test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] T6 Multimission Explorers!

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Ehh... there will be always people that want option with less Graphic FX (especially on some wintage PCs)

Channeling Chekov, are we?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    These ships all look amazing. From a visual point of view I could fall in love with all of them...
    pmuvj73Aj
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I do want to see the alternate angles; or get comparison shots of the other two faction groups together (the KDF are a little hard to distinguish, and except for the 'warp ring' being incomplete on one version, it's hard to see the differences on the Republic ships)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • xscrawlerxxscrawlerx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Just imagine: If Cryptic would put as much effort into creating new and amazing content as they are with these new ships.. Just imagine how wonderful this game would be..
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Too many science ships for the KDF and Romulans. It must be a conspiracy to break the warrior spirit and turn all the Klingon in nerdy scientists with lab coats and spectacles.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »
    Too many science ships for the KDF and Romulans. It must be a conspiracy to break the warrior spirit and turn all the Klingon in nerdy scientists with lab coats and spectacles.

Oh... Oh God... Klingon Hipsters:

"I was cataloguing star charts and examining the scientific principles behind the Bajoran Wormhole BEFORE it was cool!"

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Finally, my prayers have been answered. I've been rocking the Vesta since the release of the T-5 (Aux cannon boat.) Can finally upgrade to a T-6.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    These new ships look great. After seeing the stats, will the T6 Multimission Explorer ships come with the intergrated chroniton quantum slipstream drive?
  • roborobin96roborobin96 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Oh my goodness...

IT'S FINALLY THERE! :dies:

I really hadn't considered Temporal for the specialization, and I'm definitely going to have to tinker around with Boff seatings to find the ideal one. I'll buy all three, but I'll fly the tactical version.

But anyway, thanks Cryptic for making the T6 Vesta happen!

@reyan01 : I feel you. But I do think the T6 Nova isn't far away, since they're breaking out the science vessels for T6 now. I do declare however, that the Nova should have gotten upgraded earlier because it's from a TV show, has been around for far longer than the Vesta and because its heavy involvement in Delta Rising would have provided a perfect opportunity. But it'll come, I'm sure of it.
    830px-Vesta_side.jpg

Who's the prettiest of them all?
    As for kitbashes, I'm definitely going to use the pylons from the original Vesta, as seen in my signature. They make the ship appear longer, faster and more elegant.

And, to talk further about the Nova - are there any science vessels, besides the Nova and the Luna, left that have not recieved the the T6 treatment yet?
    830px-Vesta_side.jpg

reyan01 wrote: »
    Oberth class. And considering the fact we have T6 NX class and Constitution class in the game now, a T6 Oberth isn't too big a stretch of the imagination.

Please no. The Oberth is one of the ugliest Fed ship designs I've ever seen, and since, according to the lore, the Nova was intended to replace the Oberth in Starfleet, it would be a damn travesty if the Oberth got upgraded before the Nova.

830px-Vesta_side.jpg

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'd really love a T6 Oberth! It has such a unique design.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    As for kitbashes, I'm definitely going to use the pylons from the original Vesta, as seen in my signature. They make the ship appear longer, faster and more elegant.

And, to talk further about the Nova - are there any science vessels, besides the Nova and the Luna, left that have not recieved the the T6 treatment yet?

Oberth class. And considering the fact we have T6 NX class and Constitution class in the game now, a T6 Oberth isn't too big a stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, except, you know: It's an Oberth. Besides there's still the ugly deep space science vessel (the free more eng Tier 5 Luna colleague).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    So do we know if the new ships will be full price or discounted during this weekend?

Things I want in STO:

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

Yes..The Wells..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    So do we know if the new ships will be full price or discounted during this weekend?

Seems it's full price. Was looking forward to upgrading those Aux-Powered non-Fed DHC with upgrade weekend, oh well, I can wait as long as it takes for them to go on sale. Too bad as well, was hoping to show my support for awesome sci x-faction packs right away and not months later.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    12000. I just purchased the 10000 (+1000) Zen on Tuesday. With the Zen I had left over after the Master Key and Services sale, I'm short by 631 Zen.

I really do hope that they'll bring it down to 9000 for the openning sale.

I forget is 6000 for three ships (such as the federation T6 Vesta bundle) the discounted price or full price?
    Well, given they are doing a Zen Charge Bonus weekend, I can understand if they decide to keep it at regular price.

Things I want in STO:

Well, given they are doing a Zen Charge Bonus weekend, I can understand if they decide to keep it at regular price.

Possible - but still worth being a little patient; still some chance that a 'new ship discount' might kick in on the hour, when the maintainance would have ended if there had been any.

Don't make me no nevermind... I'm not getting in until this evening. I do work a day job, you know...

Things I want in STO:

• lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Not to get ahead of myself but next time could we please get an alien science vessel pack? I was originally thinking Vulcan (T6 D'kyr perhaps), Gorn and Reman but you could do Orion for uniqueness sake.

Personally i'd like to see more faction alien ships. I'm still patiently waiting for T6 Andorian ships.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

The original STO golf-ball ships (can't use their models on the daedalus I don't believe).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png

The original STO golf-ball ships (can't use their models on the daedalus I don't believe).

Isn't the temporal wheelbarrow the same ship, but upgraded?

Things I want in STO:

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Quite unusual. When T6 Ships are released they are normally put on a Weekend Sale for the first Weekend at 10,000 for the niner, 5,000 for the Faction-pack, or individually at 2,500.. There have been occasions (T6 Jupiter Carrier) that released over the Black Friday Weekend in 2015 where it got the Black Friday 20% off so 2,400 and the Cross-Faction Science Modern Bundle that released over the Black Friday Weekend 2016 that received the 25% off Sale, or 4,500 Zen.

You will also note that the Zen Charge Bonus now looks to have a 'permanent' sliding Bonus based upon the amount purchased 15% - 25%. Before Black Friday 2016 it was always 15%.

Well, if they do go on Sale tomorrow (at the T5 prices) I will pick it up then. Until a Sale, No Sale. I have not spent Lobi in quite some time either and won't until they finally have a Lobi Store Sale - we are over a year and a half overdue at this time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User

The Oberth fought the Borg. It's canon.
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User

Don't forget the dustbuster Deep Space Science Vessel.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Quite unusual. When T6 Ships are released they are normally put on a Weekend Sale for the first Weekend at 10,000 for the niner, 5,000 for the Faction-pack, or individually at 2,500.. There have been occasions (T6 Jupiter Carrier) that released over the Black Friday Weekend in 2015 where it got the Black Friday 20% off so 2,400 and the Cross-Faction Science Modern Bundle that released over the Black Friday Weekend 2016 that received the 25% off Sale, or 4,500 Zen.

You will also note that the Zen Charge Bonus now looks to have a 'permanent' sliding Bonus based upon the amount purchased 15% - 25%. Before Black Friday 2016 it was always 15%.

Well, if they do go on Sale tomorrow (at the T5 prices) I will pick it up then. Until a Sale, No Sale. I have not spent Lobi in quite some time either and won't until they finally have a Lobi Store Sale - we are over a year and a half overdue at this time.
    Normally is relative. There was a time new ships didn't get the sale benefit, either.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    If so, very rarely. The nice thing about the word 'Normally' is that it is not an absolutist one, hence my deliberate use of the word. Also, the use of 'Quite Unusual'.

Well, with all these people slobbering over themselves to be the first to have them even at list price, will start to make it more likely they won't discount them at first release.

'Cryptic, take my money', why not:

'Take my love
    Take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care...'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    No Faction Bundles?!

NM just strangely hidden.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
    Nine-ship Cross-faction Bundle, Three-ship Faction Bundles and, nine individual Ships.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    The Rommie ships are purdy..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.