test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NERF Everything!

For those naive enough who thought ground was the only stuff to be nerfed 2 weeks ago....now you have it on SPACE.

New policy: NERF everything...including FUN!

Oops they did it again!

tumblr_mheqkagOpf1qihp55o1_250.gif

Comments

• bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    More like...

tumblr_n1fqupSjkJ1ttwc1to1_500.gif
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Cool GIFS to commemorate the occasion!
    Remember the good old days...DR Best Ever and players Do Love it B)

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Yes, we need more silly threads on the balance changes. MORE! MORE!

This thread is fully Justified (... and ancient)

https://youtu.be/RPjggN-KByI
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Changes mean nothing to the good players. We will always adapt and overcome.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Sadly I suspect many will fail to read the blog beyond the segment that refers to BFAW

Sadly... I have to agree with this. Unless it boosts DPS, people seem to call DOOOOOM!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    For those naive enough who thought ground was the only stuff to be nerfed 2 weeks ago....now you have it on SPACE.

Has nothing to do with being naive. Has everything to do with the ability to read. It was already announced that space re-balancing would be done after the ground changes were made.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If you had actually read the announcement you would know that many things are getting much needed buffs.

So yeah, this basically.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    They made it very clear from the start that ground would be first, space second. This is no suprise at all.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Sadly I suspect many will fail to read the blog beyond the segment that refers to BFAW

You mean there is more to the game than just BFAW?
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Can I say....

53529697.jpg
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

...but the first goal on the news page says "Increase the fun". Are you telling me that nerfs don't lead to more fun? :o
    Tza0PEl.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

...but the first goal on the news page says "Increase the fun". Are you telling me that nerfs don't lead to more fun? :o

1letan_zpsqwmybc13.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    This isn't "tactical dps trek online" anymore... so u mad bro?
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    tremere12 wrote: »

...it's not? Please tell us more.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User

What are you on, I'd love to try a little if you think anything in this update will close the gap between Sci and Eng vs Tac.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    I dunno, I see more buffs than nerfs

unless you are a SCI captain, but even that change could be a buff in disguise.

BFAW had it coming for a long time. SO if you are upset about that...
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

So much fun yeah...cant contain no more...

no-fun_o_1579145.jpg

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

What are you on, I'd love to try a little if you think anything in this update will close the gap between Sci and Eng vs Tac.

Sadly I have to agree. The buffs currently listed for Engineers are minor. We'll have to wait for the patch notes for more details. I'm confident they'll be making more changes.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User

Oops they did it again!

Not everything, only YOUR stuff. :open_mouth:
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    lianthelia wrote: »

Sadly I have to agree. The buffs currently listed for Engineers are minor. We'll have to wait for the patch notes for more details. I'm confident they'll be making more changes.

Yup...what is really funny is they buffed Sci more than Eng...when Eng really needs some space love.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Just stick a nice clicky counter for feedback pulse in there like everything else and I will be a happy camper.
    Honestly to my mind its a global change to everyone who uses those skills but its for everyone not just me. I dont care about some people going from 200k - 150k dps.
    I'm not in the least bit worried or concerned so long as I can still melt many things in PVE, and I'm sure I will.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    As one who does not use BFAW (BO is my thing), and as a TAC who commands primarily cruisers, and carriers, it seems as if
    these changes will be more of a benefit than a detraction.

BCW :)
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    DUDE, they said they were going to do space when they did ground. So it's not like we didn't know it was coming. And MANY things got a buff. Yes, BFAW FINALLY got nerfed. But BO is now not useless. Engineers got a much needed boost. Torps got a boost. Carriers got a boost. So if this is your defination of nerf EVERYTHING...then I say bring it on. They need to do this more often.

Cold,

No need to bring logic into it. If it isn't on the first page of the forums, no one remembers. (unless it is those thanatophilia peeps.)
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    DUDE, they said they were going to do space when they did ground. So it's not like we didn't know it was coming. And MANY things got a buff. Yes, BFAW FINALLY got nerfed. But BO is now not useless. Engineers got a much needed boost. Torps got a boost. Carriers got a boost. So if this is your defination of nerf EVERYTHING...then I say bring it on. They need to do this more often.

Cold,

No need to bring logic into it. If it isn't on the first page of the forums, no one remembers. (unless it is those thanatophilia peeps.)

Especially not someone starting an "I told you so" thread. No need for them to remember that Cryptic told us so first.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User

What if my fun is watching folks cry about nerfs?
    then they managed to increase MY FUN!

I'm having LOTS of FUN!

Your tears fuel my Warp Core and I'm at Warp 9.99 baby!
    (on second thought, don't cry anymore...I don't want to change into a newt and mate with Captain Janeway)

• merlinofliramerlinoflira Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Changes mean nothing to the good players. We will always adapt and overcome.

Yes, we will adapt to each new nerf and bug that comes out in the game.

• merlinofliramerlinoflira Member Posts: 55 Arc User

Oops they did it again!

tumblr_mheqkagOpf1qihp55o1_250.gif

The game stop being fun a long time ago.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Closing this - OP failed to be constructive and this only incites the forum flames.
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.