test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Horta on Vacation

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
When I assign crews to vacation, it always picks Horta miners as the best crewmembers to go on holiday:
A6F433A7474F40EF63DBF1B8DB007963913560CF
But the thought that always enters my mind is, since Horta eat rocks, does that mean they'd start consuming local geology to sustain themselves?
I'm not sure the planet's government would appreciate them eating bits of rock lodges or whatever they wanted.

I imagined a diplomatic incident arising because the Horta reduced the tallest mountain on the planet in vertical height by one meter when they ate the peak.

Now visualize them going on a vacation to Drozana or K-7 space station.
That's even less forgiving, if they started eating deck/hull plating and the electronics, it would not be good!
There was even a Deep Space Nine novel that covered this scenario.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    These are Starfleet officer Hortas, They behave themselves and eat only flavored rocks from the local restaurants.

(Sadly with Trendy gone there's no one left to push for us getting our promised playable Horta captains :( )
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yeah, I've seen some pretty funny matchings when it comes to DOff assignments. Treating a hologram for a facture comes to mind. I guess a Hotra going on Shore Leave actually makes more sense, but still, some of the pairings make you wonder what the mission might actually look like.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This is the one that always makes me laugh:
    D1FBB9F83F0A3F53725FAB903EB0FEB087FFF833
    I didn't set it up like this, it always does it by autoassignment!

How exactly does someone with no limbs or hands teach martial arts? :D
    Post edited by tilarta on

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Isn't the real question here: why don't horta get the "seductive" trait to be more successful on holidays?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    tecbulltecbull Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I sent a Horta miner to a Ushaan match, and he critted. How did he hold the axe?
    Oil, because Matter-Antimatter reactors haven't been invented yet... Please Hurry!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    tecbull wrote: »
    How did he hold the axe?
    Rock-steadily.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not as bad as the system picking VR Doffs for the 'Recruit Additional Labor to Aid Paradan Colonization Team' Mission where the Civilians will be lost. Be careful on those.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    exo-comps are good at Dabo :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This one I assigned the Horta to specifically:
    EE818827E4802B2CB38E69EC0881A8B1512DB4AE
    How could I not do this? :D

Getting a Horta drunk, I'd be very surprised if a diplomatic incident doesn't occur!

Bartender: They keep writing "NO SPILL I" everywhere! And there's a Horta outside burning patterns into the tarmac!

Just got the results of the assignment now, Critical Success.
    Apparently it worked!
    Post edited by tilarta on