test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for Gravity Kills

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Pleas use this thread to post feedback and issues found for our new PvE queue Gravity Kills.

Space Queue: Gravity Kills

Comments

• raszloraszlo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I personally enjoyed the queue, however the chat was full of other players cursing at the mission ;p
    You could put more emphasis on the need of transporting the particles to the allied ship, because in my group only 2 players seemed to care for this and the rest was just fighting endless waves of enemies (well, one player left, or got disconnected).
    I like how every next station is closer to the hole and it's gravity is becoming more of a threat, however I think I've seen too many deaths caused by being sucked into (epsecially for anormal difficulty setting). I was lucky to be in a ship with pilot maneuvers, but without it I would definitely struggle to escape the force at the gamma station.
    I think that the briefing could include tips on dealing with the pull, like reminding players of the engines power setting, etc. Also the gravity strenght/station locations could depend on the difficulty setting.
    The mission took longer than expected, but I like the fact that it depends on the team performance and could be possibly done much quicker with some strategy and better setup. The rewarded amount of marks was suprisingly high for having failed the optional timer (106 I believe).

At the end of the mission I went towards the black hole and it seems, that my ship was not accelerating, only that the engines were more and more overwhelmed by the force - is it the way it works? At some point I received a message to warp out and damage was dealt to me periodically, but I couldn't see it really affecting me, maybe a strange synergy with the invincibility starship trait? After the warp I was at the starting position, but with 100% hull and shields. I don't know if it registered my death and respawned me, or this warp is also regenerating to top condition.

Why won't you remove the 30 min queue cooldown on Tribble? It makes the testing difficult.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I enjoyed this queue on tribble too bad I was in a group that had only a very few people in it since everyone left, we got rid of 2 of the 3 stations. Its a pretty fun mission.

Seeing the Kor and Jupiter in the mission was nice a joint effort by the Alliance to stop the Tzenkethi is nice. Tzenkethi was pretty nice.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Gravity Kills is just a joke. On facility Gamma, the particles all drift into the Instakill area, and that's assuming everyone didn't ragequit before you get there.

Why is it bad? The mechanic is tedious, and when the particles drift inevitably into the Instakill zone, it becomes impossible to get them.

I was also the ONLY member of my team who had a ship fast enough (about 50 impulse with max to mk Mk XIV engines) that could even grab a particle on Facility Gamma before it drifted into the Instakill Zone.

I understand making queues more interesting than just mashing Spacebar and spamming Fire At Will III beams (which massive Crit Chance and Severity, seriously, FaW needs nerfing (or Scatter Volley, Rapid Fire and Overload need large buffs), beams should NOT be the most damaging weapon type, Dual Cannons should), but this mechanic is clearly not well thought out, as few ships are fast enough to complete it, and people didn't seem to realise the mission wouldn't complete without doing it.

I seriously hope The Tzenkethi Front is better, because unless it has masssive changes, Gravity Kills is pretty much unplayable.

Good:
    -It's pretty. Even if the Particle Assets are clearly not complete (the unrendered big red or green sphere) yet.

Bad:
    -It's a chore, when people rage-quit a queue, it's for one of 2 reasons. Either most of the team doesn't belong in that difficulty and is dragging those that do down (this was not the case here, as it was normal). OR the Queue is not intuitive enough.
    -The mechanic is fine as a bonus (like it is in the Terok Nor queue), but to be the thing to complete the queue, it's clearly not simple enough when the majority (For Alpha and Beta, I had a teammate help) of players on your team don't do it.
    -The marks reward is just a joke. 20 marks, for over 20 minutes of tediously flying back and forth while Turtle-tastic enemies slowly whittled down the Jupiter, and teammate's sanity causing rage-quits.

P.S. Ground Queue like Brotherhood Of The Sword please. I feel using such a unique enemy like the Tzenkethi on just space content is a bit of a waste when their ground mobs are more unique (we already have Turtlers in space, we call them Voth).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Funniest thing - I just took a new ship from about level one of starship mastery to almost done with level 5 in a single sitting. Just parked next to the Jupiter and obliterated the endlessly spawning Tzenkethi ships. Its like a chute that mastery XP just pours out of. Never. Stop Firing! ;)

But more seriously, any encounter that makes people rage quit because they can't pew pew their way through it is a winner in my book. DPS is nearly worthless in some aspects of this encounter - which is awesome. Helmsman is like the bestest lockbox trait ev-ar on this map so that you always have evasive maneuvers up to do a little edge of the abyss dancing.