test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major Bug - Chat Cursor Gone

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
The patch has introduced a very serious bug.

There is supposed to be a flashing cursor in the chat box when it is active, so that you know you are typing in it and not just mashing hotkeys.

Since the patch this cursor is gone, and it provides frustration all the time.

Please fix it as soon as you possibly can.
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Having this same issue.

Was wondering if I was just imagining a cursor being there in the first place.
  • syriliansyrilian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Not just the chat box but all cursors seem to be missing until you type something.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I reported this on the Tribble bug forum on the Monday before the patch.

Text input boxes fail to display cursor in leftmost position

syrilian wrote: »
    Not just the chat box but all cursors seem to be missing until you type something.

It's not literally all text boxes, just almost all. The one exception I found is the text box for the message body in the "Compose" tab of the mail window. However, every other text box I've checked is affected by this bug.

The bug actually occurs whenever the cursor is in the leftmost position, not only when an empty text box is selected. You can easily test this by typing something and then using the left arrow key to move your cursor all the way to the left one character at a time. When you get to the left of all the text, the cursor will disappear.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I reported this on the Tribble bug forum on the Monday before the patch.

Text input boxes fail to display cursor in leftmost position

So? Test server is obviously a bad joke, they always release everything bugged anyway. Not sure if they even check test server for player feedback.

• claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Also noticed this, and its seriously annoying as it is harder to tell if the textfield is active to type in.
    Post edited by claudiusdk on
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Having this too. If I recall correctly (this needs a check) it even affects a box which appears when your character disconnected from the server and needs login, however the launcher itself seems not to be affected.

Chat window's effect is the most bothersome for me, though. And indeed it's VERY annoying.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Another issue is missing cursor in the Discharge Ship name box.

It is rather confusing there because the name is already in the box to start off with. Not being able to see a cursor there is strange...am I supposed to be able to type there? Well, yes you are but you won't see a cursor to tell you, you are actually IN that box to type.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Same problem, noticed it right after last patch I believe. Pretty annoying since it's hard to communicate during combat when multi-tasking and mashing keybinds while changing chat channels.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    edited March 2017
    Just adding/supporting other poster's opinion: I am personally 100% sure the issue appeared since the last patch exactly.
    (this was just a tiny remark to what alcyoneserene said that he believes this was noticed by him since last patch)
  • slycereslycere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Just chiming in to add that I too am having this issue. It happened during the patch for Arena of Sompek. The missing cursor is but part of a number of new bugs I have noticed which includes the unexplained difficulty in dragging items and skills.
    edited March 2017
    Well, for me more "errors" of interacting with wrong windows/opening windows accidentally/moving my char in strange way by accident (such as crouching or shooting mode accidents) instead of typing occurred, or making more error (partially) typing in/out of chat box (or having difficulties initiating chat sometimes, making in game moves instead). I even managed to somehow accidentally edit a friend list comment entry with nonsense random looking letters, wondering if more serious things could happen by merely a small typo.

I thought this all was linked only to me not knowing initially in each time in which active window/chat box I am even in case it was clear before, making my usual "typos" and causing this way more troubles than before, and then, seeing the effect, having more "insecurity" (or less noticing the cursor when it actually appear, causing other mess) or confusion in that specific regard too somehow (I think I need strong visual cues/feedback especially - being non coordinated and not noticing well, but after the patch I seem to less trust/expectation to find cursor or finding this measure less valid, so less noticing those when a cursor IS marked - but this is an assumption) which just increased the phenomenon. Yes the cursor bug ITSELF affects me very badly.

As of "last patch" - yes, 100% sure it's exactly since the arena patch as slycere said. Realized that from the date of my post (this and the previous one) it might have been not very clear.

BTW, also noticed other bug though unsure if it's since patch, it was regarding party invites whitelist, an issue which frustrated me much and was reported partially elsewhere, albeit non fully yet.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    bug is still there... PLEASE...fix it