test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty officer Commendation? Rank 1 on Development..

m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
I'm rank 1 on Development. Am I suppose to get something or what? It says "select a single green duty officer."
I never got a chance to select anything when I leveled up. If I am suppose to go get the officer from someone where do I go?

Comments

• tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    When you achieve that rank there's typically a popup that happens with the recruitment person and a menu. The menu has "store" on it where you can go and get the DOFFs. But you can do that just by going to the person at the academy as well. The other things you get are automatic. Go to the overview tab and then click on "Development" and it will display what you get for each level.
  • m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    When you achieve that rank there's typically a popup that happens with the recruitment person and a menu. The menu has "store" on it where you can go and get the DOFFs. But you can do that just by going to the person at the academy as well. The other things you get are automatic. Go to the overview tab and then click on "Development" and it will display what you get for each level.

So, I have to buy the person from the store is that right?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    Yes, but you use a token not dil. If you see a price with dil then something is wrong. If you see a price of 1 then it is OK.

To open the store manually go to starfleet / klingon academy and talk to the person next to the personnel officer where you request free doffs. Not the personnel officer, the person next to them.
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    When you are directed to "select x duty officer" by the personnel officer, Lt. Ferra, I think...that one is free.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    I have a bug on one of my characters where the pop up came but no rewards were offered. Then instead of proceeding to the next level, Commendation stayed on the same Rank and kept accumulating XP passed the goal. I got a Support Ticket up right now. You should do the same if Ferra doesn't give you your reward in-person.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    I have a bug on one of my characters where the pop up came but no rewards were offered. Then instead of proceeding to the next level, Commendation stayed on the same Rank and kept accumulating XP passed the goal. I got a Support Ticket up right now. You should do the same if Ferra doesn't give you your reward in-person.

I've had that happen several times but a map change or log out / log in has always fixed it so far.

• jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    I've had that happen several times but a map change or log out / log in has always fixed it so far.

I've had it since around November. But that may work for someone else if they come here looking for a solution.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    If you missed the popup, Lt. Ferra is at Starfleet Academy in the same building where you can take the quiz for a bit of dilithium.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Lt Ferra (in the daily/indigo room on the Academy) is your man humanoid/NPC :)
    This post was written to try to sharpen/clarify a point or a few (mainly new info is regarding update commendation only), though those addressed generally above.

To the point:
    You approach Lt. Ferra not only to buy a doff,
    (The specific type (commendation category tab) and rarity levels granted by leveling commendation are bought, once, per token AKA FREE. A second (non free) or more doff of same level which you then gain an entitlement to BUY from, costs dilithium but those are not the doffs you have earned for commendation.
    The store opens normally when you were entitled to one by raising a commendation level, but you can go to Ferra later too.)

-Lt. Ferra is also used to CHECK/UPDATE COMMENDATION in case it wasn't update to the next level/finished current tier, when one level is done. (nothing can be lost by doing this.)
    I think it's Lt. Ferra too (search an option to update commendation when talking to, then chose your non updated one), if it's not, then it's a NPC really nearby...

pending edits for accurately, this is a preliminary yet I think useful info.

P.S.
    Just in case, next time when leveling up commendation, I think you'd better interact with the open window (continue/accept reward or whatever, and open store then when prompted maybe too) just "for safety" (unsure if needed, it's as said a just in case practice). However, now Lt. Ferra can allegedly solve your issue.