test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can not get passed Cryptic loading screen since 3/10/17 patch

After installing the 3/10/17 patch, the game does not want to go past the Cryptic loading screen. The bar on the bottom does nothing. Please fix the game.

Comments

• jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Ok, so I was able to get the game working again. Had to restart my pc. Never thought of doing that since I never had issues with past patch updates,
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    for crashing and freezing issues ,from launcher options - check save mode - load the game and find MY first post in this topic http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12926806?
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Yeah, I am having the same issue.

I have already tried rebooting my machine to no avail. Launcher pops up, I have to enter my password (which I never had to do before), it says that it is patching ( I don't know why)......Aaaaaaaaaaaaand then it does nothing.
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    And, by the by, I'm running Win 10 and Directx 12, and the game ran fine for months until this update. In fact, none of my Cryptic games are currently functioning with the same problem across the board.
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    I'm having a similar problem now for the last day. After I engage from the loader the cryptic screen comes up and the bar gets about 15% before crashing to desktop with the crash reporter. I have tried through both ARC and steam and in safe mode, full screen and windowed. I was running a windows update download during the last crash and when it crashed it caused that download to fail giving the reason as my computer was turned off? Although for the last fortnight ingame I have been experiencing mouse signal problems for example where you drag something into the exchange and the item selection menu drops down as if you had clicked again after releasing the mouse button. Wasn't doing it in any other of my games. Please fix, I love the game and today will be only the 8th day in the last 3 years that i've not been able to login and play
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Ok, I deleted the whole game and did a fresh install, which fixed the issue.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada