However, you can enter any number in this field, but only 25 to 500 are valid numbers. If you are only willing to spend 225 refined Dil per Zen, then you enter that amount.

Total Dilithium to sell - This field displays the amount of refined Dil you need to have to buy the Zen you want which multiplies the above two fields.

If you currently have enough refined Dil, then the Submit Offer To Buy button will be green. If you do not have enough refined Dil, or you use an invalid number in the Dilithium per Zen field, then the button will be greyed out.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    OP is new to the game and odds are a Console player. Dilth Exchange doesn't need another column it's fine and has worked quite well for years.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    @Op. The exchange works like pretty every other exchange out there in the world. i.e. real money exchanges, like wallstreet. So the issue isn't how it's presented but that you're simply not familiar with it. Think of it as a learning experience as it will show you how things work in the "real" world.