test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rebalance needs a real damage, healing, tanking review like neverwinter does at end of PVE.

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Seems like a good end of mission damage, healing, tanking review would help this rebalance a lot. Neverwinter does this very well. More data for players. Parsers don't work at long distance on some maps. And console players don't have any parser I am aware of.

Edit: I agree with comments. Make it option in menu so it does not popup by default.
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    STO is 99% a solo player game so forcing the stock MMO triad into combat makes no sense.

It also is not canon for Trekm though neither is flying a Tholian Tarantula.
  • tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Ok. Make it click window, so it is not forced.
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    Um No.....this game is too casual.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    It's really too late for that... this kind of change would require fundamentally altering nearly all the games mechanics. I don't think they have the man power to do this and they would alienate the playerbase.
    Tza0PEl.png
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Um No.....this game is too casual.
    Please elaborate. Is this extra info in conflict with casual nature?
    edited March 2017
    nikephorus wrote: »
    It's really too late for that... this kind of change would require fundamentally altering nearly all the games mechanics. I don't think they have the man power to do this and they would alienate the playerbase.
    I see, might cause more harm than good. Parser is always available. What about console players. No parser. Maybe make this an option they have to turn on in menu?

Not sure I buy the technical reason of fundamentally altering game mechanics. Combat logging has been around for long time.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Hmm, I think I misunderstood your post -- they are doing a balance review, it sounded like you wanted them to force the trinity on us as part of that.

Based on the new first post it sounds like you just wanted a summary report (like a combat log reader) not re-writing the combat mechanics.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Seems like a good end of mission damage, healing, tanking review would help this rebalance a lot. Neverwinter does this very well. More data for players. Parsers don't work at long distance on some maps. And console players don't have any parser I am aware of.

Edit: I agree with comments. Make it option in menu so it does not popup by default.

I doubt I would bother reading it too close. BECAUSE....I have played Neverwinter with their pop up thing at the end of the mission...I barely read the darn thing. It was just something to brush out the way.

And I think most people would do the same...who cares? Mission is done.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin