test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Arena of Sompek - Prove Your Worth

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    We made it to wave 151 and stopped since the difficulty doens increase anymore and we spend around 1 1/2 hour to get there :)
    Here is the screenshot:
    SmKm452.jpg

Additionally we wrote down some small hints at our website sto-league.com which could help to beat the arena.
    Grats on not getting the waiting problem (bug?), I spent about that long on 10 waves. But seriously, that reward is absolutely pathetic for a 1.5h work.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    warpangel wrote: »
    We made it to wave 151 and stopped since the difficulty doens increase anymore and we spend around 1 1/2 hour to get there :)
    Here is the screenshot:
    SmKm452.jpg

Additionally we wrote down some small hints at our website sto-league.com which could help to beat the arena.
    Grats on not getting the waiting problem (bug?), I spent about that long on 10 waves. But seriously, that reward is absolutely pathetic for a 1.5h work.

you also get dil and crafting mats.... yeah no... its still pretty much TRIBBLE for that much time
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    qziqza wrote: »
    time bug and laughs aside, it is a solid design, an enjoyable instance, and could easily be implemented with different maps/venues.. good work!!​​
    I'd love a version in a devastated landscape under heavy rain and thunder, to make it feel like a "hopeless last stand" scenario.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Here is the screenshot:
    SmKm452.jpg

The waiting problem seems to be generated by engineers spamming mines, turrets, drones and generators. For the first try (the posted above was the second one since in the first one person disconnected after 60 waves.. ) we needed more than 2 hours to reach around wave 113 and there we had to wait sometimes 3-5 minutes for the next spawn. after we stopped using a lot of mines there things speeded up.

And for the reward, marks and rnd packs seems to fit the list, dil reward seems to get more than mentioned in cryptics list.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    time bug and laughs aside, it is a solid design, an enjoyable instance, and could easily be implemented with different maps/venues.. good work!!
    I'd love a version in a devastated landscape under heavy rain and thunder, to make it feel like a "hopeless last stand" scenario.

aye for sure :D

the potential scope with this design is great, very nice to see a ground map event, and i'm confident the console players will be happy to see it too.​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
    edited February 2017
    time bug and laughs aside, it is a solid design, an enjoyable instance, and could easily be implemented with different maps/venues.. good work!!​​

TRIBBLE yes!

Im seeing king of the hill kinda... bodies littered everywhere dark as TRIBBLE, lighting and torrential rain
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    also cool seeing something that really benefits from the strength of all 3 classes.. and what a great way for the devs to gather data too.

very win win!​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Starfleet Liberty Force...
    Qa'plah!
    - Cesska

wat

anyways looking forward to try out the arena during weekend.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Made it to level 32 pugging. We didn't have any map delay issues, but our sole engineer wasn't placing mines or emplacements. When it did pause, it seemed like it was waiting for something to despawn, so that could be causing delays for some.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    No pictures but I had three tries, wave 4 (defeated by tholians), low 30s (defeated by tholians) and 41-ish (defeated by boredom).
    Would really like to see a more even timer between waves. Had some instantly spawning, others taking close to 5 mins.

Enemies:
    The Tholians are much more deadly then the other enemies of the same tier in my experience, the larger ones able to do 600+ damage though shields.
    The Tzenkethi drones can get out of hand, had them spawn 3 gravity ones at the same time.
    The Voth mechs seem to like to jump up on top of the respawn cages, not really a problem so long as someone packs a sniper rifle, but looks kinda silly.
    Borg and Bluegill, while not terribly dangerious, were both a bit of a chore to grind though. Normally when I fight them I bring gear specific to them.
    The Elachi seemed to have about 1/3 more hp then other enemies of the same tier.
    I apparently did not get far enough to see some of the possible enemies, do Devidians ever show up?

Hazards:
    The lightning generator seems a bit enthusiastic, I could get 4-5 of the targeting circles lined up behind me as I ran around.
    Do the hazards hurt the NPCs? some seem to (lightning), but others did not (beams).
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I just did another pug. We made it to 70ish and again I was down one teammate for the majority and down two for the last few.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since the Vouchers are ACCOUNT Bound you do NOT have to play this all three days on the same Character. Yes, one Character will need to slot the Project and apply the Vouchers but they can be earned once a day on a different Character each day if you like.

My first run through on a Science we only made it to Level 10 and wiped. We were down to four as one dropped out because of the very long waits between rounds. Took almost 40 minutes to get there.

The second play through on an Engineer made it through 38 and wiped. An unbelievably large force of Na'kuhl just overwhelmed us. This time it was about 45 minutes to get to try 39. No long waits between rounds. Up to Level 4 in just over a minute.

Was an 80 Mark payout, but looks as if the News Blog is off a Level Category. According to the Blog at Level 38 we should have gotten 100 Marks, 960 Dilithium, and 1 Normal/2 Elite R&D Packs. What I got was 80, 480, and 1/1 instead, which are the Rewards for one Category lower.

The Orion in the Pug complained that that was her first time playing it for the day but she did NOT receive the Voucher.

I was surprised I was the only one in the Pug that took in a Paradox Corrector.

All in all, it was fun but the long wait times between rounds on the first Pug was off-putting.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    the tholians do seem to the the 'TRIBBLE you die now' of this map... 4 of em dropping enough rads to kill yer starship in orbit
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I made it up to 90 together with a fleet-mate, one G400 DPS dude and @lordsteve1 with one of his friends from the TSC. That was the second run, my first did not reach 40.

It was an awesome match and the most fun I had in STO in a while so thanks a lot to the devs for making it and to my team for the match.

Given the link to the rewards there are no titles/accolades past 70, no? Mission accomplished then I’d say.

lordsteve1 wrote: »
    We got to Lvl 89 in a premade. Got wiped in round 90 by what felt like a million Na'kuhl!

Good fun, best ground challenge i've had in a long time.

GG and well fought sir! :)

Level 38....

Let's better not pug that next time but well fought too Liz. ;)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Iconians seemed to be my bane. I have plenty of Tox/Rad resist for Tholian shenanigans. Multiple Harbingers spamming AoE attacks + 4 jerks teleporting to flank me is harsh.

No longer sharing Tactical Initiative means I can't share flank immunity, which would have been very helpful vs the Iconians.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I've done this 3 times now in pugs and twice gotten into the 70's. So with a premade reaching 100 is probably doable for most anyone with a good grasp of ground combat. I don't personally hate any of the enemies more then the others, but some of the bosses are somewhat annoying. Last map I kept getting stomped on out of no where by the Vaadwaur Overseer. I think they should be renamed Goro.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Last map I kept getting stomped on out of no where by the Vaadwaur Overseer. I think they should be renamed Goro.
    When Overseers join the party, you know you're gonna spend most of your time hopelessly running away from them, only to be unable to fire and rooted before getting thrown on the ground... repeatedly.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    the overseers are just... nasty.

p.s. 16939240_10158254815230052_3958453471080411487_n.jpg?oh=a5427f5a970d1beb61389a8bc12e2b09&oe=592D9AB8
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    lol! I didn't notice that! Actually he said he was liking this. We ended it by getting into the middle, back to back and just fought to the death
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    So far, it does not matter which character I play, I can't seem to get a second Voucher (until the next day).

Has anyone gotten more than one voucher in a day?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You can't, it is one Voucher a day per Account.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You can't, it is one Voucher a day per Account.

Thanks.

DWav-001.jpg

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    the overseers are just... nasty.

p.s. 16939240_10158254815230052_3958453471080411487_n.jpg?oh=a5427f5a970d1beb61389a8bc12e2b09&oe=592D9AB8

Great job in getting that far but those rewards in marks are abysmal for those kinds of results. Not to mention the amount of time sunk into that.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Mine stopped working a couple months ago, so I unequipped it. It would turn grey whenever I died, so I felt it better to use a device that functions reliably.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    Mine stopped working a couple months ago, so I unequipped it. It would turn grey whenever I died, so I felt it better to use a device that functions reliably.
    It turns grey if the whole team is dead. That's probably on purpose.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I assume the slack time between waves is proportional to the DPS the team can produce? The pugs I'm in don't generally seem to have much slack between rounds. I'm an engineer but not using mines. Will have to try mines next time to see if they jam up the spawn rate.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    very disappointed in Arena of Sompek, game caused my laptop to crash to blue screen (first time since upgrading to win10) after reaching lv22 so didn't get any rewards for my effort.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• arani1arani1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Had a couple of goes now, so long as you dont get an engineer who joins just to spam mines its a ton of fun, a good challenge.

All my goes have been pugs, and it seems hard to say, but there has been teamwork....I even got ....REVIVED!! :)

Nice map, I hope it comes back often.
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Watched a live twitch of Spencer and group go to round 400. ^^

Start of round 401, suicide out of boredom.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
    fJjyerL.png

Build I was running.

Twitch Video \(may be reuploaded to Youtube eventually\).

Team & Parse:

SCM - [4:43:31] DPS - @spencerb96: 464.81 @amieenicole: 368.35 @charlie902: 358.57 @grimlyone: 312.68 @capraibex: 239.90

4 Tacs and 1 Eng. Eng used mines here and there to give us a little bit a break here and there.

We could've went on forever, as the difficulty no longer scales up past ~105, but we decided that 400 was more than enough.
    ffluoti63bi9.png