test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

science defense?

setsunaseyeisetsunaseyei Member Posts: 35 Arc User
edited February 2017 in PvP Gameplay
With temporal stuff right around the corner for us console players, a friend of mine has decribed a problem he sees. He doesnt know how to resist and/or defend against the powerful damage dealing science abilites. He is an engineer and told him to pretty much use his captain skills to out last his opponents that extra second to kill them before he dies. This conversation has sent him on a search to finds ways to tank science abilities and id like to help him. So are there any known ways?

Comments

• Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    If the temporal stuff is about to go to console, get ready for PvP to lose a lot of participants. It's the closest to being completely dead on PC that I've ever seen it. I myself realized how much I wasn't enjoying PvP the other day after watching some older PvP videos. I won't be PvPing much, if at all, anymore.

I don't know what to tell you about actually resisting the temporal powers, they do super high physical damage that completely bypasses shields. I'm a healer and it's extremely hard to tank even for me. You'll get a science console that adds 50 physical damage resistance, but I hardly ever notice a difference when I use it. My only advice is just load up in immunities and try to trigger them whenever you hear that high pitched noise the temporal powers make.

Good luck.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It really is a sad state of affairs at the moment. As someone who exploits every iota of temporal cheesiness, I can attest that it is way out of balance. And while it's fun to play like a fighter jock in my temporal raider, it says something about the game that a Sci captain is outdueling veteran Tac PvPers in what amounts to a dogfight of one-shot cloakers.

So, despite my own limited success with the new powers, I have to agree with Lyle: PvP was better without Temporal in the mix.

RCK - a.k.a. "Evul Jacob"
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    There's a single console which adds some extra resists to exotic damage. The problem is, it's not anything close to enough.

What you need is lots of immunities. The Zahl trait for example. Rock and roll would also help if you time it just right.

Without those immunities, my cruiser goes from 110k to 0 in under a second. Seriously, I've seen these attacks do 100k+.

So yeah, expect PvP to die very quickly as people get fed up of dying to one or two presses of a button. It's so ridiculous my temporal raider doesn't have any weapons equipped
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse