test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks for the Klingon Dagger costume piece - now when can we fight with them?

There are a bunch of knives/daggers costume-wise in the game. How about adding them in as melee weapons?

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    that or having the dagger be used as a cosmetic override?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Where IS this costume piece? I can't find it.
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    Where IS this costume piece? I can't find it.

Under uniform, scroll to the bottom and click on "Hips Attach Right", that will give you the option.
  • Options
    cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    All in due time OP, all in due time. :smile:
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    is it Klingon only? is does not show up on my Fed.
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Yep, it's Klingon only.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I suspect what STO is currently missing is a set of dagger-fighting animations. (Plus mechanics for them, so you have similar combos as with the existing melee weapons). I figure creating such a set of animation is a lot of work, and as I understand, they don't have many full time animators in the team.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    And they would have to make daggers of some type available for all the factions to make it worth their time, because they wouldn't do something like that just for Klingons (sadly).
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Nice addition :) The last two color options are broken though. I guess they are for the bright silver chain and the white something (mark, symbol, logo?) on the blade. Looks a bit off, especially considering the usually rather dark colors KDF chars get offered.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Would be nice if the Dagger could be made available for the "bare legs" category, so Orion Females can wear them with the loincloths!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    carcosa#4225 carcosa Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I'm just glad they made a costume piece.
  • Options
    dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Interestingly, the dagger also shows up as a option to use on my KDF allied Romulan Republic character and BOFFs in the same "Hips Attach Right" category.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I suspect what STO is currently missing is a set of dagger-fighting animations. (Plus mechanics for them, so you have similar combos as with the existing melee weapons). I figure creating such a set of animation is a lot of work, and as I understand, they don't have many full time animators in the team.
    Interestingly the next Breach reward is Voth wrist blades...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    And they would have to make daggers of some type available for all the factions to make it worth their time, because they wouldn't do something like that just for Klingons (sadly).
    Feds get the MU dagger/belt.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg