test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kligat observations

So I heard people talking about how the kligat sucks now... So I decided to test it. I have a bad habit of accepting missions for random reasons and leaving them in my journal. So I went to sector space and went to the closest one with a lot of ground combat... It happened to be Cold Call.

I have to agree that the damage is a bit underwhelming. It was doing around 250 per hit and my micro-photon did more than that.

But while massacring Breen on Defera I noticed something. It has a very short CD. After whatever skills I had were shortening the CD, the end result was around 7 second CD. Which means I can throw them often and not worry about saving it for the right time.

Oh also..... At the end Surah was talking about historical stuff and mentioned that at some point in relatively recent history there was a Klingon emperor named Sompek. Hmm.....
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My character Tsin'xing
Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Yea, was dropping fully shielded elite Borgs in one hit, or pretty much 95% of it's hit points, before the nerf.
    Now....I feel like a straw with some spitwads could do better, now....and mine's a Mk 14. :#

Made this showing how I feel about the Kligat being declawed. :s
    Q72S8gO.jpg

Used an enlarged shuriken for the Klignat, since it was the closest I had to the Kligat.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yea, was dropping fully shielded elite Borgs in one hit, or pretty much 95% of it's hit points, before the nerf.

That's pretty much the definition of OP though. Now Kligat is like comparable TAC kit modules but with different properties that favor certain play styles over others. For example, if you want to focus on shield bypass with melee weapons, a shotgun or TR-118 then a Kligat is a better choice than a Micro-torpedo. If not then a Micro-torpedo is a better option because it helps chew threw shields (along with your other weapons) and has small AOE. For ENG/SCI, same deal (though with other modules entering consideration.)

I do like this, it means I can think about builds again rather than just going with the one ninja throwing star to rule them all.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Now....I feel like a straw with some spitwads could do better, now....and mine's a Mk 14. :#

Q72S8gO.jpg

Used an enlarged shuriken for the Klignat, since it was the closest I had to the Kligat.

Nice work, as always. Love the skirt.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Q72S8gO.jpg

That image is such a fake!
    Because right now, the kligat would have bounced harmlessly on him while making a squeaky noise. :tongue: Unless... that Orion is a changeling!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I would be really weird if the Kligat has more single target damage then a weapon that can actually disintegrate people in canon.

A relatively high DPS kit power might make sense.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

That's pretty much the definition of OP though. Now Kligat is like comparable TAC kit modules but with different properties that favor certain play styles over others. For example, if you want to focus on shield bypass with melee weapons, a shotgun or TR-118 then a Kligat is a better choice than a Micro-torpedo. If not then a Micro-torpedo is a better option because it helps chew threw shields (along with your other weapons) and has small AOE. For ENG/SCI, same deal (though with other modules entering consideration.)

I do like this, it means I can think about builds again rather than just going with the one ninja throwing star to rule them all.

well, see, the thing is....not all of us are DPS gods/goddesses. My sci AoY is not the toughest girl of my cast of characters, and having the Klignat made things a bit easier, since she could at least have SOME offensive ability.

Plus you got plenty of folks on ground combat PVP/PVE, like with space, able to do mega crazy DPS nonsense, like Mike Tyson matches from the mid 1990's, and drop the monsters before you can do anything....or, in PVP, totally MURDER YOUR FACE in mere moments, despite having really good equipment and traits....so having a mega cool throwing stars (though it reminds me of Xena's chaukra with teeth on it) that can do mega awesome damage...be it pvp/pve, I say keep it. It sure helped saved me a few times in the past, especially when there's lots of monsters to deal with....it really helped me deal with Thralls and fused constructs.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Q72S8gO.jpg

Nice work, as always. Love the skirt.

Thankies ^_^ ~curtsy~
    I'm always taking commissions for pictures if anyone wants. :)

Anyhow, the Kligat, in my opinion, has been neutered.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ev1taev1ta Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I still use it, but I won't be getting any more of them for any of my alts.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    So I heard people talking about how the kligat sucks now... So I decided to test it. I have a bad habit of accepting missions for random reasons and leaving them in my journal. So I went to sector space and went to the closest one with a lot of ground combat... It happened to be Cold Call.

I have to agree that the damage is a bit underwhelming. It was doing around 250 per hit and my micro-photon did more than that.

But while massacring Breen on Defera I noticed something. It has a very short CD. After whatever skills I had were shortening the CD, the end result was around 7 second CD. Which means I can throw them often and not worry about saving it for the right time.

Oh also..... At the end Surah was talking about historical stuff and mentioned that at some point in relatively recent history there was a Klingon emperor named Sompek. Hmm.....

There is something i notice quite frequently and it is time it is addressed: Stop comparing everything with grenades and micro torpedoes. Those are abilities only for tactical players while the modules which are tested are often for all classes.

As it was for the lightning module the kligat is for all classes and while it may be underwhelming for tactical players, it offers a worthwhile ability for engineers in that it is direct shield penetrating damage without a long animation.

Just because class specific modules perform better, that does not mean a universal module is worthless for other classes.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • carcosa#4225 carcosa Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I still use the Kligat, picked it up just before the nerf, but in the TOS show they state that it has a range of 100 meters... I don't mind the damage adjustment, just wsh they kept the range.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I still have it on my '0' Key and use it to supplement damage. I note the lesser damage, but really noted the shortened range. Had to close range to let it loose on Kobali. I do like the cooldown. Can be used often.

In the Arena of Sompek, range really wasn't a problem and I used it often. Same generally goes for Defera.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I was using it as a supplement to my Boolean Cannon. Such a long cooldown on the firing, I had plenty of time to toss it. But now it's so weak it's barely worth pushing the button on my keyboard. Cryptic needs to give it an auto-fire so I can ignore it totally. :D Right now it's sitting in my bank while I try out the lightning module. Maybe some player DPS gods were super-OP with it, but my poor engineer appreciated the extra damage it used to give.
    I was using it as a supplement to my Boolean Cannon. Such a long cooldown on the firing, I had plenty of time to toss it. But now it's so weak it's barely worth pushing the button on my keyboard. Cryptic needs to give it an auto-fire so I can ignore it totally. :D Right now it's sitting in my bank while I try out the lightning module. Maybe some player DPS gods were super-OP with it, but my poor engineer appreciated the extra damage it used to give.

^^^^^^^ Exactly
    Wu1Ooju.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think it'd work nicely with melee builds. It gives you an easy option when they're not in melee range.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2017

well, see, the thing is....not all of us are DPS gods/goddesses. My sci AoY is not the toughest girl of my cast of characters, and having the Klignat made things a bit easier, since she could at least have SOME offensive ability.

It sounds like you have a specific build problem there. It's not any justification for an OP kit power to remain OP. I run offensive sci builds only (including an AOY) and by no means are they lacking in firepower. In fact they got further, and proceeded more easily, in the arena than my longer-developed TACs. Try exothermic induction field and cold fusion flash. You get a Kligat like playstyle but in a way that's much better integrated with other sci traits and abilities. You can even go all-out with that with temporal modules filling out the remaining space, or abilities like hyperonic/neutronic radiation if that's more accessible to you (though I like supplementing with more focused sci-debuffs and command buffs.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • furyan#5289 furyan Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I PvP every chance I get ground and space. In my opinion, the Kligat was powerful but not overpowered. When you think about some of the other powers that can do the same amount of damage in the same amount of time ( e.g. Cold Fusion, and Endothermic and Exothermic Induction) plus all of the resurrection and immunity abilities, it was just fine the way it was before the nerf. I've already made the necessary changes to make up for the loss of it, so it doesn't really matter to me if it remains nerfed or not. I'm just giving feedback. I'm all for the balance checks. If that means nerf, so be it.
    Post edited by furyan#5289 on