test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation store vouchers

fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
Everytime we do a reputation project we get a box with an item from the reputation store. I love it because it is like getting a present. However the items fill up my inventory and bank slots. I use them, but there are also a lot which have good quality, but I have no purpose for them. So I keep them with the idea, I can always get rid of it and things you can do always, you do never.

Why not give the option of a voucher; a token with which you can buy something from the reputation store. You can safe them and they can stack up in one inventory slot.

Comments

• misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    [deleted duplicate post]
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    +1 for this idea in theory.

But sometimes the mods on a weapon can be better than those found im then store. I was once lucky enough to roll a CrtD3 withering dual beam bank which would otherwise not be available in the store.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    I pretty much just sell all of it to the NPC vendors to offset the EC cost of the rep projects. Unless I get something really good like misterloz mentioned, or an elite mark.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • ev1taev1ta Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Can these vouchers please stack in your inventory?
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I'd use the vouchers for special item so that I wouldn't have to wait around for an hour to get a queue to pop just get one Datacore.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No. The randomness is fun.

If you fill up your inventory with the vendor trash instead of selling it, that's your own fault.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I keep a bunch of the ubiquitous ground weapons if they start getting really huge by some meta change (that's what non away team boffs are for), I also keep good space stuff. But most of it I sell. (Most of the time I will keep all boxes closed until I find the time to open all 20 or 40 at a time, so I can immediately sort and compare which ones are better)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind vouchers as rare drops, kinda like the elite marks that those boxes sometimes yield. If one doesn't want to use them, give them an EC value like 50K EC to at least make them worthwhile to sell.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Randomness? They seem to think that I am trying to start a mercenary army with all the ground weapons they dole out. Well except for the Dyson guys that seem to think you need a gaggle of Consoles buffing Proton weapons.

And if I'm up at Tier IV, I've done a lot for these guys already so I think I deserve better than Rare presents.

My preferences are, where applicable, the Elite Marks. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    You have a small chance at an elite mark, and a decent chance at getting a good ground or space weapon. Just sell the ones that are not-so-good.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    People actually keep that stuff? Why? Sometimes you'll get something useful to stick on a boff but they're mostly just vendor items. Besides which, buying a decent version of something you might want to use isn't all that expensive.
    Bartenders just love the stuff. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Well the randomness can stay by making it an optional system, a random item from the store or a voucher, which gives you a random item from the store.

And don't trash my trash. I use mission rewards and those reputation items. I mostly get tier 4 rewards in battle grounds and during CCA I could win a first prize each day.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    fovrel wrote: »
    Well the randomness can stay by making it an optional system, a random item from the store or a voucher, which gives you a random item from the store.

Isn't that just adding an extra trip through the UI to replicate something that happens automatically now? It should be one thing or the other, not both.
    fovrel wrote: »
    And don't trash my trash. I use mission rewards and those reputation items. I mostly get tier 4 rewards in battle grounds and during CCA I could win a first prize each day.
    I've spec'ed characters with rep gear too. It's not an uncommon practice. I've just never heard of anyone running out of space before. Generally people run an evaluation process on incoming gear (it's an early skill you learn in playing RPG's). Is this new thing better than an old thing equipped to my character/ship/crew? If yes, replace. If no, trash. If there's a content pile-up, it probably means that you're not evaluating things according to actual need (meaning that even with rep vouchers you'd probably run into space management problems again. The dev's work would just be pushing the breaking point back a bit. Is that really worth revamping a major loot system?)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Do you get more from bartenders than just discarding the item?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    Do you get more from bartenders than just discarding the item?
    Some bartenders, yes. Also some equipment vendors.

That is to say, discarding or using the replicator gives you 40% of the displayed value, some NPCs will give 50%.

Starfleet Academy's bartender is probably the most famous 50% vendor.
    50% value from Bartenders (and the Ground Supply Officer in the Dyson Ground Command Center) vs. 40% from the Replicators.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    MOST bartenders are 50%.

Some are only 40%.

You have to pay attention. One shoe does not fit all.