test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Arena of Sompek - Prove Your Worth

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    You really wanna watch a 3 hour long video? Because that's how long it will take to reach round 100. Jeeez...
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I thought this was a fun event. I wish it spawned faster. I was pleasantly surprised!
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I was in a PUG and we were waiting less than two minutes per round. Made to round 31.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Level 38....
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I wish they made this event permanent.
  • Options
    parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    PUG had fun, first time for us all and made it to 21st round. Time between rounds was no more than 20 - 30 seconds, if that. A nice testing ground for setups. Be nice to keep it around in one way or another.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    this is a real shame. could be one of the best things to the game. but now on only level 24 after like 1.5 hours it's just brutally awful and painful. please fix and release next weekend.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    <snipped myself> And thanks for making it an account wide unlock.
    Post edited by mephizton2092 on
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    We got to Lvl 89 in a premade. Got wiped in round 90 by what felt like a million Na'kuhl!

Good fun, best ground challenge i've had in a long time.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    I enjoyed it, but honestly, the problem was too long in between and the lightening is um... random.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Considered my first run this morning a practice. Died right away when the floor started changing colors...

Also, any hint on how to get away from the blinking red rings? They caught me a few times...

Definitely fun... Wish it lasted longer. My pug only made it to 12...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    just keep moving. Rumour mill has it that the mines have to vanish before the round ends
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    While there was the problem of waiting long between waves, I had lots of fun with it and completed wave 47 with a PUG before wave 48 spawned Heralds, Defilers, Harbingers and Lightning and utterly curbstomped us.

It was also nice to have a mission where being a healer is very useful for everyone.

20170223223041_1.jpg
    20170223222311_1.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    So are the Vouchers totally random?
  • Options
    nephitis wrote: »

No, you get one voucher every 20 hours - ONE PER ACCOUNT that is. And the bonus item is an account unlock as well. If you open your event reputation tab and look under Store -> Account Reward Claim you can see the bonus item ( Universal Kit Module - Sompek Lighting) right there.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Second run got to level 47 with a pug. Haven't experienced excessive wait times between levels. I did find though that for most of the match I could just stand in one location and shoot things. Only had to move for things like the bombs or if I got swarmed. It's interesting and I'm sure some people will really enjoy it but it's not my sort of thing.
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    I like it, a bit long to play but neat. I played for 30 minutes and we manged to make it to round 32. I didn't get any even vouchers though. I've played it now twice and only once did I get the voucher. :( I think it might be bugged.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    This event turned out to be better than I thought it would be.

Except for the spawns not showing up for 5-10 minutes at times. I swear I fell asleep a few times just from sheer boredom. Had one member quit after round 4, so it was just 4 of us the rest of the way. Made it to lvl 26 before Heralds wiped the team in about 5 seconds flat.
    hey, at least THIS event reward is account-wide and you only need to do it 3 times instead of 14, so this only need be done on one character for the bare minimum reward (and i seriously hope this is the start of the trend of making ALL future event rewards account-wide, not just ships)
    ​​

That is THE saving grace to this event, the reward being an account unlock. And I also hope this is a sign of things to come with events granting account unlocks.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    nephitis wrote: »

No, you get one voucher every 20 hours - ONE PER ACCOUNT that is. And the bonus item is an account unlock as well. If you open your event reputation tab and look under Store -> Account Reward Claim you can see the bonus item ( Universal Kit Module - Sompek Lighting) right there.

Good to know.

It's pretty fun with a good team. Just got to wave 58 with a 4 man team (one dropped out)
    2400 dil and roughly 200 marks at that level.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    I like it, a bit long to play but neat. I played for 30 minutes and we manged to make it to round 32. I didn't get any even vouchers though. I've played it now twice and only once did I get the voucher. :( I think it might be bugged.

It's working as intended. You get ONE voucher PER ACCOUNT once a day for passing round 4. So in order to unlock the special item on your account you will have to play the arena 3 times on the same character.
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    szim wrote: »

It's working as intended. You get ONE voucher PER ACCOUNT once a day for passing round 4. So in order to unlock the special item on your account you will have to play the arena 3 times on the same character.

Oh ok, thank you. My Derp. :D
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    trekpuppy wrote: »

How many hours did that take?
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Except for the spawns not showing up for 5-10 minutes at times. I swear I fell asleep a few times just from sheer boredom.

I ran into this as well. It's too boring to wait that long between rounds. The team just sort of agreed it wasn't worth the time being wasted and let it end.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    angrybobh wrote: »
    trekpuppy wrote: »

How many hours did that take?

Close to 2 hours. One person left from boredom after 150 waves. Not having a pre-programmed end like NWS is a big drawback with this mission. At least the rewards should have continued to scale. Nice with a fresh challenge though. Thank you for that Cryptic. Now bring back NWS, shuttle or other. ;)
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Loving this event, played it all evening. Best so far was level 53. No wait time between rounds, sometimes you have to check in the corners for a solo enemy, if you all stand in the middle you may not see him hiding around the back.

After about 3 minutes of nothing happening, four of us started running around the map looking to see if this was the case. Spent about 5 minutes searching and trying to see if they perhaps spawned outside a wall or something. Nada. About a minute later, the next round started.

This happened two more times, and that's when we just gave up.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Bored to hell, this so-called mission is 90% waiting.
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    We made it to wave 151 and stopped since the difficulty doens increase anymore and we spend around 1 1/2 hour to get there :)
    Was a lot of fun to play that mission ^^
    Here is the screenshot:
    SmKm452.jpg

Additionally we wrote down some small hints at our website sto-league.com which could help to beat the arena.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    got to round 40 in ~2hrs, was actually the best fun i have had with a pug group in forever (not that i ever want to run it for that long again.. ever ever!!) even our '35 round' afk player added something to the humour.. we declared the afker MVP before we quit group.. so hopefully they will have a laugh when they get back from the cinema/pub/park.. or whatever.

time bug and laughs aside, it is a solid design, an enjoyable instance, and could easily be implemented with different maps/venues.. good work!!
    m34mpJi.jpg?1
    ​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015