test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patcher broken?

2»

Comments

• altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    UK here. Launcher can't even connect here to patch properly as far as i can see.

0% right now.

Use the EU patch proxy. It won't do a lot without it.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    lulz, sittin IN the EU i get like 30-40x as much ofa download rate using the US proxy.
    still awfully slow, but at least its doing SOMETHING.
    guess advising people to use the EU proxy pretty much caused that poor 486 to entirely collapse.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I finished patching and now stuck in the loading screen. Just awesome.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Just hit 60%! I'll be in STO any day now!
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Stuck at 0 percent. 720KB downloaded in about 1 hour. My connection downloads 15MB-22MB+ a second on average. Why have they been having so many server problems lately? This has to be addressed, the server stability is getting worse, it will eventually reach a tipping point.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I finished patching and now stuck in the loading screen. Just awesome.

You may need to launch game in safe mode. If you have not already tried that I recommend you do so. You will however need to redo your graphics settings.
  • ds79ds79 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    OMG OMG OMG 17% - after ONLY ~90min. I'm also Armored Warfare player. Maybe Obsidian joined STO team?
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Yesterday the neverwinter patcher installed a similar sized update in about 15 minutes, but today the sto patcher takes over an hour to download same amount of data.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    crowley875 wrote: »
    It went slow for me as well. But then I was told to use the "EU patch proxy" whatever that means. And it was smooth sailing from there.

Good call on the EU Patch Proxy. 70% in 25 minutes (Australia)
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    Going faster now on the last 500MB. 25-30mbps
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I'm done patching!!!! And it 'only' took 40 minutes. :/
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    If you think slow is fun wait till it starts restarting over and over.
    I'm done patching!!!! And it 'only' took 40 minutes. :/

It's the easiest activity associated with the game
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'm almost ashamed to say the patch worked flawlessly and very fast here (about 15 minutes) in France.

Granted, I had the latest Tribble build so Holodeck just mostly copied what was in the Tribble installation folder, I think.
    I hope this gets resolved soon for those who have troubles.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    I'm almost ashamed to say the patch worked flawlessly and very fast here (about 15 minutes) in France.

Granted, I had the latest Tribble build so Holodeck just mostly copied what was in the Tribble installation folder, I think.
    I hope this gets resolved soon for those who have troubles.

Yes, that's why it was fast... >2GB patch for me, still going... >1GB to go.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    This patch was slow in the same way when I was patching it on Tribble. I suspect it is just huge.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I've had bigger... ooer.

Seriously, 5GB or even the entire game re-downloaded (20GB+) has been quicker.
    tnl3Zwx.png
    It's improving at least, using the proxy. Last 100MB... you will soon be rid of me from the forums until the next problem... :-p
    tnl3Zwx.png
    Patcher still not working game off now nearing 9 hours today. I wonder if anyone is even working on it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to patch? Its trying... But its like looking at an old dial up connection...

Nah. It just took a while, is all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,605 Arc User
    I started mine at 1 PM Pacific, it took under 10 minutes with a 12 mbit connection. I did not have any pre-patching from Tribble.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I waited until about an hour ago to start trying to repatch. The patch itself was a little bit slow, bit then, I couldn't get past the "Star Trek Online: Reckoning" splash screen. Force Verifying the files seems to have fixed it though.

Just in case anyone else is hitting the same wall...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,605 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    I waited until about an hour ago to start trying to repatch. The patch itself was a little bit slow, bit then, I couldn't get past the "Star Trek Online: Reckoning" splash screen. Force Verifying the files seems to have fixed it though.

Just in case anyone else is hitting the same wall...

You can also try ALT-TAB to minimize that screen and then re-open it. That fixes some startup glitches I run into sometimes like the mouse tracking being off (using a different DPI screen resolution than what the game is set to).

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Glad to see, sort of, it's not just myself thats getting trickle fed the patch.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Using the EU proxy from the UK and in the last 30 minutes it's given me a whole 17mb worth.

How long is this event running for again?
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Nvrmind. I can't read. Still odd it wants 6 Megabytes of new patch after patching up earlier.