test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how are people using costume parts that are not in the character creator?

here is a picture of a character someone made:

[Naming & shaming part of the post removed]

that is not just a "good copy" of the Sulu NPC, it is using parts that arent in the character creator.

For example that hairstyle is not in the character creator, and is only on the Sulu NPC.

the same goes for that face(base complextion).

my question is how are people using parts from the "star" TOS NPCs that arent available in the character creator?
Post edited by jodarkrider on

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    No I dont know but the toon looks weird somehow.

Could it be an alien? I have a few of those. Making them look human works and offers some aditional and interesting options.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    The OP is talking about his hair!
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    br4ed44386.jpg
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    OP you do know there was a BOFF pack that you could only get at Vegas Con last year right? I have one and it has Spock, Sulu, Chekov, Rand, Uhuhra, Scotty and McCoy. You can rename them IIRC. I didn't as I like having the TOS crew as my landing party.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    OP you do know there was a BOFF pack that you could only get at Vegas Con last year right? I have one and it has Spock, Sulu, Chekov, Rand, Uhuhra, Scotty and McCoy. You can rename them IIRC. I didn't as I like having the TOS crew as my landing party.

In that picture, the captain is Sulu not a boff. The center figure is the captain.

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    People having been hacking the tailor for years...it's nothing new.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

In that picture, the captain is Sulu not a boff. The center figure is the captain.

Yeah I was fuzzed brained when I posted that had not had my coffee yet. LOL LLAP
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I say just make the hair of other factions usable for all.
    Romulans got some awesome hairs other factions could use nicely.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Hax. Just like the tailed trills in bikinis.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I thought they disabled the hacks for tailor, wasn't it a list of commands you could type in ?.

I'd love to more customization for alien characters like allowing tails/cat ears ect.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I thought they disabled the hacks for tailor, wasn't it a list of commands you could type in ?.

I'd love to more customization for alien characters like allowing tails/cat ears ect.

Because there were so many Neko anime girls in Star Trek? :p
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    there some bugs on taylor like a post i made earlier sometimes the taylor show me some option for change my borg bridge officer clothes but dont let me save outfit and show me other options check this pictures

1_zpsjyw4lj0z.jpg

7_zps6sya19em.jpg

10_zpsm3mx2sr1.jpg

also let use part from other races clothes but like say before is a bug come random times

nexus.jpg

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They only disabled the widely publicized ones.
    Me too.
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Me too.

Okay, I am asking for my own curiosity, but why is there seem to be an obsession with cats in this community? I see this request a lot so I am just wondering.

sstosig2.png
  • Options
    walligig wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    Me too.

Okay, I am asking for my own curiosity, but why is there seem to be an obsession with cats in this community? I see this request a lot so I am just wondering.

Because the internet is for cats.​​

True true, I can't argue with that, but don't we have 2 Cat races already in the game?
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    dont worry, curiosity may kill you (LOL).
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Hey @stoleviathan999#6673 . You are hereby asked to remove My Screenshots from your imgur account, as you've reposted them without even bothering to ask for permission.

That's the bottom two from the TOS Crew group

While your opinions, though clearly unfounded and incredibly stupid are yours to have, I believe it constitutes naming and shaming to include your initial stolen screenshot out of it's original context, especially without blacking out the Fleet Name present, especially when joined with your various accusations.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    rahhmi wrote: »
    Hey @stoleviathan999#6673 . You are hereby asked to remove My Screenshots from your imgur account, as you've reposted them without even bothering to ask for permission.

While your opinions, though clearly unfounded and incredibly stupid are yours to have, I believe it constitutes naming and shaming to include your initial stolen screenshot out of it's original context, especially without blacking out the Fleet Name present, especially when joined with your various accusations.

you dont own screenshots taken of someone elses game so no i dont remove them.

and i didnt name any player or any fleet in my post. a fleet patch is not even a name because more than one fleets have same patch.

you identified yourself with the exploiters by posting about it but thas nto my fault.

Actually, by giving the name of the ship and the fleet in the screen shot, you did technically violate the 'naming and shaming' policy.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

and i didnt name any player or any fleet in my post. a fleet patch is not even a name because more than one fleets have same patch.

you identified yourself with the exploiters by posting about it but thas nto my fault.

To be fair, you can see the Fleet name right below location: Risa.

sstosig2.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »

To be fair, you can see the Fleet name right below location: Risa.

Yep, and this same poster plastered the same screenshot in another thread, where I also warned him about naming and shaming. This guy seems to have a bizarre obsessive hate-on for this other player, and it's not appropriate. Someone call a moderator?​​

Yeah, odd that he's so interested in policing everyone else while simultaneously ignoring the rules himself.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    but thas nto my fault.

e6dabce4b2.jpg
    https://puu.sh/uEpd3/d11cf09e73.jpg

I wouldn't say it's "just a screenshot". As mentioned in Your Reddit Thread on the same Topic, Answers have been given to you already.

Also note that the top screenshot on your linked Imgur that you're using as proof (The one that obviously isn't done by me) was posted to Reddit by my good friend Gio, a valued member of Starfleet Dental, U.S.S. Starchaser, and what's left of SadPandas.. He also goes on various tongue-in-cheek "anti-dental rants" on his post which are quite amusing.

With that clue, you might wanna research everyone posting screenshots of legit looking TOS crews, and ask yourself if that's what people are seeing or if they're just seeing That one guy's Aliengen Clones that you already linked, which people are claiming look just like the actors.

d11cf09e73.jpg

Edit: Ah, the power of DemoRecord.
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    Also note that the top screenshot on your linked Imgur that you're using as proof (The one that obviously isn't done by me) was posted to Reddit by my good friend Gio, a valued member of Starfleet Dental, U.S.S. Starchaser, and what's left of SadPandas..

Edit: Ah, the power of DemoRecord.

Gio checking in...

This^^, yeah. There's several DemoRecord tools that allow a lot of customization of images, even substituting character models and replacing with others such as the TOS crew.

Now I'm not going into detail with how that screenshot was achieved, but what I see here that I do not like and that got me to post after a year or more of forum inactivity (hey, i thought i was permabanned, lol) is shaming our fleet (Starchaser) and calling us "hackers" on the basis of a screenshot that anyone with little photoshop skills and a Sulu Boff could recreate.

Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    danwaiganddanwaigand Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Simple steps to replicate my truly legit Sulu login screen.
    1. Get a STO account with a foundry character (research how to do this)
    2. Log into your foundry character.
    3. Make a test map, go into a ground mission.
    4. Enable "godmode" via the ui, so the server accepts level 3 commands.
    5. Enable the Console via the chatbox.
    6. Change your model to an NPC model (you can steal these from Demorecord files containing said npc)
    7. push.. (for me it's the B key) ...to move the character to your camera origin so you know you have the right character selected.
      (it should be the one you changed, i havent figured out how to target someone else)
    8. ....in this case, sulu is "Tos_Human_Lieutenant_Sulu_M_01"
    9. Use the console to force yourself to the login screen.
    10. Your loginscreen will now make you look like the character you made yourself into (but you can't actually login or leave it)
    11. Close your client, and repeat the process to become someone else.

unlike Rahhmi, I encourage you to repost my screenshot or any other trash I add to twitter, and am highly amused at how silly you look every time you do it, especially considering the plethora of WTF moments i've put on there! XD
This discussion has been closed.