test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary event extended?

merlinofliramerlinoflira Member Posts: 55 Arc User
Will you guys be able to extended the anniversary event since your having a Shard Maintenance? The shard maintenance is going to be held on the last day of the anniversary. I'm afraid I'm going miss getting the free ship because of it.

Best Answer

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    No, events almost always really end when maintenance begins. When the servers come back up the event is over. Sales and giveaways are the same.

Events are almost never extended, and are never extended because of maintenance. They give 10+ spare days, it's up to you not to need that last 15 minutes after maintenance.

Some of us have lives outside Star Trek Online. We can't be playing Star Trek online 24/7.

I work full time. It took at most a half-hour a day (with extra omega grinding) for 15 days out of 28. You only had to show up a little more than every other day.

Answers

• imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    When does the event say it'll end? It'll end at that time, before or after the maintenance. Usually maint marks the beginning and end of events.
  • merlinofliramerlinoflira Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    When does the event say it'll end? It'll end at that time, before or after the maintenance. Usually maint marks the beginning and end of events.

The event end at 11 AM same time as Shard maintenance does.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    No, events almost always really end when maintenance begins. When the servers come back up the event is over. Sales and giveaways are the same.

Events are almost never extended, and are never extended because of maintenance. They give 10+ spare days, it's up to you not to need that last 15 minutes after maintenance.
  • rolavatcb2rolavatcb2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Start the event project, use all vouchers you have and you should be able to finish it next year, there used to be option to get extra vouchers for lobi but I dont see it for this event.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    rolavatcb2 wrote: »
    Start the event project, use all vouchers you have and you should be able to finish it next year, there used to be option to get extra vouchers for lobi but I dont see it for this event.

Pretty sure the vouchers say 7th anniversary on them. Next year will be 8th anniversary.
  • helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    rolavatcb2 wrote: »

Pretty sure the vouchers say 7th anniversary on them. Next year will be 8th anniversary.

Apparently there is some sort of option that allows you to use the 8th Anniversary Vouchers for the 7th Anniversary event if you still have the 7th Anniversary Event in your Reputation tracker when the 8th Anniversary Event starts... or something like that.
  • tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I carried over 6th year vouchers and they were useless as described, I think it's safe to assume 7 year vouchers will also be useless. So turn them in for marks now.
    Events are almost never extended, on the rare occasion it has happened an announcement was made well (weeks) in advance.
    no... I meant you could use the 8th year anniversaries vouchers to finish the 7th year event... not that you can take the 7th year vouchers and try to use them on the 8th year event... that would never work.

Some of us have lives outside Star Trek Online. We can't be playing Star Trek online 24/7.
    edited February 2017
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Well now... that just doesn't seem fair... PC also had a nearly 24 hour long maintenance... in fact PC's was longer than the one for PS4 and X-Box...

That's stink how the Anniversary Event was extended for consoles but not PC. I was only 40 vouchers away from getting the Lukari ship. Now I will not be able to get the Lukari ship because of shard maintenance. Oh well maybe I will have better luck on the next anniversary event.
    edited February 2017

I work full time. It took at most a half-hour a day (with extra omega grinding) for 15 days out of 28. You only had to show up a little more than every other day.

I did show up a little bit for the past two weeks. I thought I had more time to get the anniversary ship. When the anniversary first start they give an end date of the 25th then they change it to the 23rd. If I knew they were going to do shard maintenance on the last date of the anniversary I would have done it from the start.
    Well it turns out that I just had enough time to finish the anniversary event. The next time they have a anniversary event I be sure to planned ahead.
  • thearkadythearkady Member Posts: 27 Arc User

Well now... that just doesn't seem fair... PC also had a nearly 24 hour long maintenance... in fact PC's was longer than the one for PS4 and X-Box...

Tbh, not giving PC gamers the same extension despite effectively taking a day away from them (well, Euro/UK at least, I guess the overlong maintenance got finished in time for US?) on Tuesday shows bad character.

Especially considering the Tuesday maintenance was apparently a downgrade to dial-up modems for the patch server...

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

No, it wasn't. Maintenance started at 9am EST and if I recall correctly people mentioned the servers were back up by 6pm EST. I know I was able to log into the game at around 6:15pm EST on 2/21/2017.