test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] 26th Century Dreadnought R&D Promotion!

Comments

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I so hope this is an ultimate 'april fools' troll..... if not I seriously worry that this game wont be here next year... cause releasing something this stupid oversized screams 'bad juju'

that said, scaled down to sale that Valkis is sexy
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    For a comparison:
    20161101120551_1.jpg

Well, that's just insane.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @rimmarie

It aint april.
    I was hoping they made a mistake and got the date wrong
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    The art is beautiful. I'm just disappointed in the business decisions that prevent such desirable canon elements from being purchased outright by the player's.

Another observation. These ships are Tier 6. I'm rather surprised the Tier 7 cap wasn't opened for these.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    gxv4 wrote: »
    Whats next?

gNV7X3P.png

I laughed.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    The art is beautiful. I'm just disappointed in the business decisions that prevent such desirable canon elements from being purchased outright by the player's.

Another observation. These ships are Tier 6. I'm rather surprised the Tier 7 cap wasn't opened for these.

They probably need time to come up with a suitable gimmick to make T7 worth it. They kinda spent everything on the whole "passive stats and trait" in addition to the Spec and extra Boff seat. A single extra console slot or weapon slot probably wouldn't be enough to get people to want to trade in their T6's as that's even less of a jump compared to T5->T6.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I'm kind of curious what their idea of a "Light Dreadnought" is.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm kind of curious what their idea of a "Light Dreadnought" is.

*warps in*

Death_star1.png

*Turns the hand crank to start he impulse engine.. put put put put put*
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    sigh... this is stupid. Ships are way too big.
    Romulan one is pretty, if kinda obvious shaped.
    KDF is a stretch limo of the Bortas.
    Fed one, eh, front view reminds me of a whale shark's gaping mouth...

Unless Cryptic is going to fix the camera issues we have now, these will probably be sitting outside ESD/Qo'nos/DS9 just for the 'envy me!!!!' more than taken into combat.

Stats will be interesting to see. If these things turn anywhere near the speed of a Galaxy class then we have a problem! And for such big ships... better have 10 (or more) weapon hardpoints! :D
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Renegade Borg ships next please.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    sigh... this is stupid. Ships are way too big.
    Romulan one is pretty, if kinda obvious shaped.
    KDF is a stretch limo of the Bortas.
    Fed one, eh, front view reminds me of a whale shark's gaping mouth...

Unless Cryptic is going to fix the camera issues we have now, these will probably be sitting outside ESD/Qo'nos/DS9 just for the 'envy me!!!!' more than taken into combat.

Stats will be interesting to see. If these things turn anywhere near the speed of a Galaxy class then we have a problem! And for such big ships... better have 10 (or more) weapon hardpoints! :D

My opinion of these 26th century ships:

C26 Romulan Ship - Much Better than the other romulan ships
    C26 KDF Ship - Finally we get a ship that doesn't look like TRIBBLE
    C26 Federation Ship - *sigh* Overkill much Cryptic

In the end I'll probably gonna go and try to get that federation monstrosity.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I like the Federation & Klingon designs. The Romulan design seems underwhelming to me. 26th century ships skins, T6, with pretty good aesthetics but their true value will be revealed with the statistics & starship traits. I hope Cryptic didn't go with generic bridges for them.

I wont be gambling my Zen away with those R&D packs, good luck to those that do, since I have not got into the R&D facet yet, & based upon my Phoenix Prize Pack luck I am not encouraged at all. The guaranteed 10 Lobi is nice but geez even old Lobi items are over-priced.

If those had been sold as a cross-faction pack then definitely a heavy contender for purchase sale or no sale.

Good luck to any that try their luck!
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User

They really should make these ships (Alliance Canon ships) available in the C-Store even if they do cost a few hundred to a thousand dollars to buy one that is an account-wide unlock.

That being said, I still go back to my opinion on my first post:
    velqua wrote: »
    WORST IDEA EVER!!!

Those ships should not even be playable in the game. That's not to say I don't like them; Enterprise-J is a nice ship, and it's great that we had a chance to see it in-game, but these future ships need to stay in the future. They are too big and too advanced for the 25th Century; not to mention, it feels like the current timeline is becoming corrupted and polluted with these ships.

Seriously, what's next!? Playable Tactical Borg Cube? Playable Dyson Sphere? The game might not be ending, but with the release of these types of ships, one does begin to wonder.

I so hope this is an ultimate 'april fools' troll..... if not I seriously worry that this game wont be here next year... cause releasing something this stupid oversized screams 'bad juju'

that said, scaled down to sale that Valkis is sexy

Have a similar feeling.

gxv4 wrote: »
    gNV7X3P.png

Might as well put that in a Lockbox or in the Lobi Store, but I am speculating that it will be the Citadel that goes up.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I've been waiting for this for a long time!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    So....
    Any chance of C-Store 26th Century ship bundles that based on Klingon and Romulan ships?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    aa1238 wrote: »
    velqua wrote: »
    WORST IDEA EVER!!!

Seriously, what's next!? Playable Tactical Borg Cube? Playable Dyson Sphere? The game might not be ending, but with the release of these types of ships, one does begin to wonder.

First of all, no one in the STO dev team is stupid enough to make a playable Dyson Sphere. that thing is a whole MAP for goodness sake. Though I hope they put in like a borg Probe as a playable ship. That isn't too much right?

Heh, people would complain that it takes too long to fly from the Account Bank console on one end of the Dyson Sphere and the Contact Duty Officer console on the opposite side. ;)
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User

Please don't give them any ideas

RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Oh, thank god. Another promo, but I'm not the least bit interested in this. Don't need crafting materials, and to me the ships look horrible.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    For a comparison:
    20161101120551_1.jpg

Jesus H. Christ.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about the health of this game with these constant promos?

I did not wanted to spell it out but it does have a slight taste of desperation...

Other than that I hope its just a monetized beta test for over sized ship game-play behavior for an upcoming Cooperative faction release.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about the health of this game with these constant promos?

I did not wanted to spell it out but it does have a slight taste of desperation...

Yeah, it does seem a bit 'out of left field' to me. Would these be considered the 'ultimate' canon ships? What will they do after this? I've said for years on the forums that once you see a playable borg cube it's time to start fearing STO is on it's last money grab before PWE closes it down or loses the Trek license!
    For a comparison:
    20161101120551_1.jpg

No man... you gotta get in your Oberth and then take another picture!
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The problem with being concerned about the future health of the game regarding promotional content and lockboxes is that if people keep bringing up "Most Recent Playable Ship" as indicative of the end of days for the game, then even if it does come true, nobody is going to believe you.

I think if players didn't behave in this manner each and every time this has come up, I'd maybe take their opinions a little more seriously.

But we've been hearing the boys crying wolf for a few years now, and it still hasn't happened. We've been hearing the cries of Dooooooooom since game launch in February 2010.

Of course, the game will eventually reach the end of its life cycle. But I sincerely doubt CBS Studios is going to pull the license out from under Cryptic when they're this close to launching Discovery and all the additional tie-in promotions that come with it, including anything involving STO.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Aren't the Romulans part of the Federation by the 26th century and hence their ships would be Fed ships?
    I would love to get this but I hear R7D promo ships are incredibly rare to get. I've seen them go for £200+ online.
    Probably just as well. If everyone had one of these there wouldn't be any room.
    For a comparison:
    20161101120551_1.jpg

Jesus H. Christ.

The size of the J has been known for a while. It makes sense considering it's from the 26th century. The Vengeance is the error there.
    djxprime wrote: »
    Apparently this is the real deal. ZEFilms just released a video. It's got a unique bridge, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFUAdDK5DFA

That's looks like the Klingon bridge. I've always imagined the bridge of the J to be like the bridge of a Star Destroyer in Star Wars.
    nimbull wrote: »
    Anyone notice the nacells on the fed ship? Is it me or does it look like broken polygons strung together to look like a starship?

2b7852480cc2e6eb252ca53931e5d9db1488840538.jpg

Seriously am I seeing actual rendering issues in this promo picture because the one nacell looks like it's stitting on a toothpick of a strut that actually doesn't appear to be touching any part of the nacell and the blue part is almost floating there.

It's just that the ship is so large that they look weak. Also with this being in the 26th century, they could be the strongest thing of the ship. Like Drexler says, you have to stop thinking with your "ape brain" and think outside the norm.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    There's no reason why the final version can't be scaled down a bit, not that I'd be averse to dramatic battles with really big ships.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • akumawraithakumawraith Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The massive capital ships of the 26th Century could soon be yours, PC Captains!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10423573

Ships that look like the got caught in a trash compactor and flattened. No thanks.

Got a better Idea fix your game. Improve ground Away mission combat. (dodge and cover not just a combat roll that works occasionally)

Hell a lot of things need to be fixed. Oh how about finally lifting the cap on Dilithium, Its been long enough and with 80% of the end game content tied to it now I do think its long over due.

• doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    the more it goes the flater STO ships are !

make them a bit more flat and we wont need 3D anymore ;)

ABOMIFREUX !
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg