test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What carrier pets really need is extra speed

Like the title says. Even without speed buffs, I often outfly them. I even skipped on the speeds buffs just so they'd stay within range. Pets should really, really, really geet higher flight speed, especially if they get say, at greater than 15km range from your ship for some reason.

Comments

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    We will see. My qulash frigates are always shooting at "?" core and/or destroyed by the giant valves around them. Their AI needs a turbo charge not just some touch up.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a "LAND GORRAM FRACKING NOW!!!!" command, myself...

Well... they are revamping the carrier commands too so you might just get your wish.

So... launch pets, order them to return to ship, head to destination, then scramble for max fun!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rocwNg05FL4
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    thibash wrote: »
    Like the title says. Even without speed buffs, I often outfly them. I even skipped on the speeds buffs just so they'd stay within range. Pets should really, really, really geet higher flight speed, especially if they get say, at greater than 15km range from your ship for some reason.
    When your Universe/Valkis/Durgath-class heavy dreadnought outruns your interceptors and frigates, something is definitely off.
  • tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I think if you outrun your pets they should auto-recall to their hangars. I don't know how many drones and/or lone pilots I left out in the depths of space.
  • tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I would like to see a tight formation command. Maybe add this to intercept command, so pets stay 1 km range while matching your heading and speed. exception might be control effects like grav-well.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a "LAND GORRAM FRACKING NOW!!!!" command, myself...

Well... they are revamping the carrier commands too so you might just get your wish.
    [...]

That's not in the blog. What's your source?
    blog wrote:
    Have received updated AI to be more responsive.

It is in the blog. Open to interpretation, however Carrier Commands do have an impact on how pets behave. So hopefully that does mean the commands themselves will be getting touched up.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Either way, more responsive is more responsive.
  • tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I would like to see a tight formation command. Maybe add this to intercept command, so pets stay 1 km range while matching your heading and speed. exception might be control effects like grav-well.

Scratch my idea, I like this one. :)
    I like the idea of pets forming up around you in Intercept Mode, match heading and speed and only move to intercept within a 10k radius
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Hangar pets should have no problem with keeping up with the mothership... as someone above said, when a Heavy Dread outruns the frigates something is Way off, also Id like to see recall as an instant effect...except when you are in combat, that seems too OP but out of combat, beam them into the hangar bays.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Their speed does need an increase as well in addition to whatever attempted fixes are being done to their AI and responsiveness. Just today was in the Breach adv with a Sarr Theln on an alien rom-kdf engineer with stock pets and they fell behind during impulse and actually vanished completely, never to reappear, along with their star rankings.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    Their speed does need an increase as well in addition to whatever attempted fixes are being done to their AI and responsiveness. Just today was in the Breach adv with a Sarr Theln on an alien rom-kdf engineer with stock pets and they fell behind during impulse and actually vanished completely, never to reappear, along with their star rankings.

Well... Breach does have that speed boost in the trench, which I think only affects players so... not exactly the best to use pets on in the first place.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    We will see. My qulash frigates are always shooting at "?" core and/or destroyed by the giant valves around them. Their AI needs a turbo charge not just some touch up.

I don't see it as a problem since many players shoot at the "?" as well.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It would be nice if they revamped the "launch hanger-pet" command on carriers to both launch the pets, but also those active pets that are outside of a certain distance are auto-teleported to the carrier.