test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A shout out to my homies?

I want to acknowledge the 4 --holes that just got me afk for two hours.
At about 8:25 EST, they shot up 4 cubes and the unimatrix in less than 45 secs. I barely had time to make 3 passes at 3 targets. No,I'm Not underpowered, level 60 plus, chel boalg, fleet tac consoles.

Something really needs to be done about this. Something other than dps alone, If you can't get any shots when you can't get enough time on target -more than fifteen seconds. If I leave the Queue I get punished, and if I stay I get F----D.

C'mon Dev's. we need something better than dps for afk!
"We seee many thingss, We seee new machiness on IX,
We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

Thank you, Frank Herbert!

Comments

• Options
    allahuakbar#6581 allahuakbar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    thanks for the group! glad you had fun. lets get together again in a few hours when your back in. LL&P!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me twice, but I was fighting with a crappy laptop that lagged, so that's why I couldn't get enough shots in. Get mad? No. Disappointed? Yeah. But I was just in there for Lukari marks. Got them next morning when I got lucky enough to get enough shots in.

Now that I have my blessed desktop back (Thank you, Son/SIL!!!*HUGS*) I shouldn't have problems like that. At least once I get used to this new keyboard I had to have.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    dinkydr2dinkydr2 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    these things and lag are part of what make my LTS purchase in December 2016, soo enjoyable. Before that I had been playing and Paying for three years.
    I have noticed more lag yesterday than before and this was using a rather nice desktop.
    We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

• Options
    I hadn't noticed any lag when I played on my desktop, just on my old, slow laptop.

We'll see what happens with this desktop. Son took my HD out of the other one and put it in another desktop that SIL built for me from parts he already had. But he likes games too, so I trust it will play the game sufficiently for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    I've experienced this several times too. It sucked, but hey, what can I really do? Just try again later, I guess. I haven't been getting too much lag lately (knock on wood), but the main thing that's been so discouraging for me about the game lately is getting randomly disconnected. Usually it happens whenever I'm trying to move from one map to another, and it gets stuck loading for a while and then just disconnects me. Not awesome. So that's part of why I haven't really been on the game much lately.
  • Options
    I don't let little irritants like stuck loading screens or a bit of lag run me off the game. I adjust and compensate. Heck, now that I have a desktop again, I have to adjust to how well the Vorgon Xyfius handles lol.

Now I did get a lot of lag on Mirror Bajor ground, but I may just need to adjust my settings some more. I do know one place I would always get lag before my computer crashed was also the Ocampa assistance mission in the Delta Quadrant.

Now, the space battles weren't laggy at all when I played last night, so perhaps it's just individual maps that lag or don't lag.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    dinkydr2dinkydr2 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I "found" a solution, just find your own cube to attack, seems to help.

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    You know, I had completely forgotten that borg RAs are a set queue now instead of a random encounter. Honestly they aren't worth doing without the boosted EXP. If you need omega marks, go do some Defera ground. You can get your daily bonus there in about 2 minutes (shoot up dem priests at the temple!), and if you need the Cybernetic thingamawhatsits (I haven't wanted/needed them in so long I've forgotten what they're called XD), go see if you can find a team and run the "hards". Takes 20 mins, you get 4 of them, and you also get a nice chunk of fleet marks. Done and done.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    dinkydr2 wrote: »
    At about 8:25 EST, they shot up 4 cubes and the unimatrix in less than 45 secs. I barely had time to make 3 passes at 3 targets. No,I'm Not underpowered, level 60 plus, chel boalg, fleet tac consoles.
    Gear or lack of gear has nothing to do with an AFK . I flew into Crystalline once with zero weapons except for my borg cutting beam and I still didn't get an AFK ban. I'm glad to see that you realized your mistake in your second post. Don't follow people that you can't keep up with because you'll never get a chance to get a shot in.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    dinkydr2 wrote: »

Something really needs to be done about this. Something other than dps alone, If you can't get any shots when you can't get enough time on target -more than fifteen seconds. If I leave the Queue I get punished, and if I stay I get F----D.

C'mon Dev's. we need something better than dps for afk!

It happens and it sucks when it happens to you but hat the thing you PUG it's a TRIBBLE shoot. If you want a sure thing do a private quque. Till then buck it up kiddo put on your big boy pants and stop whining.